1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wood and KPJ Suspended

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vator, Jan 3, 2022.

1. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

I don’t think wood was getting traded anyway. Not this season anyway.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Lucky it isn’t longer

3. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

At this point the organization has to look at moving these guys. They aren’t the roadmap to success and it’s apparent. Unfitting they both have a year left.

4. xaos

xaos Member

LOL!

5. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Kpj was basically given to us for free….. I don’t think any team is trading anything if value for him now. I’m cool with just continuing to wvalue kpj for the year. He either shows clear improvement or don’t pick up the option

6. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets started damage control right after the game.... they have down played the entire incident since it happened, they have Feigen and now McMahon on it making sure to include BS crap the team wants in the stories.... what a joke.

7. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Just as I said in another thread. KPJ will likely be back starting next game.

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

What I expected. The big question though is a demotion in role for KPJ first to a backup role, and a short leash to bench Wood if he comes in again and plays selfish low effort basketball.

I care more about that than I do the suspension to be honest. Both guys play like they think they just won two titles and constantly act like the team isn’t down 20+ when they celebrate unconsciously any time they touch the rim.

Both would have a long career if they played humble and hungry realizing that the NBA needs more Chandler Parsons’ with the Rockets than Chandler Parsons’ with the Mavs. The biggest intangible value data point would be the ability to measure humility. We can call it the CP metric.

9. Nook

Nook Member

They wouldn't have been punished at all (missing games) had it not been leaked by a disgruntled player.

10. a time to chill

But I thought Silas said KPJ couldn't play because of his thigh contusion flaring up again? This suspension makes no sense!

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Good at least the Org is doing something - and they are missing a paycheck with this suspension.

Is it harsh enough? It is a weird situation, if they are not part of the team going forward we need to showcase them - and need to play them.

This team is going nowhere, so will make some wonky decisions because of it.

Whatever.

DD

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Well at least there is that.

DD

UTSA2step likes this.
  14. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Spill it, who was the disgruntled player

15. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

where are you getting all this information? Which disgruntled player?

cmoak1982 likes this.
  16. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Punishment should've been let them play against 76ers to be humiliated and then suspend them against the next horrible team so they can't stat pad

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

For cutting class you are suspended from school for one entire day.

18. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

The issue is that weve given him a big role so lets say he becomes good. His issues will screw us if he cant keep them in check. I agree we shoud keep him but I would be more comfortable if he were a 6th man.

19. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Pretty solid take. Whether its one game or 5 what difference does it make. So many on this board just want to throw out the baby with the bath water. Both are talented players with personality issues counter productive to team-work. Hopefully, KPJ can get his life turned around and Wood can get his trade value up and overcome his lazy attitude. Either way, the Rockets should give them a chance.

UTSA2step and DaDakota like this.
  20. Nook

Nook Member

I don't know who the player is that leaked it, but the organization believes it came from a player on the team.

They do not think it came from a coach on the staff.

I am getting it from the tooth fairy.