1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Kings 1/14/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Tate is consistent but always out of position on defense HE NEVER stays with his man because he's too busy over helping someone elses man. So I am torn because the rest of the team does it too. Are they telling him to help that much? Dont they see the open shots.

2. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

He has really regressed.

don grahamleone likes this.
  3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You want me to be the coach? Fine. I'LL BE THE FREAKING COACH!!!

[​IMG]

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Win or lose consecutively.

The Kings are hardly a good team to mull things over for.

Couple days spent in Sacramento.

DeBeards likes this.
  5. TimDuncanDonaut

Sengun defense (without fouling) - TDD cut

Tfor3, DeBeards and Plowman like this.
  6. juanming

juanming Member

They didn't carrot juice for hydration. When we beat the Spurs this week my friend that works at whole foods told me theres not many in other states thats why we beat the Spurs on the road since there is a store in San Antonio. They probably had a healthy lunch together that day at the store and had carrot juice. Or they ate at Nikos Nikos before the flight and had carrot juice with their Grecian food.

There's no nice Greek restaurants or whole foods in Sacramento so expect another loss Sunday.

As for as home games and why we lose also. Simple explanation ,they are burned out on Grecian food and organic salads. Big mistake. No no no no u have to hydrate every day before games otherwise it's a guaranteed loss.

Me, I don't drink that healthy juice anymore. I don't play basketball, so, my preference is beer. Or margaritas at a five star restaurant and I hustle my date to pay for my drinks otherwise no happy happy after the date.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  7. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Matthews is slumping because we got guys who don't set screens and who have super glue on their hands when its time to pass and Vaseline when its time to dribble and shoot

Patience and Joe Rocket like this.
  8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

It's so blatantly obvious Silas is bad head coach. He doesn't carry lessons from game to game so he's not learning. It took Twitter fan outrage for him to end the double big line up that was killing spacing. And again it Twitter fan outrage for him to start staggering KPJ and Green. Why are fans having to coach this team for him? His system is non-existent and he has no command. Body language is worst I've ever seen out of a coach. Stone is perceptive enough to know that he's not cut out for this, right?

9. TimDuncanDonaut

10. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

11. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Glad to see Sengun back

Nice fake comeback

DeBeards likes this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

14 minutes.

DeBeards likes this.
  13. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

[​IMG]

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

fell asleep and missed most of the game…final score doesn’t look as bad as I thought it would be

ElPigto likes this.
  15. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

It was bad though. Rockets got down 20 at some point and then made a fake 4th quarter comebacks.

Reeko likes this.
  16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Its like KJ, Josh, and Gary forgot to play with Al P. DJ was the only one attempting to play off him. I don't know how you lose chemistry that quickly, especially KJ since he would score easily playing off Al P.

hakeem94, DeBeards and GotGame15 like this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

the ability of this team to go down by 20 is unprecedented

18. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

The Rockets need more of a paint presence. When they win the paint, they tend to win the game

19. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I knew losing Harden would be bad, but never did I imagine it would be this bad.

Reeko likes this.
  20. j@amc

j@amc Member

Hopefully, the front office will give this group a swift kick soon. Everyone except superstars can be moved, and clearly, since we can't stay with the Kings, we don't have one of those. For the right price, anyone can be on the chopping block. Many of these young players are very likable, but they don't fit together. This roster, as constructed, has no business attempting forty-three 3s in a game. If that is the front office's vision of who they want to be, let's move some players.

People keep calling for an end to the KPJ and Green experiment. I don't see that happening, especially after Iko's piece in The Athletic. When that pair is shooting such a low percentage from the perimeter and you add Tate to the court, you have even less shooting potential. Tate's value may never be higher than it is right now. I can't see how those 3 players can stay together.

On Gary Mathews. Everyone please, let's go ahead and retire the Bird nickname. That was fun while it lasted, but it's obviously too much pressure for him. Mathews hasn't been the same since he earned his contract. For that matter, Brooks hasn't been the same since Mathews got paid.

Ankara1923 likes this.