1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Jalen Green Experience is Coming

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Nov 9, 2021.

1. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

This funnily enough is the one thing JOF's cling to in saying he's the better rookie.

2. Downtown Sniper

I legitimately burst out laughing when I read that tweet.

"LOOK LOOK!! OUR SECOND OVERALL PICK IS UBER TALENTED - LOOK AT HIM RUN UP THE COURT WITHOUT THE BALL!!!!!!"

It's hilarious the damage control being done this season to prop up Jalen.

3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

NEWS FLASH: rookies are inconsistent cause they r u know rooks. Only haters like u would sht on our 19 year old and compare him to the likes of brewer.

Ridicule folks for wishing our rookie b one of the greats and here u r doing the opposite.

cbass likes this.
  4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I didn't think he was much of a threat in transition tonight. Sure he was getting down the court but most of the time he wasn't exactly getting to an open passing lane from what I saw.

bj3175 and GotGame15 like this.
  5. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Could have used him on more lobs but the passers didn't look to him

He will be better and so will we

6. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

The Jalen Green experience is … frustrating. Gets 30 points early on then struggles mightily. Gets back after injury looking like a different player, really efficient - then gets back to the inefficient player he was befor. But hey, brightside, now he is going to the FT line more, he is figuring out - well, not anymore. Another brightside, he grabs 8 rebounds, he is working - well not anymore. Well he didn‘t turn the ball over last game…

I know he is young and growing pains are to be expected, but I would have liked to see more developement in kind of a positive trend. Right now he just seems inconsistent in everything he does. I really hope he can find some positive consistency soon…

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hey, Corey was a fun guy for us, always had the biggest of smiles.

Roomba and NewAge like this.
  8. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

It’s one bad game. Chill.

9. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Lmao, I don't mean to break up the entertainment, because watching you guys argue using no logic or data/statistics is absolutely hilarious, but you do realize that Danny Green is 40th in all time 3 pointers made right?

If you're going to totally make up a definition for streaky shooter that nobody else uses, you can't use your classic "well I know basketball, so this right" defense, especially not on a forum with hundreds of fans that also know basketball, lmao.

10. NewAge

NewAge Member

one of the most surprising developments of the season is that the “Bagley experiment” as all of a sudden back ON. won the battle of the #2 picks tonight.

11. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

If we had the 3rd pick we would have also had Jalen Green

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I’m higher than most on Green, but I’ll even admit that the scouting was just terrible with him, and given his skills, playing style, and need to develop as much he does, there’s no way he should have been the #2 pick. He’s someone late lottery or late 1st round pick from a overall draft prospect package.

still I think he’s got the talent to be a starter and maybe an all-star. But the development that’s needed and a competitive fuse that needs to be lit along the way is a pretty big indicator that he went too early in the draft and the scouting sucked on him.

But he’s our guy regardless now and his development is paramount. He needs the development investment that most players never get. Call Tim Grover. Call Hakeem. Call whoever. Because it’s just waaayyy too important that he does not just settle into a Corey Brewer type of skill set. We paid a high price for him. Gotta get more long term.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

John Lucas is a good start but I agree that he needs the legends, the higher basketball power of development.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

When it comes to basketball, they call shooters who do not have an acceptably high average but can occasionally get hot "streaky".....if you shoot a solid average, they just call you good.

I didn't realize how much I'd have to teach you when I started this.

Guys like Corey Brewer and Jalen Green are called "streaky" because despite their 3 point averages overall being unacceptably low, hovering around 30%, there are nights when they can get hot and knock down a ton of them.

That's just what being a "streaky" shooter means. It doesn't mean the guy who is hitting 50% of his 3's.....the guy hitting 50% of his 3's for a career is the greatest 3 point shooter in the history of the game.....because there's literally never been someone do that who has taken a significant number of 3's in their career.

I simply don't have the patience to point out to you why harping on per game season numbers for bench players as a negative is stupid. You'll just have to figure that out for yourself as you get more experience following basketball.

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, it was pretty insane that his examples for "streaky shooters" were Danny Green......a 40% career 3 point shooter, and Ryan Anderson.....a 38% career 3 point shooter.

Apparently a 50% 3 point shooter would also be "streaky" because they miss half of their shots.

It's hard to imagine someone making those arguments if they had followed basketball for more than a month or so.

16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

This tennis match of petty is fun!! Sengun Only Fans staying up late to throw shade at Jalen! Pretty pathetic how far some of you grown men will go in a rage of insecurity.

19 year old kids making you feel all sorts of ways! LOL

17. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

What does this even f**king mean?

Was there a wave of people that joined clutchfans only to sing the praises of Jalen Green. Or are they just people who may feel differently than you.

18. Downtown Sniper

It's pretty self explanatory what it means - I bolded something directly and quoted it. Really isn't rocket science.

No, but there were a whole bunch of people claiming superstar before the dude even dribbled a ball in an NBA uniform. Plenty still to this day claim that, regardless of the copious amount of evidence to the contrary.

GotGame15 likes this.
  19. TimDuncanDonaut

Green had a few nice assists in the game. The team offense wasn't terrible, Rockets ended scoring 114 in the game. The usual bad Rockets categories were not too bad: turnovers: HOU19 to their 14. Team also did better with 81% FT.

Yes if the offense was slightly more crisp, we could have made it a game. It's not a one person thing; if a few more buckets fell for Green (18 shots), KPJ (16 shots), KJ (8) and Garrison (4), landscape would be different. Other NBA teams with established names starting guards also have these type of nights: 1 or 2 / n-shots for 3P%.

Game wasn't a blow-out, but if team did better on defense Rockets might have won the game.

#1399 TimDuncanDonaut, Jan 15, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
  20. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

The scouting was fine though. He's exactly who most scouts expected him to be up to this point.

It's the org's fault for listening to the vocal minority that thought he was the next Kobe. That was clearly a dumb take from the start. There's a reason the better posters on here overwhelmingly wanted Mobley.

Also, he's projected to sell more tickets than anyone else in the draft because of his social media following. Hell based on that Tilman may have drafted him with the first pick.

Milos and Bobbythegreat like this.