1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wood punished for breaking a team rule

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Jan 1, 2022.

1. csc177

csc177 Member

Get this skinny, entitled chump TFOH.

#121 csc177, Jan 2, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
  2. Rockets4Life13

I’ve grown to HATE Christian Wood

3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Silas will destroy all the value we have... ha already made alperen into a problematic player and the kid has a superstar potential

4. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Lol there's been several incidents.

csc177 likes this.
  5. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

this is true, but not in Houston.

I think he's shown improvement both in play and in conduct since being here. There will be some more bumps along the way but I'm willing to give him a couple more chances.

I've been critical of him as a PG but I think its worth training him to be one for the duration of his contract, and then assessing what type of extension (if any) is beneficial to the team's future.

If he proves to be a distraction the season and next then maybe its not the culture we're building. maybe he figures it out. hopefully he does.

6. koby1868

koby1868 Member

None since he arrived to Houston. Zero until now.

7. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Via the Athletic:
    Wood was late to pregame warmups and came off the bench to start the game, but he informed coaches at halftime that he had no desire to play in the second half, sources said.

https://theathletic.com/news/rocket...ohn-lucas-sources/GbfkQ7ad2oSI/?source=fbnews

jcmoon likes this.
  8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Not true.

1) the strip club incident
    2) him yelling at coaches during practice and getting into it with wood
    3) now he's allegedly throwing chairs?

Not to mention, just watch the decisions he's making on the court. I was at the Heat game, him ignoring passing to green so he could get rejected by the rim -- then refusing to shoot a wide open 3 then not passing the ball. He's an idiot, man.

**** this dude.

Mr Woods, vator and csc177 like this.
  9. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

See my other post.

10. mightybosstone

If I wasn't already 100% on the "get Wood out of here bandwagon," I definitely am now. But you can't rush it and move him right after his value tanked.

If they need to punish him with a fine, suspension or benching, and let him earn the team's trust again, do it. There's still time to build his value back up to where this will be mostly forgotten before the trade deadline. But rushing a deal now might be a mistake.

11. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I would be okay with fans booing Wood if Silas is weak enough to play him again. And I don’t believe fans should be booing their own team.

12. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Yeah there's another league for his antics and it's called the WNBA. Get that weak a$$ BS out our city.

13. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

He has a little Vernon Maxwell in him, I thought that is what everyone missed on this team?

14. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

WNBA catching strays for the actions of entitled grown men?

15. Radricky

Radricky Member

What happened at the booby trap?
    I legit don't remember who started it

16. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Yes and he needs to be heavily disciplined. Think about this... He's late to a covid test and pregame warmups... comes off the bench after being granted to play when he shouldn't have then plays like he's in the WNBA. Gets mad at halftime because somebody was man enough to tell you your playing like a girl. Now like a little girl you don't want to play. Well take your weak a$$ where you belong then.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is Kevin Porter and he does not play much Defense.

18. csc177

csc177 Member

You beat me to it, people pick and choose what they want to remember to fit their narrative.

New team, same erratic immature kid. It was only a matter of time before he showed his face again. We’re looking for a young leader as we rebuild. He ain’t it - even as skilled as he his.

seclusion likes this.
  19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

our reliable insider nook has already revealed that porter’s been a problem even before this game with coaches/players wanting him off the team. i’m all for cutting him today. and trading wood asap

20. vator

vator Contributing Member

Vernon Maxwell’s “crazy” also manifested itself on the court with fiery competitiveness up until the very end until he got himself run out of town…by quitting on the team.

#140 vator, Jan 2, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
    jimmyv281 likes this.