1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. loses temper, leaves Toyota Center during 2nd half

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jan 1, 2022.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

2. xaos

xaos Member

Great post!

glimmertwins and backwardhead like this.
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You are a KPj hater and you predicted nothing.

stop gloating as our team burns kid.

DD

Os Trigonum and Squirtle like this.
  4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

of course I change my mind as evidence comes in, and I said if it is true.

can’t be afraid of a growth mindset.

DD

cmlmel77 likes this.
  5. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

He may be talking about me, we got into a back-and-fourth in a different thread where I said I thought Stone deserved a share of the blame for signing Theis, regarding the whole debacle with playing two centers. So I have defended him, I think in general he gets too much hate around here, but I don't think he's a good coach.

eliefor3 and Nook like this.
  6. kkthksbai

kkthksbai Member

Amazing that JL can have such a level head. He really is the guy for the job. A real professional. Things get hairy I know JL got me.

7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

There are so many current and former players who say things like this about John. It makes a lot of the overconfident armchair coaching posts here on CFs a little embarrassing.

ipaman and Dobbizzle like this.
  8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Idk if I'm ready to outright cut the guy yet, but he should be disciplined harshly. I can't believe nothing has been announced yet.

Dobbizzle and Joe Rocket like this.
  9. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

"Be hard to come up with a list when one doesn't exist anyway." LOL Yeah cuz this statement isnt argumentative or trollish at all. You clearly dont like what I said and are looking for an argument. The truth is I dont give a **** what you think and by making comments like this you just get added to my ignore list. Im no longer fighting with idiots on here. Have a nice life.

10. kkthksbai

kkthksbai Member

It shows the difference between a professional and the average forum poster. No wild emotional swings at the drop of a hat just a metered logical approach.

11. crenshaw

crenshaw Member

Agree with this, except for the part that this was supposed to be a KPJ and Jalen show for the years to come.

We lucked out on this year's draft, Jalen has star potential, Alpy is the surprise cornerstone and JC a potential twoway starter-6th man player. This haul is enough for me to not GAF about next year's draft. Im good with riding with these kids along with the hope of landing an allstar that will complement them in year 2.

Dobbizzle and cmoak1982 like this.
  12. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

I agree I dont think we should just throw him away but IMO he shouldnt be a starting point guard. His temper was one of my biggest concerns. I think its just too much pressure on him. I dont think the Rockets will trade him or bench him though. I think he'll still start and get his position back after serving some type of punishment.

Milos likes this.
  13. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I come back from being stranded in Tahoe and the snowstorm and see this happening? Kudos to Lucas for keeping it real.

ROXTXIA, xaos and conquistador#11 like this.
  14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

totally agree, but when they start hurting the team you’ve got to decisively cut bait. And it sounds like they’ve been exhibiting poor behavior for a while now.

cmoak1982 and glimmertwins like this.
  15. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Antonio Brown’s tantrum is the latest of like 30 incidents that are distractions to his team or outright illegal. Don’t act like the context for KPJ and AB were anywhere close to the same - that’s dumb and you know it. Be better.

16. Xopher

Xopher Member

John Lucas as a mentor. That's great. Good man. Please tell me when Reg Butler had Lucas as an ASSISTANT COACH in the lockeroom when the HEAD COACH was too much of a p*ssy to call out the players and Lucas made the head coach look like a b*tch. No wonder thus team is like this. The head coach is trying to play "good cop, bad cop"

17. xaos

xaos Member

Hopefully your day gets better! That sucks

steddinotayto likes this.
  18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I can't tell you that, but here's what I will tell you: there are a lot of assumptions being made here for some reason

19. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

I don't know if he is or isn't working on his issues. That's why I said I don't have enough information to say what I'd do. And I am sure that you do know a bunch of people like KPJ. A lot of people have issues that they do and don't work on and sometimes their issues stem from mental health issues. Saying someone gets or it doesn't get it is too simple of a way to look at it for everyone.

Dennis Rodman never became great at handling things but the Bulls found a way to work with him and it benefited them greatly in the long term. The Rockets have to figure out if they can find a way to work with KPJ.

20. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Thanks! Let's just say I'm never going back to Tahoe. Driving 8.5 hours to cover 50 miles on one ill-fitting snow chain because the other one broke off is not my idea of a Christmas vacation.