1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Biden giving up is disappointing but no one thought he could shut the virus down. They believed he would have more success than the previous president but ultimately that was unlikely as well. Now we are stuck with it and him.

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Lol, calm down bud. I'm not advocating for people to go out and get covid. I'm just saying that my case was mild and went away on it's own in about 18 hours.

#11462 Haymitch, Jan 4, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
    Astrodome, jchu14 and Invisible Fan like this.
  3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Curious, what constitutes “giving up?”

4. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Saying there is no federal solution after saying he would shut it down. Rejecting the tests for the holidays.

5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

We are now hopefully moving toward living with this virus as it becomes endemic and a typical upper rep virus that joins the family of other coronaviruses (for those that have been vaccinated). For those that haven't by choice, you are still going to be at a much higher risk of severe illness and death. There is nothing anyone can do about this group anymore and we still have to ride it out with a % of them taking up critical limited resources, but it should be less of an impact with time. I'm sure those in this group that are political will complain about Covid and blame Biden for their success at contributing to the on-going but decreasing problems they are causing.

Let's just hope that Omicron is the start of end here.

B-Bob likes this.
  6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

How soon we forget. Light me up, Scotty.

7. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Canadians don’t care about Biden or Trimp or omnicran

@Os Trigonum

9. NewRoxFan

So... by "giving up" you are suggesting he isn't actively working to overcome COVID-19. Has he done that?

Its interesting that the trump supporters that are most critical of Biden and his response of COVID-19 (and usually misrepresenting what he has done and will do) are the very same that resist and oppose most if not all the things he and the federal government has attempted (vaccination mandates, mask mandates, social distancing efforts, closures).

No Worries and Newlin like this.
  10. NewRoxFan

"Labor strife" is an interesting way of describing teachers concerned about their own safety as well as the safety all other school staff and of the children that attend the schools.

11. NewRoxFan

12. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Let the protests begin.

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

14. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

If you are happy with his response, then that is great. Personally I have done everything the government has mandated. Anecdotally, I have not had one instance of someone asking me to put a mask on. At this point, my goal is to make it through without that conversation occurring. Yes, I make the trip back to my truck when I realize I have forgotten my mask halfway up the parking lot.

15. marky :)

marky :) Member

I was feeling down this morning but thank you for the pick me up and slight boost of confidence. I was never the sharpest tool in the shed growing up, but I take comfort knowing that there's someone dumber than I am.

No Worries, DFWRocket and dobro1229 like this.
  16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Good lord. Is the latest conspiracy theory really that 5G is actually what is causing 1,200 deaths per day in the US? 5G that hasn't even been rolled out in the US?

Wouldn't the symptoms be more like the Havana Syndrome and not causing nasal congestion, and a sore throat (Omicron symptoms)? Pneumonia is also sort of a strange symptom for a side effect coming from radio waves in the sky.

You Qanon conspiracy nuts seriously are coming up with some of the dumbest new conspiracy theories. Back in the day when people came up with theories about JFK, and 9/11, at least they made some sort of sense. It's like what Kid Rock is doing to rap & rock music at the moment. The people who make up these conspiracy theories for you to regurgitate, and the people like Kid Rock who make music geared towards people like this obviously think very little about you and your intelligence.

17. NewRoxFan

I think there is a huge distance between "Biden has given up" and "you are happy with his response". But I understand, after four plus years of supporting and defending the previous president and response, your team has to criticize and oppose the new one. Even if it means making things up (like "Biden has given up").

I wear my mask anywhere I go inside (other than my house and my wife's parents). And even some places outside (eg our church had Christmas Eve service outside, but the close proximity with so many people meant we masked up (only a handful did). Its not that big a deal to carry and wear one and the risk of exposure and passing it to my daughter or in-laws far outweighs any minor inconvenience.

18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

perhaps he should give up

19. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Hey that's why I'm here! To make you feel better.