1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Christoper vs Porter

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ClearLakeTX, Jan 10, 2022.

?

Christopher or Porter

1. Christopher

131 vote(s)
    92.3%
  2. Porter

11 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. HeyBudLetsParty

JC isn’t a natural point guard but at least the ball doesn’t stick to him

2. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Actually, they might kill it in a game of pickup. Different game. Each only have one other running with them. That could be fun to watch. Possibly. :cool:

3. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

You are funny!!!

duluth111222 likes this.
  4. TimDuncanDonaut

A bowel of mac n' cheese and fruit loops?

duluth111222 and Nook like this.
  5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I want Daishan Nix to get a shot.

DD

6. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I think if Christopher and kpj switched role, their play would switch too. Kpj would start playing better and Christopher would struggle.

7. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Same thing happened to me in the last few weeks. You cant give any criticism to him around DA Dakota. Funny how throwing a fit and leaving at halftime will have people really question you. I said this would happen and that he shouldnt be a 3 weeks ago. Some people just need to see things happen before they know whats going on.

8. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

We are fortunate in that none of our rookies are selfish. Actually at the beginning of the season they were are shocked especially Sengun and Green at how selfish the rest of the team was.

9. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Whats sad is Silas treats KPJ and Wood like the superstrs of this team so I just dont see him benching KPJ. We may be stuck. This is where GM leadership is needed.

10. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

I disagree at "you are what you are" at age 21 tplenty of evidence that says thats not true and that usually doesnt happen til 25 or 26. Like Wood is likely who he is at this point. So KPJ will get better however, there are certain things that just dont get better with just time. Like court vision isnt something that everyone has. Westbrick has little to no court vision and its part of why he's so inefficient and I see KPJ in the same mold without the freakish athletic ability. He'll collect assists just form guys making contested shots after he passed the ball but he'll collect turnovers from trying to force a shot and then only passing when he has no other choice. Age is a more important factor than the season but like I said certain things just wont improve and KPJ is just not a point guard.

raining threes likes this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

12. BonziWellsGOAT

Can't hurt, plus he is a natural point guard that clearly has a feel for the game, in terms of keeping the flow of an offense. Again, it can't be worse than what is currently happening

raining threes likes this.
  13. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

nah Christopher is much better at getting to the rim, making layups, his shot already better, better ball handler, better attitude, better defense & better looking

but he isn’t a PG, I see his potential as a Ginobli type 6th man role with ball handling duties and instant energy on both ends

14. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I'm sure we'll wait with baited breath on that one. I'm not remotely as convinced as most that Stone is a great GM. We're talking about the man who offered Dipo an extension and has 40m sat on the bench doing nothing - both of these things tell me at his very best he's a mediocre GM.

15. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Letting Wall sit was the right call. We have to see if KPJ is the answer.

The Rockets knew Oladipo would reject offered extension. It’s a moot point.

Corrosion likes this.
  16. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I feel like they're going to waste Josh Christopher's talent here. I hope not. But I do like Josh Christopher more than Kevin Porter Jr, and I think Josh Christopher will make a better starting point guard than Kevin Porter Jr.. Josh Christopher is more of a team player and he brings good energy. He will feed the ball more to his teammates.

But like I said, I think the Rockets will waste Josh Christopher's talent here in Houston.

BonziWellsGOAT likes this.
  17. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

40m of cap space doing literally nothing is not being a good GM. To claim otherwise is pure nonsense.

18. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

What would you do differently?

Corrosion likes this.
  19. JW86

JW86 Member

Christopher easily, tired of the Harden repeat.

20. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Kpj wishes he could have have an ounce of hardens talent when it comes to passing