1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why is Miami even an option for us????

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Dec 19, 2020.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

you read local media and talk to heat fans? omg. no way!!

any of them know herro personally? no ok. next

I read local media in houston and talk to rockets fans. And there's still plenty of folks who don't know anything about the rockets

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

yeah, they were definitely worried that Herro was about to party himself out the league after averaging 15, 5, and 3 on 44/36/80 in his 2nd year…uh huh, sure man, sure

the fact that you’re still trying to double down on that nonsense statement is funny

YOLO likes this.
  3. NewAge

NewAge Member

right, there was an elaborate conspiracy to make-up stories about Herro to throw the out-of-town NewAge off. Thanks for spotting it up. Pathetic dumbazz

4. Milos

Milos Member

Remember when Bill Simmons was leading the mob of angry Celtics fans who were irate with Ainge for giving away Pierce and Garnett for nothing?

He only got 3 firsts and a swap, while supposedly vaulting Brooklyn to immediate contenders

3 of those picks became:
    - Jaylen Brown
    - Jayson Tatum
    - centerpiece of trade for Kyrie Irving

Throw in the astute FA signings of Horford and Hayward, and I thought that C's team was poised to become the dominant East team for the next 5+ years

Obviously things didn't work out as planned, but Tatum and Brown alone made that trade a home run
    That result surpassed even Ainge's most optimistic expectations, but he only had 4 total swings

After seeing the exciting promise of his first 4 picks in this rookie class, I have high hopes for what Stone can add with the 8 from the Nets

#284 Milos, Jan 13, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

more nonsense that means nothing.

6. NewAge

NewAge Member

It;s the regression from the playoffs in the rookie year that worried people. I told use Google, man. Google the word "trend", you’ll learn something

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

lmao, still trying to double down…oh boy

google the word “bullsh*t”…you’ll learn that that’s what you’re spouting on here

Herro was on his way out the league, that was the worry…lmao, what absolute nonsense

8. NewAge

NewAge Member

OK, it’s embarrassing that I have to explain it, but it means that nobody would make elaborate stories about Herro party-ing just to throw me off

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

why would anyone want to throw you off? you're not relevant. like who cares

it's embarrassing what you have been posting yourself. you're right about that

10. NewAge

NewAge Member

Bingo!

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

Herro is a scrub according to a good amount of CF's "experts" on this board

Reeko likes this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

a scrub, or they’d do lazy sh*t and try to compare him to non-athletic, low skill white guy shooters like Korver

now it’s “he was about to party his way out of the league” :rolleyes::rolleyes:

YOLO likes this.
  13. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I am simply going by Morey’s trend of acquiring major star power and executing trades to win now while drafting poorly, which has both helped and hurt houston. I was illustrating this fact with CP3 trade. What evidence do you have of fertita forcing morey to make that trade and morey not having any input in it? According to Morey’s history it lines up with his philosophy of star power and win now.

#293 Stephen_A, Jan 13, 2022
  14. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I agree with what you are saying. When I say coaching I am more talking about schemes and positioning. Rockets made Tucker valuable by breaking down his role to his strength, capella more valuable by making him a pick and roll finisher, and elevated harden by putting him in the pg role. They still have to Excel in the position but coaching can put the player in a position that maximizes their potential.

Stephen_A likes this.
  15. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

fancy foot work and flashy handles that does nothing but eats up 6 seconds or a turnover.

16. Milos

Milos Member

This underscores the massive importance of building the right kind of culture, with principles like accountability and team-first individual sacrifice, that define winning organizations like the Heat, Spurs, Warriors

Players come and go, but the standard remains the same
    You either buy in, or you don't play

I'm guessing that Riley, Spoelstra, Butler and Lowry let Herro know that anything less than the standard of dedicated professionalism they demand from themselves will be tolerated

Too bad these Rockets are on the opposite end of the spectrum, where destructive, selfish outburst and outright insubordination are met with slaps on the wrists

How can Tilman see what Kelvin Sampson has built down the road at UoH and not offer him a promotion to the big leagues?

I love watching the Cougs and Baylor play
    A clear mandate from the top that demands nothing less than manic, teamwide commitment to winning basketball

#296 Milos, Jan 13, 2022
    NewAge and txppratt like this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

none of that matters. when he got to the point where he a built a 65 win perennial contender and then the worst owner came in a dismantled it in 3 years

what did you illustrate with the cp3 trade? I asked you what part of the trade did you miss and named every player involved in the deal. obviously no answer there bc there's nothing to miss

what evidence do I have? uhh if you don't know tilman forced the move and he admitted it, you obviously are years behind. I wont even bother to harp on something thats so well documented and been discussed 1000000 times.

According to morey's history? westbrick is the epitome of everything opposite of analytics and everything morey believes in. that's just flat out common sense. dont reference morey's history if you're not familiar with it in the first place.

#297 YOLO, Jan 13, 2022
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

Kelvin has 0 interest in it. It's that simple. He doesn't have much of a relationship with Tilman, so that doesn't really matter

Milos likes this.
  19. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

lol that wasn’t my point. You are always argumentative and seem to feel attacked for no reason lol. Jeez. My response wasn’t even about Morey but you chose to focus on him for some reason. It was about you and those that argue that Herro should have been involved in The Harden trade. I explained how it doesn’t fit with our timeline and the possible reasons why Houston chose the Nets draft picks which is mainly financial, to which you had no response and instead keep harping on Morey lol. And btw no where does it say Morey didn’t propose Westbrook to Fertita or that he didn’t agree to it in the first place. Unless you have that concrete information you would be assuming. Oh well.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

you brought up morey in your post. I simply corrected it. that's why i focused on it because that part was an incorrect claim.

Herro doesn't fit the rockets timeline? umm he's 21 and younger than guys that were even in this years draft. He's been in the league in now his 3rd continuing breakout year and proven he can play at a very high level. you're rebuilding from scratch and someone that young, with a clear high ceiling that's still untapped, doesn't fit the timeline? that's just strange. another weird claim there.

What do I need to respond to about the nets draft picks? You mean some of the picks they lost in the first place due to Tilman's idiotic moves. Those picks? i already mentioned that.. You're actually try to praise a move to get back assets that were unnecessary to give up to begin with. And has the rockets as the worst team in the league for years to come

You again want to bring up the cp3 acquisition as if the rockets are drastically missing any piece that was given up. no answer from you there, when again I posted every piece that was involved in that deal.

#300 YOLO, Jan 13, 2022