1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. loses temper, leaves Toyota Center during 2nd half

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jan 1, 2022.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

DD was all over the place with those goalposts.

burlesk and daywalker02 like this.
  2. TimDuncanDonaut

Kris Gardner: "...Fair enough, I have yet to get all the details, all the dish on what happened Saturday. So I know what was (in) reported. I know a colleague who contacted me and what they were told, said it was worse than what was reported. but if that were true then one game suspension if that's enough..."

Then the panel give opinions should be case by case basis, not a number strike.

-------------------------------------

The insinuation is that the situation was actually worse.

I've no doubt Rockets as a org want to move on (and maybe internally have already). Rocket org is doing what they can to save face. Maybe the real details won't see the light of day. The reported news was played down, not the opposite where lockeroom things got overblown.

Honestly, not sure I want to know the severity of the details. But if KPJ was a stock, careful on being all-in, he's a wait-and-see.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bookmarked the end they talked a little bit about KPJ.

Jan 7th stream.

#962 TimDuncanDonaut, Jan 8, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2022
  3. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Why not both? Trade KPJ and fire Silas.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I don't know how context gets so lost when you guys read, it is like you are reading my words but putting in your own Narrative.

1. The coaches are weak - this type of thing happens more often when there is weak leadership - we have weak leadership at the coaching level and none on the team.
    2. I don't think the Lucas should be the one calling out the team, it should be Silas - and I said that Lucas' past undermines his credibility.
    3. I do defend KPJ - think he is a good risk/reward player, and he is making some huge strides as a PG, but I get triggered reading all the Jeremy Lin/Jalen Green only fans talking non-stop about how KPJ is ignoring Green, not smart enough to realize that they both play with the ball in their hands, neither is that good at cutting or playing off the ball - and it will take time to develop that chemistry. KPJ is the best option at PG for this team.

DD

harold bingo likes this.
  5. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

You do realise I was literally posting saying that you were consistent when a poster was saying you're flip-flopping, right?

6. DaDakota

No, because sometimes I am an idiot.

:)

Sorry.

DD

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

@J.R. is the accountant of most things here, so he would have the transcripts, just too lazy to rummage through them.

Me and DD are cool, it is just non serious forth and back.

burlesk, Dobbizzle and DaDakota like this.
  8. DaDakota

I see JR either on his phone all day checking every tweet and keeping CF open to post it, or at his home office, with a side window and the same.

The man is a beast with being ------ FIRST !!

CF is better because of it.

DD

9. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

Who the heck said anything about bipolar you are just speculating geez

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

the only way it could’ve been worse is if he actually tried to put hands on the coaching staff in addition to throwing something which would make the 1 game suspension an even bigger joke than it already was

Idk who any of the guys in that video are, so I gotta take their speculation with a mountain of salt

jiggyfly likes this.
  11. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I’m hoping we ship kpj off as part of a deadline package. But to the extent we don’t trade him, I hope he starts coming off the bench in favor of giving Christopher a real shot to see if he can play starters minutes at the 1.

12. DaDakota

I am hoping KPJ continues to develop and gets comfortable and is able to run the offense well.

DD

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

When I see this thread...

What has he done now?

FrontRunner and jiggyfly like this.
  14. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I know, it's extraordinary that KPJ is still employed by this team. The fact that he has a spotty track record (discarded by his college team & was given away after about a year by one NBA team for bad behavior), can play so inconsistently, act a complete DONKEY on a team that's not going anywhere and keep his job speaks volumes regarding Rockets management. It's amazing really.

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Why should anyone care what these guys INSINUATION is?

They are talking about something 3rd hand but yet we should give weight to what they think should have happened.

Who the *** are these guys?

16. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I’m hoping pigs fly out of my ass so I can become a tik tok star ;)

FrontRunner likes this.
  17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

They're probably reading our comments asking why we think anybody cares what we think about basketball. lol. :D I know nobody cares for my opinion, but I'd trust Kris Gardner's reporting more than "BigDooky49515"'s opinion on a forum or Twitter. lol.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  18. dmoneybangbang

There's certainly a threshold for allowable behavior, and KPJ might be a "habitual line crosser", but he's on an extremely cheap contract and we are pretty much at bedrock in terms of overall team development.

Move him at the deadline, but it's also not the worse thing to finish the season with him (assuming he keeps it together). Concisely... we are in a position to take these risks.

19. TimDuncanDonaut

The main guy is Kris Gardner. The other three are people who work for him or contributors. They cover college Univ of Hou ball and Rockets. Kris has media credential with the Rockets. The off-game day interviews is him (or his people) at Rocket practices with the camera and microphone. The post game interviews we (me or Dr Dunk) post are from his channel.

He's been covering Rockets a long while. Nearly three decades. He's also been at Rocket practices (including post Harden era). Knows John Lucas personally. Also tight with Iko, Feigan and rest of Rockets local media beat writer circle.

As far as throwing yea, lol might be something 'extra extra'.

#979 TimDuncanDonaut, Jan 14, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
    xtruroyaltyx, Reeko and FrontRunner like this.
  20. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think the Rockets have to downplay it in order to move him. They may have something brewing that they don’t want to mess up. It’s hard to imagine any team putting up with that from a player with his track record on a $1.5m salary. Most teams would have cut him and never looked back. The Rockets are in a weird place. I’m not going to call it weakness just yet. If they are able to move him before the deadline, downplaying it will have been a shrewd move.

Believe It! likes this.