1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why is Miami even an option for us????

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Because morey was not the topic. You chose to focus on a minor part of my discussion which was about Herro not morey lol. Focus on the topic. There’s nothing to correct. Morey’s history is to make a splash with big name players, poor draft picks, gambling on trading on draft night, and buying low on vets. This is his history. I haven’t read anything concrete that Morey wasn’t complicit in the westbrook deal. There’s simply no facts on that. Just a couple statements from fertita that he wanted the deal done and mcmahon of espn saying harden wanted it. Mcmahon also stated that he believed not know but he believes Morey didn’t support the trade. So what you are stating as fact is a few quoted and a writer’s opinion. How do we know Morey wasn’t pleasing harden? Or both of them were appeasing him? What we do know is morey’s history. But again i digress. topic isn’t about Morey lol. And relax no one is attacking you no one is attacking you no one is attacking you lololol

2. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

please read before getting worked up judgemental then sounding foolish. My point was about timelines, finances and the future. I stated my point already which you have neglected a great deal of what I actually said and focused on whatever insignificant bit of the discussion. You are really judgemental btw. I only responded to discuss and didn’t judge you until you got worked up and argumentative.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

it doesn't matter if its minor or major. It was in your post. I can correct it if i want to. you haven't read anything. clearly that's because you don't keep up enough being so far behind

such old news. meanwhile tilman goes on live to admit he forced the move just so he could pat himself on his back. Yet that backfired bc it was the dumbest move in rockets history. like i said you're just years behind.

#303 YOLO, Jan 13, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

the only person that sounds foolish is you posting a bunch of nonsense that needs to be corrected. You actually just said a 21 year old kid doesn't fit the rockets timeline. that's just pure stupidity

5. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

wow I remember you never were bright. Same person that argues everything. Lol when did i say harden issued an ultimatum or was that your word? I think I know what it is now. Your thoughts in your head isn’t whats in reality lol

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

things you say when you have nothing left. perfect example. go catch up with rockets history before posting

7. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

not bright. Lol hey well you go live your life to the fullest. Be well.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

says someone who thinks a 21 year old kid doesn't fit a rebuilding team's timeline

9. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

this is why you aren’t bright

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

actually it shows how dumb you are but your posts are typically that way anyway

11. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

You are telling on yourself. But really you should re evaluate the way you go about discussions and how you perceive things. Maybe less judgement and getting in your feelings would help.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

i don't need to do anything, especially at your request

13. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

lol ok

14. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I think yourself and posters think timeline equals age, it doesn't. Of course a 21 year old isn't too old for a rebuilding team, I don't think anyone is arguing that. I believe his point is that by the time the Rockets hope to be back in the playoffs in 3 or 4 years(I know you disagree) Herro's team friendly rookie contract will have came and went, then we're essentially paying market price for a free agent, restricted or not. In addition, Herro would have helped us win games last year and this year. You can most likely say goodbye to Green and our chances of a top 3 pick in 2022, had we been playing with Herro these last two seasons.

Many posters myself included would rather have Green and stud from 22, and all of Brooklyns picks forever, instead of watching Herro play on a losing team a few seasons and then paid like superstar.

Stephen_A likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

Nope. You have a high ceiling player like Herro and have 2 years plus rfa to evaluate him. That’s how you start building a team. And with his trajectory you find a guy like that you are starting off on the right side. His rookie contract doesn’t matter. Nobody is commanding some huge salary and multiple ones at that to even be worried about team salary.

And yea timeline has everything to do with age when you’re rebuilding from scratch. You’re not at contender status nor will you be anytime soon. That’s why wood makes no sense on this team

This team would still be the worst team in the league with herro. Most of y’all said he had a shitty year a season ago. You cant say he had a shitty year and then believe he makes the rockets good enough to not get green or a top pick

#315 YOLO, Jan 13, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
    DatRocketFan and Reeko like this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

Herro means “goodbye to Jalen Green?”…seriously, c’mon

Rockets were historically awful last year (they’re historically awful this year too outside of the fake and random 7 game win streak)…the only type of player that would make a meaningful difference in the win column last year or this year is a legit superstar

YOLO likes this.
  17. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

If we did the Heats trade instead, probably wouldn't have the assets for Sengun, and do we still draft green?

withmustard likes this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

sengun was acquired by the wizards/detroit first round picks that they owed the rockets, which herro isn't stopping that

Reeko likes this.
  19. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

There isn't anything to Herro's game right now that would imply he would be a franchise cornerstone, or the 2nd/3rd best player on a championship contender.

He is a 21/5/4 player on 43/38/87 shooting, seems to be okay on paper. However:
    1. He is attempting 18 shots per game, by far the highest on the Heat, but scoring only 21 points. That is a subpar efficiency of 53 TS%. He has taken 5 more shot attempts per game than last season, and is scoring only 5 more points.
    2. His TS% has trended down every season, from TS 55%, to TS 54%, to TS 53%. For comparison, when the Rockets picked up Harden, everyone initially thought he was going to be a high ceiling 1B player to the 1A (of what would eventually be Dwight Howard). Harden at the time had upward trending scoring efficiency, from TS 55% to TS 60% to TS 66%.
    3. For a 2nd seeded team in the East, he has 9th most win shares on his team, negative BPM (9th on his team) and only 7th in VORP. For comparison, Harden in his 3rd year with OKC (same age and experience as Herro now) had the 2nd highest win shares on his team, 2nd highest VORP and 2nd highest BPM.
    This isn't to say he is a bad player or that he can't get better, but he is the exact type of player that a team like the Rockets shouldn't commit to because he eats up most of your team's shots and usage (your rookies will not develop much with him around). He has a USG% of 30, that's higher than James Harden with the Nets.

Stephen_A likes this.
  20. YOLO

YOLO Member

There's plenty of herro's game that shows he can be a key player on a championship contendor. He already showed that in year 1 when the heat went to the finals

His usage is so high because hes been the one constant on the heat team this year. Bam has been hurt the entire year. Butler has missed half the games. lowry hasnt exactly played well

so herro has to be compared to harden now. if that's what it takes then that's actually a compliment to him. when you use harden to compare herro, that's all anyone needs to know when you're using one of the best players in the game

#320 YOLO, Jan 14, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2022