1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paolo Banchero vs Chet Holmgren

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by MystikArkitect, Nov 9, 2021.

?

Chet "The Jet" Holmgren or Paolo "The Lambo" Banchero?

1. Holmgren

2. Banchero

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Yeah I have Chet as the favorite at this point. There isn’t an obvious BPA so I’m going fit and Chet is really intriguing on the defensive end. He has the length and the willingness to compete. The strength will come.

Ramo$e and cmoak1982 like this.
  2. txtodd

txtodd Member

Just to avoid confusion when someone says 'Scoot'?

cheke64 likes this.
  3. bmelo

bmelo Member

we had what Chet can eventually become already and traded him for Oladipo. They not drafting him.

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

He too thin the PF and Cs in the NBA will break him in half.

Maybe if he can transform into a wing he can be like Bolbol.

5. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Defense should fit with Sengun or as a small ball 5, offense should fit with Garuba (hoping his offense is playable) or as a small ball 5.

BigM likes this.
  6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I am not saying Smith will not be an all-star type player I am just questioning if he can be a go to guy in crunchtime when everybody knows he is the 1st option.

Outside of Durrant, who is the 6'10 guy who can create his own shot in crunchtime?

That especially goes for a guy who does not have advanced dribbling skills and you usually do not make the dribbling leap in the pro's, can you name anybody who has made that dribbling link in the pro's.

Advanced dribbling and playmaking id what sets a franchise guy apart, I am not saying Smith can't take the leap but a jump-shooting big man while valuable is not a truly elite player without advanced dribbling skills it's the difference between JJJ and Durant.

The jury is still out but from what I have seen Smith is too content looking for the jumper and rarely puts pressure on the defense with the dribble, he is young so he might have more dribble skills than I think.

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

nah, he moves the needle with his playmaking and attacking. Ivey looks so centered around flashiness and has a good team doing most of the work.

8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I watched Miller since his UCLA days and he could get A shot off against anybody but he rarely drove and most of his shots came from screening and him running around a lot.

No I am not misrembering Miller I watched his entire career and most of his shots were created by screening and set plays run for him, yes he was better than Korver but he could not create a good shot on his own come crunchtime.

Yes Miller would be all NBA but he would not be 1st team and would not be 2nd team most years.

My point being it's hard to build a team around a jump shooter who does not have great dribbling skills.

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

They're not sleeping on him. He's not eligible for this draft. He's probably considered by most to be a top 2 or 3 pick in the 2023 draft.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I thought since he was in the g-league he was good to go.

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Nope. You have to be 19 in the year of the draft you're trying to get into. He won't be 19 until 2023.

cheke64 and dmoneybangbang like this.
  12. dmoneybangbang

I wish he was in this draft, he'd probably be number 1. He's 17 and completed high school a year early in order to go pro at the G League level. The kid is really only a senior high school.

cheke64 likes this.
  13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He's looking real good.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  14. dmoneybangbang

My favorite scenario would be grabbing Jabari or Chet with the 3rd pick.

Paolo seems like the safest pick and I wouldn't be upset at all if we ended up there.

15. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Banchero is the obvious choice, my second choice is Jabari Smith.

16. Nook

Nook Member

Nah… the league is not overly physical like it was in the past. People said the same thing about Mobley too. The league has gotten to the point where the physical part of the game is way down priority wise. His only concern is his health and ability to expand his game offensively.

jiggyfly, YOLO, Deuce and 1 other person like this.
  17. roslolian

roslolian Member

Have you seen Mobley play center? Holmgren seems 50-75% thinner than Mobley, Mobley can play PF with his frame so Holmgren can only probably only play sf.

If physical part of the game isnt inportant Giannis wouldnt be one of the best players in the league since basically thats the only thing he has going for him.

18. Nook

Nook Member

Being heavy is less important in the NBA than it ever has been, especially for post players.

jiggyfly, YOLO and cmoak1982 like this.
  19. roslolian

roslolian Member

What's Mobley's statline as a center so far?

20. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Looking at lineups with at least 30 minutes of play without Allen or Davis, Cavs are scoring 13.4 more points than opponents per 100 possessions with Mobley. Though, if Holmgren is drafted by the Rockets, I doubt they would play him at center against someone that could abuse him down low.

jiggyfly likes this.