1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Spurs 1/12/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 11, 2022.

1. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Please stop. There's literally no way you can argue against what I said. The only way is what youre doing and basically lying saying they dont have talent when they do lol. Just straight cappin. The Lakers werent anything special WITH AD this year they were still losing, They are actually winning more now lately and the Hawks went to the eastern conference finals last year.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

I literally did just argue against what u said. If u want to act like those teams have such amazing rosters, then go right ahead.

3. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

The Rockets sucked even with Harden last year what are you talking about? You cant just give SIlas credit for doing something he has not done and act like its proof of something. Talent is more important than coaching thats true but dont act like coaching just doesnt matter. Coaching actually matters a lot more when you dont have superstars.

4. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Compared to who? Who dont they have amazing rosters compared to bro. Lebron James Russell Westbrook what the hell else you need to prove that the team is talented?? Now the goal is AMAZING roster LOL. I see so you dont need coaching if the roster is AMAZING kinda proves my point.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

Lakers winning more now with AD, but conveniently leaves out that Lebron missed 11 of the 1st 20 games to start this season…

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

Lmao, u serious? Harden was bullsh*tting and didn’t want to be here. He tried for like 3 games and then completely checked out, so what are u talking about?

nowhere did I say coaching doesn’t matter…don’t put words in my mouth and then start arguing over what u made up…I literally said in my post that a good coach can make a difference, but talent matters far more…

so please, tell me where I said coaching doesn’t matter

7. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

If Eric Gordon wants to b a rockets the rest of his career, I would like to see it. But realistically unless he agrees to sign with us for a huge discount, he's a luxury we can't afford as a rebuilding team.

It's best to trade for assets and assist in Gordon's desire to win a ring (assuming that's what he wants). Its better in the long run.

#947 DatRocketFan, Jan 13, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
  8. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Everyone has been missing games this year. AD played earlier this year whats your point? They had him playing against good teams and they lost. The idea that you sititn here trying to act like the lakers were the only team injured is ridiculous. How much farther are you gonna back pedal. Man the Lakers went from SUperteam to not that talented wit the greatest player ever ontheir roster. See how far some on ya'll will go to try to argue out of anything lol. The Lakers only have 5 games on Pop lol Now the Celtics who went to the playoffs which you used as a bar for success in your post about SIlas if we still had Harden and the Hawks who went to the east coast finals arent talented enough. GTFOH lol

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

"talent matters far more than coaching" Using Pop as an example when theres very talented teams with near the same record. Case Closed.

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

bruh, just stop…

Since when has AD won games by himself? And then he’s playing with Westbrick and washed vets as Lebron was missing games…

like I said, if u want to act like Lakers without Bron, the Celtics, the Blazers lol, and the Hawks are amazing rosters, then do u

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

case closed for sure…trying to talk with someone making sh*t up, and then arguing over what they made up, is a complete waste of time

see ya

12. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Like I said the only way for you to get out of this one is try to act like all of these playoff teams arent talented lol And now me make the leap from talent to "amazing roster"

13. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

I literally quoted you. Whats made up is you acting the Lakers record is that way because AD was out lol and then two playoff teams arent talented now lol

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

that’s tough to say…I was thinking Detroit because Killian Hayes is the 1 starting PG that’s worse than KPJr, but they took him with the 7th overall pick just a few years ago, so they’d probably try and salvage him over riding with Porter

Stephen_A likes this.
  15. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Talent means nothing without the right coach. If you have the wrong coach it can ruin everything. As said the only thing that can overcome it is "amazing rosters". Give this team to a real coach and both Jalen and Sengun would be in the ROY conversation. High school level ass coach.

hakeem94 and Ankara1923 like this.
  16. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Entertaining game.

Somehow, someway we overcame the unstoppable power of our losing culture and our terrible coach who is clearly holding this talented roster back and we managed to play the right way and win a game.

For one night at least….

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Good game to have chimed in though, once in a while.

ElPigto likes this.
  18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Quite the opposite.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

[​IMG]

20. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How can we not afford Gordon when other teams have 3 or 4 mega stars?

Tfor3 and hakeem94 like this.