1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Jalen Green Experience is Coming

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Nov 9, 2021.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The Jalen Green simps are basically the same as religious zealots, the slightest thing can be seen as heresy and it sets off an emotionally charged screech fest.

You question their deity at your own peril.

hakeem94 and Nook like this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

3. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yes, the game has changed. But players who can score efficiently inside the arc--elite midrange and elite ability to get to the rim--can still be devastating scorers. Green doesn't seem to have a midrange game, yet. But he definitely is elite at getting to the rim.

Houston77 likes this.
  5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

You are being too binary with what I said :D.

I was mainly trying to say I feel like he should be a better shooter but the end results simply haven’t been there yet. Then people started comparing his trajectory to Durant and I had to point out Durant had shot well from 3 prior to his rookie year. Green’s shot is a work in progress. I hope he will start to put things together in the second half of the year.

The only thing I’ll say definitively is that the G League is trash. I am disappointed that his game didn’t seem to develop much in his time there.

6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Kind of hard to develop in a condensed 16 game pandemic schedule dont you think? GLeague is a fine league when used for more than a competitive expose. Guys go there to learn from ex NBA players and coaches and to get a taste of current trends in the NBA. Guys like Gary Payton II, Danny Green, Robert Covington, Khris Middleton, Pascal Siakam, Rudy Gobert and Jordan Clarkson have all used the GLeague as a springboard to successful NBA careers. To dismiss it as trash is surface level commentary since its not showcased as a competitive league like NCAA or the Euro circuit. Are the success stories infrequent compared to college basketball and European draftees? Yes, but it serves its purpose.

7. MystikArkitect

The Grizz and Cavs are good examples of what the Rockets could be in a year or two. Getting Chet should be of upmost priority. Even with that lanky frame he will still alter shots. He can grow here and not be tasked to be a primary offensive player. My fear with Jabari/Banchero is that we'd be back at all offense no defense. Green is a Morant type. Christopher at the 1 and Sengun at the 5.

Mathews at the 3? Dude has good gravity but with Wood and KPJ there's no spacing for him to work because of their awful offense.

8. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

I’ve sort of been a Green “hater” and still think on the whole he’s a net negative on the court right now where Mobley has a huge impact on the Cavs winning games.

But I’ve been way more encouraged with what he’s shown offensively since coming back and it’s raised my floor for him a pretty good bit.

9. NewAge

NewAge Member

something has clicked, I can see it, too.
    The reason he looked truly horrible was because he’s useless on D, and not doing any dirty work at all. So when he was playing meek on O he looked like a total disaster.
    But now he’s getting a step on people, exploding to the basket, going to FT line, becoming more aggressive. I am actually starting to get moderately excited about JG. Still a looooooong way to go, but encouraging signs.

clos4life and ChillyPete32 like this.
  10. clos4life

clos4life Member

I wish he was elite finishing at the rim but any bump takes him off his game. He needs to watch Ja Morant.

11. xaos

xaos Member

That will certainly come with more weight. 1 or 2 offseasons

12. alethios

alethios Member

In my mind, I've been comparing him to a younger, more raw version of Ja Morant, and certainly he could do worse than to pattern his game after Ja's.

clos4life and xaos like this.
  13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

He needs to add strength and weight. The good news is that his body still has some maturing to go. He is literally just a kid.

clos4life and dmoneybangbang like this.
  14. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Coming from U that's rich. U r literally on the opposite spectrum of the Jalen green simps, basically the president of the anti Green club with your consistent trash post on the 19 year old. The sad thing is U r delusional to think that u r an unbiased Rockets fan.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Most rookies are a 0 or a negative, that is very common.

Green improved to the point that his Offense can negate his so-called below average D in some of the games.

Mobley displayed the maturity of an almost veteran, that is rare, it remains to be seen how much he can grow from here on forward.

harold bingo likes this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

SMH delusional fanbois always say the same.....not long ago Westbrick fanbois were singing that song.

17. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Random pivot.
    Apparently anyone calling u out for your sht takes a green fan Boi.

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

You said his ceiling is Corey Brewer.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  19. roslolian

roslolian Member

G League is made up of former college stars who werent quite good enough to make it in the NBA, this includes men in their mid 20s already instead of college kids. On average the competition is better than NCAA where 90% of the roster have 0 chance to make it in the NBA. I'd say the development of GLeague is better than the NCAA too, cuz you spend all your time on bball instead of wasting time at school on compulsory subjects like history, fine arts etc and then work on bball during gym class and after school hours.

Green with 0 fundamental development on his shooting form is shooting at a higher percentage than Corey Kispert with 4 yrs of fundamental shooting training in the NCAA.

#1299 roslolian, Jan 13, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
    dmoneybangbang likes this.
  20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, I didn't.

I said that's who he'd be if he never improved.

If he stayed nothing more than a streaky shooter that was quick.