1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Spurs 1/12/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 11, 2022.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

winning is so much more fun than losing... you develop and progress when you overcome

VanityHalfBlack and crenshaw like this.
  2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Silus trying to coach and his players 'making progress'
    [​IMG]

Ankara1923 and Joe Rocket like this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

imagine Silus coaching them pffffffff

theyd be tanking hard and already had JG on their roster because they lack talent and they d be trading away capela an all the talented vets because the timeline

Joe Rocket likes this.
  4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That he only took 10 shots in 32 minutes is crazy, in my opinion.

5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lack of sound judgement within this team lol

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He could easily be the best scorer if Silas played him more minutes but development comes first, no doubt in my mind.

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

In places, for sure. No argument there.

I don't have a problem with Gordon's minutes at all. Eric playing 32 against the Spurs during a game that has no real bearing on our season, unless the "W" is viewed in a negative way (which is certainly one way of looking at it), is about the most I'd expect him to get right now. Everybody and their uncle, in my opinion, expects Gordon to get moved to a contender by the deadline, and I suspect that those who want to keep him for the season also think it's a real possibility. I agree that development should come first. Absolutely. Protecting Eric from "overuse" (and the "i" word) this close to the deadline makes perfect sense.

Porter's heroics at the end after what I consider a mediocre game from presumably our starting point guard (2 assists and 3 turnovers in 30 minutes!) should, one hopes, be good for the 3rd year player's development. The rest of the game exposed how unsuited he is as a 1, in my opinion, not that he hasn't clearly shown already that he's being used in the wrong position. Heck, how much point did he actually play against SA? I'd have to watch the game again to get a better sense of that, and there's no way I'd subject myself to it. ;-)

TimDuncanDonaut and daywalker02 like this.
  8. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

we have a cheap ass owner? plus eric might want to win a ring?

9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sad when everyone leaves us for a chance at a ring. I miss the days of our championship years. A quarter of a century ago!!! We are sliding further and further away from the dream with cheap ass Tillman owning this team.

10. TimDuncanDonaut

Box score don't always paint the whole picture, but Gordon's 90% field goals percentage; 31 points off of 10 shots is one sexiest box score I've ever seen. From a guard with long range bombs no less. Talk about a near perfection of an offensive game. If Rockets had lost this game, would have been such a waste of a single player's artful performance.

If the player's name and age were censored, and showed the numbers to a fan, and we're talking pure meritocracy, it's an example game of a core piece player.

If Luka, Curry, Trae get this kind of numbers, national media would be frothing in the mouth and make him player of the week.

Done fan-girling over Gordon's fg %. Back to your normal tv programming.

crenshaw likes this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

this is fine... even the broken clock is correct twice a day...

he shot us out of games million times during his stay here...dmo would have been more useful to rockets than gordon.....if only morey didnt mess up...

his 3pt shooting was a fools gold... hed be poor from 3 most of the year then he would have an extraordinary month or 2 that would bring his % to normal...meanwhile hed be doing irreparable damage to our team during the greater part of the year with his tunnel vision, turnover proneness and chucking mentality...

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

This really understates how important EG was in our postseason runs. EG wasn't a one dimensional 3 pt scorer. In the playoffs he provided vital perimeter defense and was extremely aggressive attacking the rim. He is going to be sought after heavily by contending teams.

ElPigto likes this.
  13. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Fashow. I'm really hoping he's having fun and wants to lead the team back to the playoffs but I wouldn't bet anything on him staying. I'm really gonna miss EG man. It's been kinda cool to see him really taking the lead instead of having to defer to Harden. We had that 50 burger vs the Jazz and it was glorious but he was always the 2nd banana as long as Harden was here. His 3 point % has absolutely sky rocketed since he doesn't have to catch/shoot off a Harden bail-me-out pass with 2 seconds on the clock.

14. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

I think He would be a great pick up for Denver especially when Jamal gets back. They’re like the perfect guards to play off of Joker

15. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

It is hard to win back to back but great coaches get it done. Lets see how Pop goes rebuilding a team that doesn't have a stable centerpiece like Tim Duncan.

16. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Well you need a strong minded coach for guys like LeBron and not one that just does everything he says

Joe Rocket likes this.
  17. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Westbrook needs someone who will make hims top shooting 3's. He actually did that for MDA. He's not for Vogel though.

18. bj3175

bj3175 Member

true but their are some things defensively that KPJ could use as an advantage for himself

Tfor3 likes this.
  19. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

i think Harden kept him in check a little bit and was able to convince him what is best for the team and him. LeBron wouldn't be able to do that because they are not close friends