1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andre Johnson - HOF 2022 Nominee

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rockets34Legend, Sep 22, 2021.

1. Buck Turgidson

Yes. David Carr being a lazy guy who loved to sit on the couch and read the Good Book but not the Good Playbook set the franchise back a decade, if not more.

eta: and frankly AJ80 deserves to go into the Hall just for what he did to Corland Finnegan

RunninRaven and Two Sandwiches like this.
  2. Slyonebluejay

Slyonebluejay Member
    Supporting Member

Seeing the video, they show the starting lineup. I miss some of those offensive linemen we had

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  3. liveguy

liveguy Member

He wasn't lying.

He's the poster child for that. LITERALLY!

4. PhiSlammaJamma

Is he going in as a Titan?

He's worthy statistically. Is he memorable, not so much.

raining threes likes this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Bending the knee and sitting next to Cal worked I see…good for Dre.

Wonder if he blast the Texans franchise at the ceremony…

raining threes and whag00 like this.
  7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Hope he gets in. If he played with Manning or something I believe he would have put up like 2nd all time numbers. Dude was the prototypical WR. Complete.

Catching. Speed. Size. Had it all. It is a shame the Texans never could get him that elite QB.

8. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

It would be really awesome for Dre to get in. Not sure if he will get in 1st ballot- but this is a huge development in his HOF bid.

There’s also this^^^ from Dre. Although he’s primarily talking about his respect for Bob, part of me hopes that he still stays in contact with the organization. Maybe now that Dre has a better understanding of what was really going on with the Deshaun situation and that whole ordeal, Dre will be around more often. It would be awesome for him to be the first Texan into the HOF. He, alone, was a big reason many fans tuned into games in the early years.

ROXRAN and raining threes like this.
  9. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Its rare for WR to go in on the first ballot so I do think he will eventually get in I wouldn't expect it this year.

DonnyMost and raining threes like this.
  10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I think he will get in. The first Texans hall of famer, Andre at least deserves that much spending so many years with us just to get phased out by shtty BoB.

cmoak1982 and Fulgore like this.
  11. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

They are saying all of the right things now but I would have been more impressed had he stood up for Bob McNair during the whole “inmates running the asylum” nonsense. He could have have singlehandedly ended the McNair is a racist nonsense by defending him when everyone else was bashing him…after all he was kind enough to add new money to his contract 3 years early even though he didn’t have to. It wasn’t McNair’s fault that Andre had his uncle negotiating his 2nd contract. But he made it right.

raining threes likes this.
  12. raining threes

Yep, but AJ isn't very good at being the guy that stands up, stands out in a crowd. It just isn't in his personality. He's just a quiet unassuming guy.

13. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Dre is a great dude that cares and if he didn’t he wouldn’t voice his feelings but I credit him for being willing to reach out and say I’m going to make the business relationship work and reassess his stance and be an example . Definitely worthy

14. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

For everybody saying imagine Andre with Brady or Rodgers or Manning and this and that…don’t y’all think every damn WR says the same smh…

15. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

16. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

BS

cmoak1982 likes this.
  17. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Seeing Boselli's name on there makes me want to puke. Just dredges up the waste of a #1 pick in the expansion draft.

primtim24, cmoak1982 and Fulgore like this.
  18. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Considering they were the only team "drafting" how did it hurt them (this is an honest question by the way)

UTSA2step likes this.
  19. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Drafting a serviceable player would have helped. Wasting that freebie pick hurt the teams early development.

Rockets34Legend and STR8Thugg like this.
  20. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Dre not making it really sucks. Hester not making it is criminal.

Pro Football HOF is so stupid. Hester is the best returner in the history of the game. He's the best player that ever played his position. If voters are going to troll like that, then they might as well not allow returners in the HOF.

Hope Dre eventually gets in, and I think he will, but it blows to get that close and come up short.

cmoak1982 likes this.