1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fired Culley

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DaDakota, Dec 5, 2021.

1. Buck Turgidson

The only people who give a damn about him being fired are people who never really watched him coach a team.

Nook, david_rocket, Caesar and 11 others like this.
  2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Local media hates that they don’t get fed info so just keep that in mind

Nook, Two Sandwiches and TheFreak like this.
  3. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Yep I was thinking this as well. It’s really obvious in McClain’s article for example. It’s like all they can do is shout “Easterby!”.

4. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

McClain consistently downplayed Easterby's involvement in the past. So the fact that he is now reporting about Easterby and Caserio scheming, Mayo being the front runner because of Easterby, etc...is almost a 180 for him.

5. justtxyank

McClain? Do a 180? LMAO NEVER!

My favorite part about his constant 180s is that he will say "As I've said for months now..." lol

6. justtxyank

Brian T Smith literally posted articles less than 24 hours apart. First one called for firing of Culley, second one AFTER THEY FIRED CULLEY criticized Texans for firing Culley. They are worthless.

Nook, mikol13, raining threes and 7 others like this.
  7. Agent94

Agent94 Member

He 180s like .... flipping pancakes. :cool:

No Worries likes this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

That's ****ing hilarious but not surprising

Slyonebluejay and Fantasma Negro like this.
  9. Buck Turgidson

So, would you say he's 'waffling'?

10. Fantasma Negro

Brian is a troll, that's why Billy treated him like a scrub

Nook, Slyonebluejay and justtxyank like this.
  11. justtxyank

To be clear, I'm not defending the Texans organization but the media is just as bad.

12. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

What pisses me off is that when anything relevant happens in Houston football the person the national media always calls is McClain. His sources are usually the random donuts he finds underneath all the empty Pizza Hut boxes in his back seat.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://theathletic.com/3071386/202...ntrol-will-the-next-texans-coach-do-the-same/

14. Major

Major Member

What an absolutely terrible system.

Nook, No Worries, BMoney and 2 others like this.
  15. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

On Tuesday the mid day show on 610 asked if they should make anything out about Texans not coaching the senior bowl. He said "THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING BLARGHAHARRRAHH!!!!!!!"

On Wednesday morning he was asked the same question and said: "oh no doubt!"

Right.

16. STR8Thugg

Yeah, and it was a necessity with how clueless David Culley was at making decisions.

primtim24 likes this.
  17. STR8Thugg

Yeah good try, but this is just a **** perspective.

They hired someone to be a figure head and hold things down for a year or two, and their hope was that he wasn't a complete idiot. Unfortunately he was, and it made sense to pull the trigger after year 1.

Nobody is saying David Culley should be fired because of 4 wins. He should be fired bc he can't even be a competent bridge coach.

Let the Patriots score? "Nah, didn't compute."

Accept the penalty and get another 3rd down attempt? "Nah, **** that, I'm annoyed with this possession. 4th down and punt it."

"We gotta go 3 and out and punt it? We're good!" - Well, you led the league in 3 and outs!

You're 4-13 and had the 32nd ranked offense. Coordinator changes after the season? "Nah, 100% Tim Kelly will be back. I want to run it back, I love all my guys."

And on and on and on...

He was fired because he's incompetent. He's not polished enough at 67 years old to go to the presser and make coherent statements. It was becoming embarrassing, and it was a major freaking issue, and it's why he's gone.

He was never going to be the long-term solution, because last year any semi-qualified candidates had zero interest in this job with the Deshaun situation having absolutely zero clarity, and the cluster**** of a situation that O'Brien and Easterby left the team saddled with.

It makes sense to let him go now, and hopefully, they have a game plan with the new hire. I expect they will because Caserio is a sharp guy, and I trust him. All the other BS in the organization is exactly that. BS. Easterby, all of it. But as long as Caserio is allowed to roll his sleeves up and get to work, I have confidence we will continue to improve.

Xopher and TheFreak like this.
  18. Major

Major Member

These things were all with Caserio in his headset and Easterby standing next to him. Maybe they are all incompetent. This is the the problem with hiring a guy that has no business being a head coach but then not letting him actually do the job you hired him to do - no one has any idea who was responsible for what. If he was this bad that you had to stand next to him and help him out, then you are idiots for hiring him. Or if you helping him out led to these decisions, maybe you also have no idea what you're doing.

Nook, jiggyfly, BMoney and 1 other person like this.
  19. Major

Major Member

People like Frazier and Caldwell interviewed for the job and had no other options - they were desperate for jobs. No reason to interview if you're not interested, so we can assume they'd have taken it, and they qualify as semi-competent. Caserio and Easterby *wanted* Culley, for whatever reason, and chose him over other willing candidates.

20. STR8Thugg

Bienemy interviewed too. You think he would have taken it?