1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can we stop freezing out Jalen Green?!?!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatboyPhuong, Nov 20, 2021.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I pointed out the flaws in his game when they existed. The fact that he overcame them.....only to become a rapist and destroy his career, doesn't mean that those flaws weren't there at the time.

I know, this is too nuanced of a take for many here. I don't expect more than you guys are capable of.

2. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This team is no fun to watch these days. The team defense is the worst I have seen since I started watching the Rockets in the 70's. So much standing around or stopping to argue with officials after a no call which leaves the team 4 on 5 on the defensive end. Help defense is always late or non existent.

Silas doesn't carry himself like a leader. He's just a nice guy that got a shot and wasn't ready for it. He should absolutely be in Green's ear about becoming the leader on the floor. I know we don't really want to win but the players aren't learning **** from Silas and his staff. I don't think Green is being frozen out. I think everyone is in "get mine" mode. I get the sentiment of wanting Green to get the ball more and I agree because he is currently our best hope for having another Harden type on our team.

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

We need someone who has been described as a "Leader of Men" by an championship-winning NBA owner.

DaDakota likes this.
  4. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Would like to see him get a chance to have the ball in his hands more and try to initiate some offense. We know he can score, but I want to see him try to develop other areas of his game.

5. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

If Wood is moved then Theis is a needed commodity. Tough, rugged, hard nosed players that will not ask for touches are not easy to find. I’m not saying keep him for sure but if it’s just a dump I’d be more inclined to keep him. You can’t have a team entirely comprised of youngsters. That will set the core back even further.

BallaDoc and aaquaa like this.
  6. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Please correct me if I am wrong, but: isn’t there basically always a set play when you are in the half court offense and doesn’t the coach basically tell the players, which plays to run?

i would imagine this is more of a coaches decision than a selfish player problem. But I do agree that Silas doesn’t seem to be doing the best job at developing his rookies (or at winning)…

7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Nah - Let Thies go play on a veteran team more ready to contend. I'd play Usman Garuba in his place. Not sure how the core would be set back further when the team plays better sans Theis in the lineup. You can find a big body to back up and eat minutes in the GLeague. The young core needs to start building chemistry and understand each others role and strengths.

aaquaa likes this.
  8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Except Garuba is bad so it won't be good for anyone. Whatever the "young core" is Garuba isn't in the same conversation as the the other 3 rookies. He needs more time in the G league working on basic basketball.

9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I mean the same thing was being said about Jalen Green for weeks! You have to find out what you have - Garuba was killing the GLeague while down there - he needs minutes and reps vs true NBA bigs.

10. NewAge

NewAge Member

His defense has improved lately. Offense is atrocious.

11. Bo6

Bo6 Member

he's running down to the corner almost everytime. this 3 guard lineup with KPJ, Gordon, Green is not working.

KPJ being a terrible shooter forces green to resign in the corner. We are sacrifcing spacing for KPJ. Gordon, I have no idea why he in the starting lineup because all 3 just battle for shots.

Then you have the blackhole that is Christian Wood. If they guy is getting the ball GOOD LUCK trying to get it back from him.

ThatboyPhuong, BallaDoc, Amel and 2 others like this.
  12. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

You shut up, Dee dee.
    You are the only one here who tries hard to have a different perspective on everything, but most of the time your output's just BS.
    This is just one example.

ThatboyPhuong likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I just hate X only fans of a player over the good of the team.

But I do credit you with Dee Dee - that got a chuckle out of me.

DD

#94 DaDakota, Jan 10, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
    BallaDoc likes this.
  15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

You predicted that he was going to be Alex Smith-tier QB. He became an elite QB. You were wrong. Deal with it.

16. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Pointed out the flaws my ass. I still have your sht take about savage being better than Watson on my signature. That's how sht of a take It was.

17. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I saw it last night In the 3rd quarter

*Wood received the ball above the break
    *His defender was pressing him
    *Wood looks across the court to a wide open Green (3-pt territory)
    *Wood said, "No Bro," dribbled twice towards his left
    (Green defender was 10 ft away now has closed the gap)
    *Wood passes to the corner (Garrison or Gordon) who was guarded
    closer the whole possession

Might say which young player called out Wood before his suspension.

Yeah, there may be some stuff going on behind the scene that we are
    not privileged to. Trade deadline needed to clean out some of this mess.

18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Pounding his chest on gimme dunks down by 20+ is not a good look LOL .. he is "gonna get his" come hell or high water. I defended him and tried to look at things purely from a basketball perspective, but he has to go. His arrogance is killing the little chemistry on the team.

Believe It!, aaquaa and ApacheWarrior like this.
  19. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

No doubt.

I saw him (imo) force Silas to move Theis to not playing while almost getting Silas
    fired by shooting around 19% from 3.....then shot 3's right when he got his way.

That's a rat fink if you ask me. I was a fan of Wood prior to that.
    Now I'm ok with compromise......but he went from good defense during
    our 7-game win streak to not playing defense.

My only guess is he saw Sengun go out with a sprained ankle and is
    trying to avoid that. At least until after the trade deadline. Willing
    to risk injury during offensive plays only.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member