1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden traded to Brooklyn

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jan 13, 2021.

?

Do you like the James Harden trade?

This poll will close on Jan 13, 2026 at 4:17 PM.
  1. YES

32.1%
  2. NO

25.8%
  3. Ask me again in 5 years

38.9%
  4. Abstain

3.2%
  1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

i dont even know why somebody would bump this thread.. for why??? there are only a hand full of people who even mention Harden now. We dont even mention Harden in game threads.

Patience likes this.
  2. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm enjoying shorting the Nets. It's gonna pay off nicely before all is said and done. The last two swaps, and that last pick....insure it. But the Nets are showing all the cracks and fissures associated with a full scale nuclear event right now. Kyrie's out to lunch, Harden's not himself, definitely playing hurt, and KD just keeps on blowin...until one day he breaks down. Our hand ages like wine.

chadyang, Corrosion and ickaruto like this.
  3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I saw Jimi every time he played Houston. It's a miracle that I'm not deaf.

topfive and Plowman like this.
  4. ickaruto

ickaruto Member

It's going to be great when harden declines his PO this summer

BallSoHarden and Corrosion like this.
  5. HardenVolumeOne

you coulda had me fooled, their are 2 threads on the garm that were never locked and would get bumped after every rockets loss lol. The "Ive grown to hate james frauden", and "trade james harden".

also the "no defense" james harden video was posted on youtube by a member of this very site

BallSoHarden and clos4life like this.
  6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I really dont care the amount of criticism Harden got when he was here with the Rockets within the fanbase. There was much MORE praise and defenders of Harden on social media and on this site. We would ride for harden so intensely, people were saying we were the most annoying fanbase.

Harden has his faults but more than 90% of the fans wouldn't have wanted him traded if he still wanted to be a rocket.

those malcontents are usually the most vocal. So you were fooled.

7. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Assuming our cheap ass owner doesn't hinder the current process. I say we aren't doing so bad compared to the other bottom cellar team

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

Shook, u know a lot of people on here still thought the Rockets would be at least decent and then got hit with the harsh reality of a 20 game losing streak. U don’t remember the “put the tanks away, this is a playoff team” thread for example?

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I was part of the no tanks crowd, but I think that was more wishful thinking than a "good riddance, we dont need him" to James Harden.

ALSO, ngl.. I still think the Rockets should be better.

Silas was doing that silly sh*t to start the season.

clos4life and Easy like this.
  10. clos4life

clos4life Member

I question your estimates, at least 25-30% complained about him daily, and that's a conservative estimate.

11. clos4life

clos4life Member

The amount of posters clamoring for "team ball" was astounding. Not surprising, many no longer post on this site anymore now that he is gone and we absolutely blow chunks playing the team ball they asked for. The rest of us who still saw an open window to contention are left to suffer the trash product while hoping we are so bad we can get a top 3 pick again.

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

James Harden was traded to Brooklyn?!??!

13. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Poor Jimmy can't get carried if KD's knee is bad.

Plowman, Salvy and hakeem94 like this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

because 100% people here believe tanking and jalen green will give us championship and we couldnt even do it with harden for gods sake

16. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

4-6 weeks out (MCL)

Hopefully Bucks Sixers and Cavs pass the Nets on the standings? (Heat are irrelevant as they are in the swap too) - still a 20+ pick for this year, but what will it do for the taking of the option?

17. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

For our pick it helps, but wouldn't them being lower in the standings help them in playoffs since Kyrie is only available for away games? I'm thinking of it from the prospective of them not being successful in the playoffs and Harden leaving and the picks that are further out being of greater value.

peleincubus and Dobbizzle like this.
  18. clos4life

clos4life Member

Take the safe thing, which would be a better pick. Can't control what happens in the playoffs. According to many posters, Harden is a playoff choker so it shouldn't be a concern.

19. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I'm pretty sure that's more according to his career playoff history than "many posters." What's more important is that the Nets big 3 implodes ASAP tbh. Harden leaving them is a great thing for the Rockets as it means the future Nets picks will be worth a lot more. Once he's left I wish him all the success, whilst his success is intrinsically tied to our future I want him to fail as much as possible.

20. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

How much do you really think it helps for our pick this year? They will still win games, and currently they are ahead of the Heat, so we might move up 2-3 spots at best?

I am with you - lack of success in the post season is what we want to see from BKN