1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Do You Have Any Tattoos?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ima_drummer2k, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

[​IMG]

Nook, Squirtle and Two Sandwiches like this.
  2. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

Not a bad choice my man.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  3. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

Yes. Yes it is.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  4. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i thought it was pretty funny, but if youre someone who finds will ferrell annoying than this is not the movie for you. as far as his "sports" movies its nowhere near taladega nights, but if you enjoyed the basketball movie he did than you would probably like this one too.

Squirtle and Buck Turgidson like this.
  5. jo mama

[​IMG]

#45 jo mama, Jan 16, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
    BMoney and Nook like this.
  6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Just one, the Astros H star logo over the state of Texas on my shoulder. I got the Astros logo as more of a general Houston representation back in 07, so it was a few years before the team actually went back to it.

Pretty much did it on a whim, so I got it because it seemed pretty safe for a first tattoo, turned out to be my only one. I've never regretted it in the slightest, but I've never felt the urge to get another one either.

B-Bob likes this.
  7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Guys, thanks for the input and kind words.

A little context - she was a stillborn at 38 weeks. So a favorite toy or memory wouldn't really apply, unfortunately. This Saturday will be 13 years. So 1/22 has always been a very meaningful date to us. My wife has a charm bracelet that she never takes off with her initials and the date, so it occurred to me that I don't have anything like that and I wanted something a little more....manly...than a charm bracelet...

Talked to the wife about it this weekend and surprisingly, she's totally down. She even wants to come with and get a small one on her wrist that she can hide under her fitbit. She already has 2 other small ones that only I can see (awww yeah....)

I think I'm going to stick with the inside of the forearm. I don't really have the guns to pull off a bicep tat....or the pecs to pull off a chest one. Last thing I want to do is draw attention to my man-boobs. I want people to see it because most who know me already know what it means. And I work from home fulltime so work won't be an issue.

Found a place in Kingwood on 494 that has over 100 google reviews - all 5 stars. So we're going to go on Saturday (perfect day) and do it. I'll see if I can post a pic once the deed is done.

Thanks again for all the great input!

#47 ima_drummer2k, Jan 18, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2022
    leroy, durvasa, mikol13 and 7 others like this.
  8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Agree, give or take needing one for radiation therapy, but those shouldn't really count.

@ima_drummer2k, thanks for sharing this and I'm really glad to hear it will be a family project. What do I know, but I think people who keep reminders of grief actually handle it better long term than people who just try to mourn briefly and act like they're completely over it.

mikol13 likes this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

$200

Xerobull likes this.
  10. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Sorry to hear about your loss even if it was years ago. A small tat is remembrance is def more manly than a charm bracelet.

11. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I just saw you can get numbing cream for getting it.. kinda interesting

12. jo mama

thats for cheaters! the pain is part of the process brah!

seriously though, i know shops and artists that use it. i had an artist offer it once and i turned it down. if i remember, it was a spray instead of a cream.

13. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't know it was a thing.
    I would have zero shame going under or whatever else