1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KPJ and Wood - Should we trade them?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cutty312, Jan 2, 2022.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Does a bear **** in the woods?

2. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

KPJ is just as much as a cancer to a young team as Woods is. Get rid of them both.

Richie_Rich and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  3. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

I don’t think they should give up on KPJ. He still has issues but has come a long way. Talent wise he’s also improved and has more potential for growth. The Rockets really need to look into getting him some real help with a licensed professional.

4. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

He has the same issues he had on the Cavs. Come along way how?

Lemonte likes this.
  5. conquistador#11

Did someone say straight up menace?

I'm in to0 deep. I just done killed a mother f'er and I can't sleep.
    One time is tryin' to do a smooth, creep.

jch1911 and BonziWellsGOAT like this.
  6. MystikArkitect

They should probably get him his own RV/bus to travel to games. That should help his mental situation.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Not really, but I do understand why Green fans want him gone, afraid someone else might steal some of his shine.

Looking at it as a Rockets fan, he's an overly emotional, immature, but highly talented player. If you can keep his emotions in check, it helps everyone. I will forgive someone for being overly competitive and caring about the game too much leading to outburst, I can't forgive a player sabotaging his own team or not caring.

KPJ's issue came from him caring too much. He wants to play, he wants to win. He wants it so much it got him in trouble. Every team needs players who care that much.....he just has to grow up and learn how to control those emotions.

He could end up being the next Vernon Maxwell, a promising career derailed by never getting those emotions in check, but he could also become great.

You don't rob the team of that if you can help it. A good KPJ makes the entire team better.

Little Bit, Plowman and DatRocketFan like this.
  8. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Rockets FO always seems to miss peak trade value. Wood wasn’t going to fit the timeline anyway. Should’ve traded him before the draft. His value has done nothing but fallen since then. I don’t know what they’re doing with Gordon waiting for him to get hurt before the deadline again?

#28 tmoney1101, Jan 2, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
  9. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Why do you think Cav's asked him to stay away from the team then? Why they give him away for peanuts? His issues does not come from him caring too much.

10. bj3175

bj3175 Member

exactly

11. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Aside from your anti Green fan conspiracy mumbo-jumbo, I agree.

Folks that are against tanking but want to get rid of a youngin who's fault for throwing a tantrum based on the desire to win/can't handle untimely criticism is weird.

U punish him for leaving without punishment not bc of his desire to win. U trade wood cause he has no desire to play for the team.

No Worries likes this.
  12. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Wood has elite skills but he just doesn't have the IQ like Sengun to play this game at the level his skills demands.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They gave up on him, probably becuase they didn't see the upside, only the struggles.

His issue last night was caused, in part, by Wood sabotaging the team. It came from being called out alongside a trash player who was intentionaly tanking the team becuase he was butt hurt about getting benched for missing a mandatory covid test window.

KPJ only left after he was told he wasn't going to be allowed to play the 2nd half....despite the fact that the POS who was tanking the team on purpose was going to be allowed to play.

There was more to it than that, but him caring too much is absolutley one of the bigger problems. It's really difficult for overly emotional players to deal with teammates who don't care. It gets them worked up. When you have teammates who don't care along with incompetent coaches, it leads to outbursts in players not mature enough to deal with that emotion.

vator likes this.
  14. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

It's EASIER to bring in a new coach, than to trade players.

Monkeychef02 likes this.
  15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think it goes beyond that though, he also doesn't have the desire. Last night wasn't the first night he refused to give effort on the court as part of a temper tantrum.

I've got no time for players who withold effort for ANY reason. That's just something you'd never do if you have ANY competitive fire about you.

vator and bj3175 like this.
  16. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

he does not throw soup anymore.

17. xaos

xaos Member

Been saying trade Wood for a while. KPJ still has hope and is worth rooting for

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Ask Don Chaney about that.

19. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I think you punish kpj and get rid of wood. Kpj has maturity issues which you knew. Wood has effort issues which you can't do anything about.

Kpj should be suspended and then told he will come off the bench until he earns a starting spot, if he can't get behind it then peace

20. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

they also had other prospects they could invest on and throwing soup is somewhat a big deal.