1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Jalen Green Experience is Coming

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Nov 9, 2021.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Man, I do not agree with this at all, the Gleague plays no defense, it is a me first league - it looks like athletic YMCA ball - just back and forth...pull.....no fundamentals at all, very little offense running.

The NCAA has coaches teaching fundamentals....any player IMHO would be better off going to the NCAA for a year, especially now that they can get money for their likeness.

DD

2. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Has the Jalen Green Experience come yet? Did I miss it?

3. NewAge

NewAge Member

Yes that’s correct, I remember.

That Corey Brewer comp generated a lot of turmoil, but I could see the similarities, too. It’s not exact, however. There are substantial differences. Brew had more length and was a much, much better defender. JG has a lot more ball skills than Brew, even at this young age. But some similarities do exist at present, and nobody said that JG won”t develop in a way that Brew didn’t.

Here’s what I don’t understand: Corey Brewer is not a bust, by no means! A truly malicious poster could have said "Harold Miner” or “Fred Jones” —athletic picks who didn’t accomplish anything. Brewer was a valuable role player in his career. Why was that taken to be such an insult?

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  4. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

Yeah I agree that other than upperclassmen ready to step into a role like Duarte or really rare rookies like Luka, rookies playing a big role don’t help you win games.

How good Mobley has been is a separate thing, but since coming back I’m totally fine with where Jalen looks to be right now with his development and I’m kind of excited about him again like after Summer League.

I also think the G League route may have put him behind a bit. The average G League player is much better than the average D1 player and I think a player can really develop some individual skills in the G League. But it doesn’t seem like the ideal spot for an 18 year old to really learn to compete at a higher level, especially with how it worked last year.

daywalker02 likes this.
  5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

He's a semi-bust. He was a lottery pick (#7). At that draft position, you expect a guy who is at least a full-time starter or important 6th man type player, if not star potential. He turned out to be a journeyman bench player.

If a #2 pick turned out to have a career like Brewer, he would be a bona fide bust.

BonziWellsGOAT and Dobbizzle like this.
  6. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Corey Brewer again? It’s an embarrassingly awful comp. Just truly assinine.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Brewer is an icon and JBB's favorite. He succeeded, who cares about him as a basketball player.:p

[​IMG]

\[​IMG]

#1307 daywalker02, Jan 13, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
    Easy and dmoneybangbang like this.
  8. dmoneybangbang

Bahahahaha. Of course you aren’t man enough to back up your Corey Brewer claims.

TheRealist137 likes this.
  9. dmoneybangbang

It seems to most of the development actually comes at the NBA level. The number of kids that go through HS and college basketball and make it to the NBA is minuscule.

College basketball just isn’t like college football.

10. dmoneybangbang

Brewer is a top 5 GIF. Respect.

Easy and daywalker02 like this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's just not something I said kiddo.

12. dmoneybangbang

Lol. Sure it is boomer.

You were being an irrational hater so you tossed out the Corey Brewer in one of your classic temper tantrums.

Need to take that ginkgo bilaba for that memory gramps. I got the receipts for your KPJ simping…

DatRocketFan and TheRealist137 like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We had both Brewers, Jazzhole legend Ronnie Brewer.

[​IMG]

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

SMH you know you've got nothing, that's why you make baseless claims then run off.

Now it's possible the conversation went over your head.... but that's not my fault, it's super easy to do.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think the reason they saw it as an insult was that back then they were talking about him as if his floor was Michael Jordan. Since they were so far from reality, a more reasonable take seemed like heresy.

16. BonziWellsGOAT

Just ignore him. He feeds off of replies.

17. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

The ignore functions makes this site a bit more confusing (you see a lot of one way conversations) but much more reasonable.

The telling sign is that if you point out factual errors in something that pathological narcissist says, he ignores you. He lives in a qualitative echo chamber where facts don’t matter as much as assertiveness, nuance or admitting any error equals weakness, there must always be a scapegoat, and the only valid emotions are anger or condescension.

People like that don’t want an honest debate - they want to vent to distract from their insecurities. Why engage them?

#1317 cmlmel77, Jan 13, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
  18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I encourage this. If you aren't intelligent enough to carry on a conversation, liberal usage of the ignore button will do the forum a lot of good. Take yourself out of the conversation for the greater good.

19. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

G-League doesn't prepare you like years of college in a good program, but college is also slow AF at developing players. Would rather have him in an NBA training camp ASAP, and the quickest path for him was G League. It's true, the preparation is underwhelming except they taught him how to practice and improved his 3 significantly. Just treat this as his first year in college, he will develop more rapidly with us vs GLeague or college.

20. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I've actually used it for the first time, it actually makes a lot of Jalen Green threads more readable. All threads so far are still very coherent.

If everyone uses that function on that poster, the threads will basically look no different to if he wasn't posting at all.

Easy and cmlmel77 like this.