1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Jalen Green Experience is Coming

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Nov 9, 2021.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

https://stathead.com/tiny/q6fUA

Yeah they could do this more but Green is most dangerous in transition/early shot clock due to his speed. They need to look for him off every defensive rebound - lots of times they won't and Tate or whoever just bulls straight to the basket head down.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

Wood is the largest culprit of this. I'd much rather have Green speed down with the ball and probe the defense than Wood bringing the ball up.

And ya, Kobe's production at 18 and 19 was Corey Brewer level. So I don't know why people are making claims such as Green being closer to the next Brewer than the next Kobe. The reality is that no one knows what Green will look like in his prime.

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

Which is why he was drafted at 13. Which is why I say Jalen could be an all-star, but because of what is obvious now in terms of where he needs to go, and how hard that is to just develop those skills, and intangible abilities, it just is obvious to me that he was taken a bit too high.... but it's the number 2 pick which teams often get wrong for whatever reason anyways.

My only point really is the Rockets have a ton of development they need to invest in him, and a big part of this process will be how Jalen just matures as a person. How smart is he going to be as a player, teamate, and leader. How will he be able to mentally be able to put a team on his back without pure ball hogging, etc. And then how motivated will he be to go away in the Summer and pick up new moves, and skills the way a Hakeem or a Kobe did every year?

I also want to be clear that I'm using Brewer as an example of undeveloped basketball skills in the form of raw talent and athleticism that can be utilized in the game of basketball to help a team win. Even if Green never develops high level basketball skills or that superstar mentality/smarts, I feel pretty damn good that there are things Green will be able to do throughout his career that helps teams win. I totally think even as a raw package, he's likely a starter or early sub on pretty much any team like Brewer was. People knock Brewer because he had such poor skills, but he's a great example of figuring out that you have a thing you can do really well, and trippling down on that thing in order to give yourself a long career in pro sports.

But with Green... we ALL just want him to be pretty good at basketball, and not just a niche guy. I'm excited to see what he comes back as over the Summer break. I think that's when we'll get a much better idea of who he's going to be in 5 or 6 years, and that'll also tell us alot about whether we'll be able to truly compete in 2023, or if the rebuild is going to be much longer.

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

I get it, but Brewer is just an easy to understand example of un-developed basketball skills and intangibles. You're totally right that Green is already more skilled, but it's an example that I think is helpful in understanding the amount of things that need to happen in order to truly give the Rockets a centerpiece in the future. As I noted above, I'm just very interested to see what he comes back as after the Summer more than I am dissecting some highlights here and there from this season. I think that's when we'll really get that glimpse of who he's going to be long term.

5. xaos

xaos Member

By who??

6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Boobythagreat

7. xaos

xaos Member

oh ok

8. MystikArkitect

This is the only time the Rockets are truly dangerous. When Green is downhill with a defender trying to keep up. Instead we stick him in the corner and turn him into PJ Tucker while KPJ pretends to be James Harden when he isn't even Jeremy Lin.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Yet, Jeremy Lin only fans and Jalen Green only fans are about the same.

DD

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  10. dmoneybangbang

Lol. Just stop.

You of all people can’t complain about liking a player(s) too much.

dobro1229 and Verbal Christ like this.
  11. dmoneybangbang

Lol. I laugh knowing how many fan sites you’ve been banned on and how you groveled like a beat dog to get back let on here.

Mathews is a streaky shooter, not Brewer.

BonziWellsGOAT likes this.
  12. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

Not even close…

xaos likes this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Lol as usual you embarrass yourself out of ignorance.

How do you expect me to take you seriously when you don't even know the basic facts about the things you attempt to speak about?

You probably are my favorite lolcow on this site though so by all means, keep it up.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. dmoneybangbang

Then tell us why you got banned from CF!!! Spit it out if you aren’t too scared!

Matthews is a streaky shooter, not Brewer.

15. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Yet mathews is consider a young star by boobythegreat and green one day maybe b a great one way dominant player if he isn't a bust by then

Honestly this poster isn't evaluating players on an equal normal standard. What's funny is this delusional poster actual thinks he's being completely unbias and anyone that calls him out for it is a jalenonlyfan

#1535 DatRocketFan, Jan 17, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
    dmoneybangbang likes this.
  16. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

17. dmoneybangbang

Worse, @Bobbythegreat is a POS in real life who went after another poster’s special needs child and got banned.

18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

With exceptions of course.... You know your take is sht when u get a boobythegreat like

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think everyone knows that I was overly mean to a troll and so I caught a time out for crossing the line with my retaliation. Of course that has nothing to do with what we're talking about here....unless you are worried I'll hurt your feelings too?

Don't worry kiddo, I'll keep it within the lines when slapping you around.

Now back to the topic at hand, you claiming that 38% shooters are "streaky" in a weird attempt to defend a 30% 3 point shooter and a 28% 3 point shooter from being called "streaky"

20. dmoneybangbang

You went after a poster’s special needs child, don’t be a coward about. Tell the folks the truth….

And that’s just on this site….

Brewer was never a shooter. It was a terrible comparison because you went with emotions over logic.

Now you are trying to back peddle. But by all means, you are the only defending the Brewer comparison…

BonziWellsGOAT likes this.