1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen is our best player.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Dec 10, 2021.

1. Salvy

Salvy Member

I never said he was the best player in the world, he is 19.... He is going to be inconsistent, he is going to foul and turn the ball over... I do think he is the best player on The Rockets minus John Wall who is also on his way out... Remove the vets and players who are likely gone this year and you don't really have anyone better than Sengun with the exception of possibly Green....

AroundTheWorld and fattz like this.
  2. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Wood: 23 points and 13 boards in 30 minutes.

This board: "Meaningless stats!"

Sengun: 6 points and 0 boards in 15 minutes.

This board: "A GOAT stat line!"

3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

[​IMG]

crenshaw likes this.
  4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Do you think he'd look better than Green if he played against the opposing team's starters with 30+ minutes?

I honestly don't know.

Between Green and Sengun, I don't know who will end up better. But Green unlike Sengun has been thrown into the hornets nest playing against opposing starters with a lot of minutes testing a rookie's stamina.

5. Houston77

Supporting Member

"Sengun is our best player if you remove all the players on our team that are better than him!"

DaDakota likes this.
  6. Salvy

Salvy Member

23 points for someone who takes nearly every single shot while out on the floor.... Nice try...

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  7. Salvy

Salvy Member

It could go either way, Green is very good... I just feel like Sengun has more to his game right now.. I think Silus is hurting both of them tbh... Both keep getting ignored and both should be the main priority on offense.

Sengun will be a starter by the end of the year or start of nex year, depending on if Silus gets fired...

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Sengun is definitely more polished than Green. I think his main issue right now is stamina.

AroundTheWorld and Salvy like this.
  9. Houston77

Supporting Member

Wood is averaging 13.5 shots a game whereas guys like KAT, etc. average 17+. If anything, he should be taking more shots.

10. Salvy

Salvy Member

Which you would think gets better by gradually increasing his minutes....

fchowd0311 likes this.
  11. PatBev

PatBev Member

You mean Kevin Porter jr

12. Salvy

Salvy Member

LMAO staaaap..... You are choosing the absolute worst player to defend here, its pointless...

13. Houston77

Supporting Member

Aw yes, a very compelling argument. You Sengun Only Fans represent the epitome of logic.

14. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

SOFs? Oh no, here we go!

Houston77 likes this.
  15. Houston77

Supporting Member

SOF it! SOF it now!

16. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I honestly believe sengun is a better team player than wood. The stats might not support my stance, but if u watch the games. I rather have sengun bumble around with smexy passes and post moves rather than watch wood pout, and refuse to play defense.
    Wood hates to set proper picks, grab rebounds or guard big

Man gets the most meaningless 20p pointers games. For folks who btch about harden iso ways and praise wood of all people, is just weird.

Him taking more iso/hero ball shots helps no one.

Salvy likes this.
  17. Houston77

Supporting Member

There’s no such thing as a “meaningless” 20 point game if the TS% is solid like Wood’s has been since moving away from the 2 big man lineup. It’s an absurd argument.

18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

He gets 20 pts game and we still get blown out. U figured a guy who is consistent with the points will lead to more wins. He is not a person I would want to build around. Not all 20 point player r the same, wood is more of the westbrick than the harden type.

Man playstyle doesn't scream out team player.

Salvy likes this.
  19. Houston77

Supporting Member

Nonsense. We simply don’t win without Wood, and he’s not the reason we’re losing. He’s a very good piece of a scattered puzzle. Without Wood, I honestly think this team would be all-time bad.

The Westbrook comparison is poor. Wood’s TS% is consistently above .58% when he is the center. Westbrook struggles to break .5.

20. Salvy

Salvy Member

Its meaningless when you do nothing but score those 20 pts, you keep trying to argue Wood into being productive because he scores points. Literally the only thing Wood is interested in doing. And he is not even close to being an elite just scorer in the NBA either. He does not pass, gets abused on defense, has a $hit attitude, a slim frame and not a single care in the world for anyone around him. He will ignore an open man in the corner to take a bad shot. Sometimes those bad shots go in, its still a bad shot....

The future of The Rockets are Sengun and Green, Wood may not even be here in a month. You are defending a player that will not be here much longer, yet you are trying to say that Rockets fans who actually aren't blinded by points are Sengun only fans? Nah, some of us want the best for The Rockets and so far the highest potential is currently by two Rockets Sengun and Green..... Not fing Wood.... You can follow Wood to whatever team he goes to.... WOF?

slothy420 likes this.