1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is the best Eric Gordon trade proposal you can come up with?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 20, 2021.

1. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

MAYBE.....he cannot shoot he is a volume shooter. He does not like defense

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

not exactly a contending team so I don’t think Houston does this, but the compensation seems in the ball park

saleem likes this.
  4. dmoneybangbang

Gordon + Theis for Steven Adams (1 yr left) + Kyle Anderson (expiring) + highly protected late FRP.

Rockets clear up some cap space and both players somewhat fit the roster. Adams is a better defender, rebounder, screener, and finisher than Theis plus a shorter contact and Anderson is a competent wing starter. I doubt we'd resign Anderson, but at the right price we would.

Grizzlies can feature JJJ more with Theis as a backup or starter in spurts. EG is another creator and shooter that offers them some thicc defense. Dillon Brooks and Bane are up and coming wings and combo guard, respectively, but Gordon is a proven playoff scorer and defender. Also EG's and Theis's contracts aren't fully guaranteed after the 2022 season, which is when Brooks and Bane are up.

Le$$ and Joe Rocket like this.
  5. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not sure why the pick would be highly protected. Should be no protection at all. Grizzlies get a player that can help their playoff push in exchange for a pick it the 25 range. That’s the price a win-now team should expect to pay. I’d actually like a little higher pick , but it’s probably adequate.

6. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

7. Xopher

Xopher Member

4 firsts and 4 pick swaps...oh wait.

8. theDude

Supporting Member

I assume there is a FRP coming our way as well.

Also, ESPN seems to think Gordon has a WARP level somewhere around 20. Seems like we should be getting more for him.

jcmoon and burlesk like this.
  9. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

I'll take the cap space any day!

theDude likes this.
  10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Kuminga and Wiggins for Wood and Gordon?

csnerd84 likes this.
  11. csnerd84

csnerd84 Member

I would do it in heartbeat. Would GS do it? I doubt they would...

12. theDude

Supporting Member

I like it, too, but Cavs are in a desperate situation to keep their season going. I think you could leverage them for a little more than just cap space.

Out of curiosity, is there anyone you have your eye on with this newfound cap space? I'd like to see it used to sign someone like Jalen Brunson or Derrick Jones.

ElPigto likes this.
  13. dmoneybangbang

I doubt the Grizz are going to make it unprotected even though the 3 FRP they own this year are from the LAL, Utah, and their own. EG is playing well and is health now but he is still a 33 year old combo guard with a history of soft tissue injuries.

I'd love to be wrong and we got the highest out of the LAL/UTA/MEM, but I like the overall deal.

14. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Bro that would make the summer of 25 a nightmare. If Kuminga blows up and Senguin get 36 minutes a night and gives us 18 and 10, we could be looking at handing out 3 near max contracts that offseason, plus whatever Christopher and Garuba get. 5 of the top 24 picks in the same season would be nuts. Then another max the next season hopefully for Holmgren, Banchero, Smith, etc.. plus whoever we get for Miami or Brooklyns pick.

I think the Rockets are sellers for active talent and buyers for picks. I think it's unlikely the Rockets bring in any new pieces to develop. If they do, likely a reclamation project that they will restore value in ala CP3 on the Thunder. I'm overvaluing our end of the bench players out of homerism, but our rotations are pretty deep right now as is.

Corrosion likes this.
  15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

If we don't want to keep them we can trade some of them. I'll take that "nightmare" 25 any day of the week.

theDude, Trackwell and withmustard like this.
  16. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

7 top 25 picks in 2 years means we see players not get the minutes they need to showcase their true value, which is the case right now with the 4 we have. Teams will poach us if they know we have to trade players. There is nothing wrong with your take, multiple ways to skin a cat.

Deckard likes this.
  17. Aruba77

i hope there’s a possibility to get Kuminga, but we’d have to include a future pick in addition to Gordon. GS doesn’t actually have to make this move; depends on how highly they value prospects like Mooney and Kuminga. But if we have a high grade on Kuminga we need to be aggressive. We need another potential franchise piece for our rebuild. I wouldn’t have interest in Wiggins and don’t think he’d be available.

#217 Aruba77, Jan 13, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
  18. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

Warriors are showing kinks in their armor…

19. Aruba77

Houston trades Gordon to Phoenix reuniting Gordon and Paul, together with Booker, forming the best 3-way back court since Harden Gordon and Paul:

Eric Gordon and DJ Augustine for Jalen Smith, Payne and protected 1st

jayydela, joshuaao, ElPigto and 3 others like this.
  20. bj3175

bj3175 Member

thats actually a good fair deal that makes sense but the money may not work

ElPigto and Corrosion like this.