1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do You Have Any Tattoos?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ima_drummer2k, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Buck Turgidson

"12345"?

You might want to change the password on your luggage.

IBTL likes this.
  2. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I have one tattoo which is dedicated to my mate from the Army who never returned from Afghanistan.

It's not a tattoo for anyone else, and it holds deep significance between the two of us, and for that reason it is on my back. It is big enough to take 8 hours in the chair, however no one I don't want seeing it, knows it is there.

I think there may be a better place than your arm as I believe your reasoning is very similar to mine, and it is for you and not intended to be a conversation starter with anyone you meet who may catch a glimpse and ask you about it.

Sorry for your loss.

Edit: Mine has a verse from a song - so a lot of writing - and I let the artist decide with the font and couldn't be happier.

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I would go more with a symbol of her than a number. Number seems more like a milestone with everything attached.

4. Roscoe Arbuckle

I named my son Derrick. He was literally born on the day the name was retired by Houston. I've always told my son, who is now 23, that I'll do that Tattoo with him. It's up to him. (But I'm getting him a Bronco after graduation so... )

Lol. I'd never make him get a tattoo. But it's the only one I want.

[​IMG]

Jontro likes this.
  5. Roscoe Arbuckle

I'm so sorry. I had zero idea. And my post above was assuming tattoos, rather than reading.

I just posted an anomymous post to hopefully come up with good ideas. I've seen dates on multiple parents lost. I lost my father a few years ago.

I'll post the posts that the girl's give, but I know mine would be be the stupid cactus toy he and I played with prior to my divorce.

Pick a favorite moment. A Toy is a great moment.

6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

$100 if you get it as a tramp stamp.

Nook, Jontro and FrontRunner like this.
  7. IBTL

IBTL Member

I don't have any but I'd like the aten sun god on arm

[​IMG]
    it hurts though right

8. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

I think that'd be a nice way to remember and honor her. I've gotten several tattoos over the years. My first was the Astros open star which I've since added the "earned" for their championship and the team's classic rainbow colors. I've gotten bear paw silhouettes for my two sons and a swirling tiger silhouette for my wife. A HP deathly hallows in watercolor and some background green watercolor work to fill in my other tattoos to make a bit of a sleeve. I'm getting another one in a few weeks too, a trash polka style tattoo incorporating my favorite video games. I only thought I'd get one, but it can be a bit addicting to add more.

I think a nice, classic script font would look good. Definitely search around for highly rated shops and check out the artists Instagram pages to see their work, and I'd find someone that specializes in lettering if possible.

9. Buck Turgidson

I remember when I pierced my ear when I was 16...my dad saw it and said "you take that **** out or I will"

IBTL, Jontro and Deckard like this.
  10. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I have my social security number tattooed on the inside of my asscrack.

Xerobull and Jontro like this.
  11. Newlin

Newlin Member

No. I don’t have anything I want to be permanently etched onto my skin.

However, I have recently spent A LOT of cash on having thing removed FROM my skin. Damn Sun.

Jontro likes this.
  12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I've had 2 basal cell's removed from my face, one small that wasn't a big deal, but another really serious one below one eye. Loads of inner and outer stitches. Took a long time for that one to become a faded angled scar that I probably notice more than others do. Nothing anywhere else that couldn't be frozen and removed that way before it became something more. The wages of age.

At least I had a lot of fun in the sun. The sun tan oil back then was a joke, some of it allegedly designed to give you a "quicker, darker, golden tan." Considering all the skinny dipping we did back in the day, especially out at Paleface, and sun bathing sans clothes, we're lucky not to have anything show up in our more "sensitive" areas. Especially my significant other. She's a fair skinned, green eyed blonde who just soaked up the rays. More than I did, for sure. She's paying for it now with trips to the dermatologist 2-3 times a year. Only two basal cells and not where it's noticeable, thank goodness. At least we have good insurance. We need it.

13. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

No tattoo…yet. I never had any interest in putting something permanent on my body. That was until I had a child. That bond is indescribable and forever. I don’t think you’re crazy for wanting to get a tattoo to have your daughter with you. You’re normal.

Squirtle likes this.
  14. body slam

body slam Member

I have buyers remorse just buying a shirt. Tattoos are a little too permanent for me.

ima_drummer2k inside of the bicep is a not as noticeable place to get one.

Jontro likes this.
  15. Jontro

Jontro Member

having thought about it, i would get it on my left chest. if not on the inside part of my wrist. the wrist is something that can be well hidden with a watch or something but also visible to you for reflection.

however I'd go with just initials.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  16. Buck Turgidson

So only family members know it?

Nook, Jontro and Invisible Fan like this.
  17. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Just my priest, actually.

In all seriousness, if I ever got a tattoo, it would be an image that represents the names of my two kids, morphed together, and I'd probably put it over my left chest. My saggy man boobs make me think twice though.

#37 Two Sandwiches, Jan 15, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
  18. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

19. Buck Turgidson

Is that movie worth watching?

20. Roscoe Arbuckle

Best suggestion I saw was to have it branded. That's what I'd do.

Shaw's is coming back as the best tattoo place in Houston.