1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green 4th quarter minutes

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jan 9, 2022.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Please notice the winky guy - it was a joke, He should definitely start.

Tonight they were the same

3-10 shooting
    1-6 on 3pters

They both sucked.

DD

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

rookies should be playing despite bad games.

Richie_Rich, slothy420, Amel and 9 others like this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

this

this isn’t some good team with aspirations, this is the worst team in the West, and 1 of the worst in the league

people trying to lump rookies on a tanking team into the category of “vet who wasn’t playing hard as the team got their ass whooped”…they’re the ones who should be on the bench in the 4th quarter of a blowout

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Jalen Green fans whining that their idol wasn't able to pad his stats in garbage time after his awful performance was a large contributor towards the game being a blowout.

I mean, you have to expect it, but it doesn't make it any better.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t think anyone will deny that Green had a very shitty game, but like everyone is saying: he needs to play more to gain reps and play through bad games.

We need to prioritize our young guys’ development above all right now, and we’re not getting enough of it.

BonziWellsGOAT, slothy420 and xaos like this.
  6. onreego

onreego Member

My bad, DD. Just a bit frustrated with the development approach at the moment. That being said, Im seriously open to the idea if it helps get away from this philosophy that KPJ and Green can only work as a pair.

I will say I liked what I saw from Christopher tonight.

hakeem94 and DaDakota like this.
  7. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

It’s not that he needs to pad his stats, he needs more reps so some of the things that you don’t like about his game can be ironed out.

His rookie stats don’t matter for ****, long-term, but there has to be some continuity when we weren’t winning this game anyhow.

8. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

It’s not about padding stats. I would say the same thing about KPJ, and Christopher. Just play the young guys in garbage time, they NEED the reps.

9. dmoneybangbang

10. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Oh, I totally agree that the lack of minutes in games he's playing well is pure idiocy on Silas' part. However, in games like the last 2 where he's just garbage on D I'm not going to complain if he sits. It's not all one and none of the other, players should be benched when they're barely even trying on one end of the floor, no matter who the player is (and yes, Wood is too of my list there - bum.) It's weird though, his effort was always high even if he got caught out, these last couple games though he's looking more and more like Wood and KPJ, and that's a problem.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's starting every game he's getting plenty of reps.

You give the guys who will pay hard those minutes since they don't have guaranteed paying time based on their draft position like Green does.

He'll get a chance to play hard tomorrow.

12. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Right.

But I don’t get the whole “he was having a bad game, sit him” thing…

So what he was not having a good game until that point….maybe he explodes in the fourth.

Why wouldn’t we be giving him every chance to grow?

Sitting our number 2 overall Rookie in a lost season, in a game we are getting beat down in makes no sense.

DreamShook likes this.
  13. a time to chill

If the rookies are good they should be able to beat out the veterans on this team for a starting spot. Just handing them minutes for the purpose of development when there are better players on the roster isn't the right way. That's why I'm against sitting John Wall for KPJ's development.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

KPJ and Green get garunteed minutes, guys like Nix, Christopher, and Mathews don't.

If they want those 4th quarter minutes, they should pay harder and smarter in the first 3 quarters so it's not a complete blowout.

a time to chill and hakeem94 like this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

reps is overrated what they need is the refs...this is NBA and silas knows it too well hes been here for more than 2 decades... think about it....

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

.....NOT
    signed Silas
    hes been more than 2 decades in nba i tend to trust him more than armchair coaches

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yall odd man.

It's been the standard since forever that rookies get as much playing time as possible on bad teams. Sinec forever.

This dude Green is still trying to figure out his shot, the best way to do that is live shooting IN GAMES.

This team ain't good enough to be resting guys in garbage time any ways. That's what good teams do because they are playing for something. Bad teams need to develop players and team chemistry. That's it.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We do play tomorrow night though, let's not forget that....

Maybe....and I am giggling as I type this....maybe Silas is like......F IT...this game is over.....will try to keep em fresh for tomorrow's game.

DD

19. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

I don't expect Jalen to play the 4th qtr tomorrow. I believe that is going to be his 3rd straight game not playing in the 4th.

20. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

You do have a point and it is indeed the first half of a back-to-back, so in this case sitting him usually wouldn’t elicit a reaction from me. It just seems like both Green AND Al-P almost get no 4th quarter minutes when the games aren’t close. It’s frustrating because I want to see them play more and grow more.