1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KPjr has more to do with us winning games RIGHT NOW than anyone on the roster

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jan 6, 2022.

1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When you combine offense, defense, and minutes played, Kevin's the guy as of now.

CW doesn't play D, and won't do the little things...

Sengun doesn't get enough minutes yet.
    Green, for now, is scoring only, but is on the come.
    Obviously both will be All Stars one day..

An argument could be made for EG. He plays both ends and is ripping it from downtown...

But, KPjr plays the point...He's been adjusting well out top....contrary to what some might say.
    What are we, something like 7-3 in the last 10 games he's started?

Kind of controversial, but thought it would be something to kick around, while raising awareness.

#1 Plowman, Jan 6, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2022
    D-rock, jimmyv281, Emtenndo and 17 others like this.
  2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I thought he was mostly losing us that game last night with that performance. That game-winner is going to do more long-term harm than good..I swear. He will never be a point guard on a decent to good team. I don't see it. He can be a good, productive bench player though.

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

4. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

ARE U SURE?

5. awc713

awc713 Member

KPJ is an interesting, surely polarizing player, but not sure he has more influence on winning than others. Hopefully he continues to grow…he needs to rip off a good streak to end out the season. His highs are high and his lows are…low. I hope he has a good future, I could see him as a top 5-7 guard if all pans out. He’s in a learning stretch so there will be lots of bad games and errors, but I hope he can navigate it to success. He’s a very fun player to watch when’s he’s on.

Emtenndo, glynch, DaDakota and 5 others like this.
  6. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

Is it April 1st already?

7. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

[​IMG]

Plowman likes this.
  8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

He will have those highlight plays that posters salivate over but that's because he always opts for the flashy play over the effective one every time. One badass play for every ten boneheaded play is a bad ratio. Think of all those wide open fast-break dunk attempts where he cocks the ball all the way back but it ends up flying off his fingertips instead. Baffling that he still does it after the first few times he Shaqtin'd it.

clutchdabear and vator like this.
  9. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

KPJ has been in the league three years. I think he can get marginally better but I dont see him making tremendous strides off of where he is now.

10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I personally cannot wait until @Reeko post his take in this thread, not that I don't know what he has to say already. :D:D

comrade, vator, Reeko and 2 others like this.
  11. awc713

awc713 Member

I don’t disagree that his game obviously needs some change. He has a LOT of growing to do if he wants to be a top guard in this league. That’s not debatable. But let’s give this kid some PT to see if he can get there.

Tfor3 and burlesk like this.
  12. awc713

awc713 Member

3 years? He had a rookie campaign in CLE, then 2020 happened, and he’s, what, half a season into his third year? The kid is 21. Jesus. I believe Chuck said that you typically are the player you will be by your third season, which I generally agree with, but KPJ still has a good year left before anyone can really accurately guess how his career will go. And I think Chuck’s point was more poignant when players typically stayed 3-4 years through college. Good thing is he has the rest of this year which will be telling. Ivey in HOU would interesting.

jiggyfly, Patience, Sonicbun8 and 3 others like this.
  13. NewAge

NewAge Member

He’s just pressing a lot.
    But I see your point.
    Last year KPJ was playing carefree basketball, with zero effort on D, and at first glance looked better than this year, but to me it was vintage losing basketball.
    This year he is TRYING to play winning ball, and some time it looks like it, but often he is just trying too much and results are bad.
    Emotional steadiness is the first thing he needs to work on. He just MUST settle-in.
    Then finishing at the rim. It’s a shame for a guy that big and athletic to have such low %age around the rim.
    Shooting, he’s been working on it and it will be gradually improving, especially if he settles down.

Emtenndo, Yung-T, Patience and 5 others like this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

KPJr has the most to do with us winning games?!?

[​IMG]

correlation does not equal causation

the gaslighting for this guy never ends

How can u be averaging 13, 4, and 6 on 36/33/61 shooting splits, but have people act like you’re playing well? What kind of hex does KPJr have on folks? Y’all killing me with this sh*t. If KPJr is playing fine and is so instrumental to winning, then Russ has been PHENOMENAL the past few years.

KPJr is a week old Wendy’s burger, and y’all talk like he’s Kobe beef?

[​IMG]

15. juanming

juanming Member

I've seen it all. Now kp is our best player. Wow.

16. juanming

juanming Member

Like I said in the other thread him hitting that lucky shot was a disaster for our franchise going forward

This Thread proves it.

17. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Kpj can't pass or run an offense well enough to be the primary ball handler. I prefer the pg be a really good passer and I don't see kpj getting there personally.

My beef isn't so much with him as a player but rather him as a pg and leader.

Team needs a good young floor general.

18. vator

vator Contributing Member

Please add poll so I can vote NO!

Thanks

BallSoHarden and harold bingo like this.
  19. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

LOL. OP has hit a new low with this thread. I mean, yeah, KPJ is the PG, so naturally he touches the ball most. Maybe OP equates that to having more impact on us winning games?

Nevertheless, we aren’t winning that many games anyway. Maybe OP is trying to say KPJ’s average at best performance is causing us NOT winning games? LOL

Dacamel likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

From 0 to Hero.

Or from suspension to sensation!