1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. loses temper, leaves Toyota Center during 2nd half

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jan 1, 2022.

1. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Yes he is a good leader that’s why KPJ is not there.

2. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Yah there are people like you who think he gets too much blame but is doing a bad job and then there are others that think he is to blame for everything. There really isn't anyone that actually thinks he is a good coach.

harold bingo likes this.
  3. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Wohooooo first time on someone's ignore list!!!! I am really going places

Os Trigonum and juanming like this.
  4. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Definitely don't see this happening within good organisations.

Naturally, you'd expect it to see on a Tilman Fertitta run team.

That's not all folks, that's for sure.

5. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

The thing about leaks or tweets like this is, even if it were untrue, the Rockets would still leak the same narrative to retain his value. Just like Wood and Green not playing the second half was a "coach's decision". I do believe it though.

6. beardsanity713

I agree with the guys about cutting KPJ
    Not worth the headache talent don't out way the bs.

Hell if he need mental help that bad maybe he shouldn't be playing ball rn & focusing on mental health exclusively bc his track record on incidents are all violent oriented

I know some mentioned already about why Evan Mobley's father didn't want him going to the Rox bc of KPJ..

I like KPJ's game but seems he needs a locker room full of vets to thrive not a rebuildimg team tryna establish a positive healthy team culture

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not even Tom Brady can save him this time

TimDuncanDonaut and RasaqBoi like this.
  8. koby1868

koby1868 Member

Or maybe it was simply blown out of proportion like they all keep saying...

jiggyfly and cbass like this.
  9. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Imagine thinking throwing something at a head coach isn't serious.

You do know this is one of those situations where everyone downplays it to save face, right?

You do know that throwing things at a person proves how immature and childish someone is right? You do know doing it TWICE (that we know of) is just dumbfounding.

KPJ suits the Tilman Fertitta-era Rockets when you think about it.

So no wonder he's still on the team.

When you want to see where the Rockets measure up, just ask yourself. What would the Spurs have done if this happened. What would the Warriors have done.

#889 Downtown Sniper, Jan 4, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
  10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Robert Horry got traded for throwing a towel at Danny Ainges face.

Mgmt agreed Danny was a douche and sent Bob to the Lalers.

cheke64 likes this.
  11. hakeemthagreat

How would the blow up even happen? Wouldn't a leader prevent this type stuff???

12. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

may not have shown up as suspensions, but Wood has been a relevant player for 3 of his 7 years in the NBA. His attitude is one of the reasons for that. So sure, maybe it doesn’t show up as suspensions like KPJ - but that’s mostly a function of teams not even wanting to bother. There’s a reason C Wood was on a vet min with the Pistons just 2 years ago.

jiggyfly likes this.
  13. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Yes, because when you're a leader, everybody around you no longer feels emotions, especially people with anger management issues and mental health problems. /sarcasm.

14. MystikArkitect

This. They need to say KPJ was apologetic so that he can be traded for a 1st rounder, 2nd rounder, beer cups, whatever.

15. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Comparing a handful of KPJ's locker room shouting matches to a guy in Brown who has numerous team incidents requiring suspensions and fines for numerous teams as well as multiple sexual assault cases, domestic violence incidences, reckless driving incidents, nearly hitting a 2yr old child with furniture he was throwing out of his apartment window, and felony battery and burglary is NOT the same and you know it. Don't play dumb - be better. The Bucs didn't let him go simply because he left the field - they let him go because its the latest of like a zillion similar distractions he has created for himself and the teams he plays on....as troubled as KPJ is, he hasn't created anywhere near the same amount of chaos and damage to what Brown has done. If you don't see how that context is relevant then I'll just add you to the block list now because there is no useful insights you will have to share ever.

16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Delusional Rockets fans had this hot headed time bomb pegged as a franchise player lol

17. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

KPJ does have gun charges and got arrested for punching a woman..

slothy420 likes this.
  18. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I mean, being tatted up doesn’t mean you’re an *******—otherwise I’d be a giant dick and I like to think that I’m not. But I think your lawyer buddy has the wrong dude anyway, a cursory search of Rafael Stone shows that he has no tats on his arms or legs.

And I can’t imagine soft-spoken Stone being an ******* anyway…

19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Yeah The Spurs handled the Kawhi Leonard situation incredibly well right? They totally didn't just lose their franchise player for nothing and is now in a mediocrity treadmill

DaDakota likes this.
  20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Could be...could be.....he was pretty adamant though....

DD