1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen is our best player.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Dec 10, 2021.

1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Maybe he has half of the forum on "ignore" and can't see the posts lol

2. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Hahaha. Remember when Green was going to be ROY.

Remember when Green was the most NBA ready rookie.

Remember when Green was a franchise changing player.

It's not hard to be playing 'fine' when no one has expectations anymore because you've been so underwhelming.

You're right. Green is playing absolutely fine for what he is.

You obviously haven't grasped the fact so many have such strong feelings towards Sengun's play, because they're seeing in him the things they were promised in Green.

Clank. Brick. Turnover. Brick. Airball. Turnover. Made 3. Made 3. Insert superstar comment here. Backboard. Brick. Turnover. Clank. Airball. Made layup. Shows a good play on the break.

Insert about 10 terrible defensive plays mixed in between. Take all that and you know what you have? A Jalen Green special.

Haha. This is too easy champ.

3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

You're projecting again.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Has Green hurt you?

When I say Green is a "generational talent" how mad does that make you?

#684 DreamShook, Jan 14, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
    slothy420 likes this.
  5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Just because Sengun fans are saying Sengun will be MVP or ROY doesn't mean they are sh*tting on Green IMO.

KPJ fans vs Jalen Green fans are more vitriolic toward one another. Segun fans just like their guy, but I haven't seen them bring down Jalen Green to do it.

I could be wrong though. I like all the young guys and want them to do well.

6. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

And just to be clear Sengun fans is not equal to @hakeem94 :).

There are a few other fans who have stronger takes on Sengun but other than that the general feel is far from mvp of the future, ROY etc.

There is actually real dislike directed towards Wood and Silas among Sengun fans.

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Yeah, whoever you are a fan of, Silas and Wood are the ones that are making your favorite player worse in some way for no reason.

Ankara1923 and AlperenSengun like this.
  8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Its a fairly turbulent relationship with our rookies. I think they all have bright futures and while Im not ready to say Sengun is some generational talent yet, I do share some of the enthusiasm for his game. I think KPJ/Jalen fans are almost one in the same. I dont seem to notice the disconnect as much as those who want to prop up Sengun at the expense of another rook or going the extra mile to blame the coach or the teammates for Senguns struggles.

They all need time - I firmly believe that Stones 2021 class will be vital to winning basketball games. I try to avoid calling out contributors specifically, but maybe I need to start attaching some @'s to my thoughts.

DreamShook likes this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Why is this thread looking like the final skirmishes of the Civil War?

jacoby, TEXNIFICENT and DreamShook like this.
  10. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

HAARRRSSHHH... but true.

GotGame15 likes this.
  11. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

That's how you know a team sucks when you're arguing who's playing the worst on your own team! LMAO. Man, I hope Stone and the Rockets can rebuild this thing quick so we can get back to blaming one guy for losing in the WCF again. SHEESH!

Reeko likes this.
  12. Milos

Milos Member

Fixed it

Mutiny and gross incompetence will do that to a fan base
    For me, neither has anything to do with Sengun or Green
    They are the future of our team, for better or worse
    I fully support both while strongly disliking the former pair

Why must these notions be paradoxical or interconnected?

#692 Milos, Jan 14, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
    aaquaa and Ankara1923 like this.
  13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Heck, plowing through the back and forth about this subject in multiple threads, for months, and by many of the same fans of one player or another, who could blame @AroundTheWorld for doing some serious skimming? There are times that I do and I've been retired for years. Time is not an issue for me. Interest is. Besides, to the best of my knowledge he's living in Germany. God knows what he's doing there. Having more fun than I am, more than likely.

juanming likes this.
  14. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

The difference between Sengun fans and JGreen fans is each camp believes that their favourite player is #1 and the other one is #2, both very good players, future of Rockets. It is very healthy approach as jury is still out for deciding which player is the best.

As one famous Turkish street philosopher said : "Herkesin hayatina kimse karisamaz, eyyorlamam bu kadar" ( no one can decide for other people life, that's the end of trolling)

aaquaa likes this.
  15. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

It doesn't make me mad, it makes me laugh.

See my sig. The only reason it 'hurts' me is because it brings down the quality of Clutchfans.

It's ok though, you go on the ignore and I don't see your stupidity anymore though.

Jumps high. That's the criteria for generational talent hahaha. Guess you were wrong about stromile swift being a generational talent. Guess you were wrong about 'insert hundreds of uber-athletic players who didn't amount to anything close to being a generational talent'

GotGame15 likes this.
  16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I think Jalen Green is good at basketball..

[​IMG]

slothy420, Zen Tabak and Dobbizzle like this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Who wants to sex Mutombo Sengun?

slothy420, DJ, plegus and 3 others like this.
  18. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

The jock riding Sengun gets on this forum is really strange.

You’d think he was an MVP candidate, y’all need to calm down. He isn’t even the third best player on this team.

19. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

No different than Green. Both super talented young players that are the future of this team.
    You might not like it but that’s facts

AroundTheWorld and Ankara1923 like this.
  20. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

He's the anti-Christian Wood in that he does so many little things right on the court that won't show up on the box score sheet, and he's only 19. He easily has the highest basketball IQ on this team, and likely among all rookies.

Sengun + Green will be a very interesting core that the Rockets could build off of.