1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden's Brooklyn Nets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jerryclark, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

AD would have zero rings if not for Lebron…he probably still wouldn’t have even made the playoffs since 2018 without Lebron

Kyrie would be ringless…same with Kevin Love

Kyrie and Love were lottery bound every year before Bron

Lebron makes guys champions…there’s no making somebody like Russell Westbrook better

Roomba, BallSoHarden, Salvy and 4 others like this.
  2. Major

Major Member

Except, of course, the 4 championships he's won with 3 different teams. There's lots of things to complain about with Lebron, but his ability to make players around him better and win shouldn't be in question at this point. All of his key help throughout his career except Dwayne Wade were good talent who never could get close to winning (or even making the playoffs) without him - Bosh, Irving, Love, and AD. His presence is what turned them from good-stats guys to contributors to championship type teams.

I don't think Lebron has complained about a lack of help since his original days in Cleveland.

jiggyfly and ElPigto like this.
  3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Brought the receipts again for your @Reeko

Golden State Warriors since Thanksgiving:

23 games played
    Wins: 14
    Losses: 9
    Winning %: 60.9

Steph Curry's stats since Thanksgiving:

FG%: 38.8%
    3PT%: 35%
    PPG: 25
    APG: 5.5
    ToPG: 3.57

francis 4 prez, jiggyfly and Reeko like this.
  4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Didn't watch the game but Harden must've popped off against the worst team in the NBA

RKREBORN likes this.
  5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Didn't the Warriors have a soft ass schedule to start the season? I guess they are just regressing to the mean?

steddinotayto likes this.
  6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

They went 16-2 before Thanksgiving with 10 of those wins against teams that are currently .500 or worse.

ElPigto likes this.
  7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Speak that truth.

I have been an ardent supporter of LeBron but I am even looking at him side eye for picking up Westbrook, did LeBron think he had Jesus level powers.

It's sad because that one move is going to tarnish his legacy so bad.

And him hitching his Wagon to AD is not looking so great either, just think what he and Harden could have done in Houston over the same time period.:(

Yeah, he got way over his skis with the Lakers move, at least he got the one ring, but that is even tarnished by the bubble.

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

I don’t think Lebron’s legacy will get tarnished much at all…Westbrook’s is taking a major hit tho

lately it even looks like Lebron is getting some sympathy because he’s playing so well at age 37 but has to play with such an anchor in Westbrook even tho he’s the main reason Russ is there

between all the triple doubles, scowling, mean mugs, rockin the baby, etc Russ became the ultimate catfish…players think he’s 1 of the best in the game and then find out quickly how bad he is once he joins the team

the amount of current and former players who have said that Russ is their favorite player to watch or 1 of the few guys they’d pay money to go see is astounding…he’s been unwatchable for so long with his low skill level and bombardment of bricks

Bron and Harden would’ve 3 peated easy…then u have CP3 there making it an unfair dynasty

9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I guess tarnished is relative to the conversation, I think his career is just as great as Jordan's and I would pick LeBron to start a team over Jordan, so that's the tarnished Legacy I am talking about, the entire 6 rings narrative.

I would have done things differently but nothing wrong with swinging for the fences, I think he has tried too hard to be like Mike even with his legacy outside of basketball, but hey got to respect the ambition.

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

I have Bron solidly as the 2nd greatest player of all-time, and the most influential player off the court when it comes to player empowerment…probably won’t win another ring, but if he can become the leading scorer in NBA history, that would be a pretty big bump for his legacy

if he ever won a ring with Westbrook, he would be the undisputed GOAT, and there should be no debate…MJ never did anything like beating a 73 win team down 3-1 and win a title with an anchor like Russ

it’s crazy that Bron could be 40 in year 22, and I could still see him averaging at least 24, 5, and 5

11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I am more A AA with Jordan and LeBron, I think LeBron has done more with less and has impacted those teams more in all facets than Jordan, his play making ability is what sets him apart for me.

I also think his longevity should also push him up a notch, Jordan did not dominate as long as LeBron has.

Rocket River and Reeko like this.
  12. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Tuned in. As expected, Harden with the choke job.

13. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

if you would have said halfway through this season that harden, steph, and luka would all have a PER under 22, that would have seemed utterly impossible. fairly unbelievable for harden and curry, but at least they are older. 22 year old luka having this bad of a year is crazy.

14. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

being a fan of harden and lebron and watching them each waste a year of their prime (maybe more for lebron) thinking russell westbrook knew how to play basketball has been infuriating. lebron literally played a series against westbrook in 2020 where the lakers strategy was "leave westbrook wide open because he can't play basketball" and he still somehow thought it was a good idea!!

lebron just needs to focus on racking up pts/reb/ast (kind of like westbrook) for legacy/milestone purposes because this season is a lost cause.

GotGame15 and JumpMan like this.
  15. riko

riko Member

Since his covid return averaging 27-11-8 on 45 percent shooting. Just killing it

GotGame15 and peleincubus like this.
  16. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

KD getting an MRI tomorrow, and it looks like Harden is still needing to play heavy minutes and do everything. When he was in Houston he had to play a lot of minutes to win, in Brooklyn he is having to play heavy minutes because they don't have enough players with Covid protocol. He just had to play 40 minutes for a home game against the Pelicans to win. When he left Houston, he said at a press conference in Brooklyn that he was having to do a lot in Houston and that was the reason he left ....well this is the same thing when you have Kyrie in and out of the lineup, KD is not going to play more than 70% of the games either. Since joining the Nets he has played in 56% of the regular season games. The second most reliable player for Nets is now Patty Mills. The probability of him signing elsewhere in 2023 is increasing by the day.

I wonder if they are better off dropping in the seeding to not have home court advantage so that Kyrie can play.

#7556 BallSoHarden, Jan 15, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
    ElPigto likes this.
  17. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Caruso. Im sure you remember the Rockets/Lakers series not too long ago

18. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Naw man of course you would be closer to winning when you are on a super team. That even applies to LeBron himself. He doesn't need to complain, if you watch his game, his body language constantly shows it.

He plays his own system everywhere he goes, recruits other star players, force them to adjust to fit into his game, often turning them into a worse version of themselves with just a couple of specific things for you to do.

When people say he made players better, I honestly don't know who you referring to. Players like Jordan Clarkson, Montrez Harrell and many others were solid players before they played with LeBron. When they played with LeBron they were seen as worthless trash. Some of them recovered later on other teams, some of them never did. And of course if the team do well, it's cause LeBron, when they underperform, it's other players' fault. Idk how much winning actually adds to LeBrons teamates legacies, many of them were just gon be remembered as the guys Bron carried or couldn't carry.

At this point you bring another star player to the Lakers you pretty much know he will underperform.

JumpMan likes this.
  19. vator

vator Contributing Member

20. hakeemthagreat

How many rings would Lebron have without AD? The Lakers didn't make the postseason until he AD got there. The Cavs roster was trash before Lebron got there, from top to bottom, how is Lebron the sole reason they won? Also on that championship team it was KYRIE that saved them in the finals when it counted. Kyrie lead the league in 4th quarter points but Lebron made him better?

Bottom line, for a so called goat, you guys give Lebron more excuses than ANY other superstar. If he's the best the Lakers wouldn't suck like that. Kobe took a Lakers team with Kwame & Smush Parker to the postseason. Lebron can't do this with Russ???

JumpMan likes this.