1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Get Christian Wood the Hell outta here ASAP for AMAP!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Dec 28, 2021.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

As much as Wood would do wonders for GSW, he is only a regular season performer.

He stands for everything that is the opposite of winning playoff games and series.

Only teams like Sacramento, the Hornets would do a trade for him.

clutchdabear, saleem, Bo6 and 2 others like this.
  2. MystikArkitect

I'd rather a pick in the 15-20 range than Wiseman.

3. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Actually he's never played in the postseason.

4. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

As long as their GMs and coaches don't watch film footage of his interior defense like this, we might be able to trade him at a good deal.

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I saw him set a good pick. He's listening to us

Jontro and harold bingo like this.
  6. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

o_O

Can't stop watching! LMAO!

[​IMG]

#306 Believe It!, Jan 17, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
    BigShasta and B-Bob like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Did I say something about Christian? Never mind.....just want him gonel. Have at it.

B-Bob likes this.
  8. Bo6

Bo6 Member

people thinking GSW would ever touch a player like wood. laughable.

Wood + Gordon + Pick to the bulls for PWill or wait till the summer.

daywalker02 likes this.
  9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Always keep your back to the basketball -- #fundamentals. LOL

Believe It! and clutchdabear like this.
  10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

U figured the man b humble and play with a chip on his shoulder for being undrafted. Undrafted players usually play their heart out cause they know the sacrifice and effort it takes to prove people wrong that they deserve to b in the league.

This dude lost that drive somewhere along the way or used his physical gift to half ass his way here.
    Man has such a big ass ego for someone who can't seem 2 even play a proper big man role consistently

Believe It! likes this.
  11. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

As long as Wood can put the ball into the basket with reasonable consistently, we can always find someone willing to take him. There is a reason why players like Kanter, Melo, and Westbrook are all still in the league.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://theathletic.com/3075329/202...luating-potential-roster-moves-before-feb-10/

John Hollinger: So getting back to the Rockets and their players … in terms of valuing them on the trade market, Wood should have the most trade value, but I think a lot of contenders look at him a little sideways. They’re not sure about him defensively in a playoff environment, and the background reports on him (which were the reasons he went undrafted) weren’t improved any by recent events. He’s a really talented offensive player who can block shots, but I’m not sure the Rockets are really going to be able to get what they’d consider “fair value” for him.

Iko: Do you think the incident with Wood and the organization hurt his value some? I’m of the belief that teams know what he brings to the table — although what he did was disrespectful — but do you think some teams would turn elsewhere?

Hollinger: I do think it hurt Wood’s value, because while teams may generally know what he brings to the table, the owner is the final layer of approval. The realpolitik of completing an in-season trade is that you have to bring the owner on board to your vision — and do it relatively quickly; on some teams, this happens more easily than others. The recent Wood stuff adds another layer of friction, where the owner is asking more questions and maybe doubting it more.

[…]

Hollinger: It’s harder to find a landing spot for Wood, but one place that might make sense is Charlotte. The Hornets want to play helter-skelter, end-to-end and space the floor — which is right in Wood’s wheelhouse — and don’t have a real center other than Mason Plumlee. They also were interested in Wood during his last free-agency stint, I’m told, so it wouldn’t be shocking to see them take the plunge now. Which actually is a cheap way for me to introduce a fourth target player for the Rockets: P.J. Washington. He’s been passed in Charlotte’s forward rotation and will be up for an extension this summer. A deal along the lines of Wood for Washington and Ish Smith might make everyone happy.

#312 J.R., Jan 18, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2022
    saleem, Reeko, dmoneybangbang and 4 others like this.
  13. Jontro

Jontro Member

so wood retiring a rocket? what a consummate professional

14. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

PJ Washington? I have never heard of that person ever.

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. pippsux

pippsux Member

Trade him for what? More picks? To do what exactly? These are the questions that we as a community don't know. Rebuild, sure, tanking sure, but how do we avoid becoming that team that takes decades to rebuild....cause we are looking like that team

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I don't want more picks, we have enough developing players....

DD

18. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Well get ready for disappointment because picks are what the Rockets view as the best asset.

Htown Legend and Plowman like this.
  19. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Someone will swallow the hook. CW's upped his "game" of late...repairing the damage. We need to ship him , now...while he's healthy. 3 first rounders?

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

Sengun was acquired via picks from another team…the more picks we acquire, the higher our chances of being able to outbid other teams when impact players are on the market

the alternative would be keeping Wood and losing him for nothing next summer or overpaying him when he’s simply not that guy

Wood should be traded with the utmost urgency