1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fired Culley

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DaDakota, Dec 5, 2021.

1. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

McDaniels is a jackass in the Bill Obrien mode.

2. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

Agree with all of this

RunninRaven and cmoak1982 like this.
  3. CrazyJoeDavola

If that was the case, why didn't they just keep Romeo?

jiggyfly likes this.
  4. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

That was before when he was hired as the youngest HC in NFL history at that time.

I feel like he’s really grown and matured now

5. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Now THIS is the type of rationalization that Cal, Jack and Nick are counting on Houston football fans to swallow hook, line and sinker.

Let me get this straight:
    The guy who knowingly hired an unqualified person to be the Texans head coach. The guy who stood up there and blew sunshine and butterflies up the collective behinds of Texans fans about what a GREAT hire Culley and how fans should be excited to have him. The guy who, after only one season, suddenly comes to the realization that the job performance of said unqualified person unexpectedly fell short of "expectations". That guy should be given a mulligan because it wasn't his fault that his decision to hire an unqualified guy didn't work out. After all, this is a guy who got to be in the same room with the great Bill Belechik so he should not be accountable for his actions here. Oh, and all Texans fans should close their eyes and pretend the just concluded 4-13 debacle never happened (and doesn't count) - it was all just a bad dream and David Culley's fault...

6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Literally a waste of a season, i do not know y they didn't just hired the ex pat last year. instead of all this

3Rings likes this.
  7. conquistador#11

He pulled that stunt on the Colts just 18 months ago. He is still the same guy

Rudyc281 and McNultyisDrunk like this.
  8. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Rudy has a hard on for mcdaniels

9. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Rock hard

10. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

People do have the right to change their minds doesn’t mean your an a$$hole

raining threes likes this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

"So.... uhh have you accepted Jesus Christ into your heart?"

Shark44 likes this.
  12. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

When u have a hard on for somebody u could literally defend anything they do.

See no further than the president of BoB fanclub, our fellow poster scarface.

What mcdaniels did is quite unprofessional to total ******* move. What He did was basically akin to accepting the marriage proposal, and leaving the person at the atlar for a hotter chick
    Don't b a scarface

Rudyc281 likes this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

What does being #2 in New England really mean, when Belichick is micro managing everything? What it basically tells us is that Caserio has the ability to work hard and focus and pay attention to detail (requirements for Belichick) but it doesn't really tell us how good he is at talent evaluation and player development. Hell, for sometime there were reports that Belichick was upset that they lost the good reverend and it turns out that really wasn't the case, because he did nothing but bond with some of the players on the Patriots but did very little else.

charlieaustin, Major and jiggyfly like this.
  14. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

It happens some people get cold feet

And naw no way I’m on that level but some people on here are on that level when it comes to their hate for the Texans

Are you one of those posters??

raining threes likes this.
  15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

How do you know Caserio was not in the headset that much?

Why are you ignoring the fact Easterby was also in his ear on the feild?

So even if what you say is true why did he hire him in the 1st place, he knew the guy before.

16. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

If I truly hate the Texans I wouldn't b on here discussing this with u. I just hate the dumb@ss umpteenth attempt to b patriots of the south and incompetence.

17. Newlin

Newlin Member

So, is Culley being interviewed by anyone?

Major likes this.
  18. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

I think you're looking at this from the wrong perspective. The difference between a lot of us and your line of thinking, is that you're approaching this from the standpoint that the Texans had a Super Bowl in their grasp, and sacrificed it with the hiring of an unqualified David Culley. The rest of us believe we had a complete tank job in our future, and NO ONE of worth was going to be willing to take that job, so they did what they could to get a "reset", and David Culley was the guy to get us there.

All the guys we wanted them to hire last coaching cycle reportedly didn't want the job without the guarantee of Deshaun playing.... we couldn't give that guarantee. So we're now sitting with a fresh slate... I think you're reading WAAAAY too much into this. Caserio inherited a bad situation, and Culley helped him bridge out of that.... end of story.

19. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

My point was in response to the poster.

It was mentioned that if someone is in the headset too much then you don't know if the failures are of the Coach or the person in the headset. My point was that Caserio wasn't in the headset so much that we don't know if Culley is really a good coach or not...

20. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

What is this weird ass logic. We are still in the same exact sht situation we were a year ago.
    Coaches are not lining up for Mills. All this bullsht about hiring culley for the culture when he was incompetent as fk was a waste of a season to progress in rebuilding

Like imagine u sht the bed the first time at your job and your excuse/defense was it was intentional. Any normal person worth their salt would have fired your ass.

jiggyfly likes this.