1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

Kevin Porter Jr. loses temper, leaves Toyota Center during 2nd half

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jan 1, 2022.

1. spm_fan

spm_fan Member

I wonder what John Wall thinks of all this. He kind of strikes me as a guy who doesn't really care about the team or situation and just wants out lol. Or maybe he really cares about the young guys and is trying to mentor them. Who knows, I'm just imagining such an awkward locker room dynamic with Porter doing what hes doing, Wood being Wood, and Wall not playing and trying to get traded.

BonziWellsGOAT and Dobbizzle like this.
  2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Sucks for him and for us. I'm sure he wishes he didn't react that way but sometimes leaving is better than damaging things.

burlesk likes this.
  3. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Im i the only one who think people should get rid of KPJ after this is over reacting? Dude lost his cool and should be punished for sure. But to cut him based on this? Maybe im just too naive, but i assumed **** like this happens in locker rooms all the time. Ive lost track of the amount of times ive lost my **** at someone growning up playing sport.

I get that this is in noooo way the same thing. And leaving the arena may have crossed a line. But a 20 year old guy. Who has had troubles in the past, lost his ****. Big deal. I think having a temper tantrum once a year seems like a fine pay off.

Im not gunna speculate about the locker room. I have no idea. But all reports up until this incident has been pretty much A+. So i think KPJ gets a reprieve out of this. Punished? Absolutely. Cut? Traded? Nah. I dont think the league is like that anymore anyway. I think theres a bigger emphasis on players mental health then there ever has been. And thats an absolute positive.

If it happens again. If it escalates, if he loses the team because of it? Then sure. Maybe you cut your loses. Im just not 100% sure thats the case.

Wood, however. Even though his blow up wasnt as "massive" as KPJs, this has been a regular occurrence for him. I can think of two other times hes done this sulking act. That, along with his general fit here, the fact he came to play with Harden, how he thinks of himself as a superstar/max player.. thats more of a basketball AND personal problem. I can see him being moved sooner than later.

jcmoon, sydmill, Emtenndo and 6 others like this.
  4. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

Earlier this season, word had it that he barely even spoke to KPJ.

spm_fan and burlesk like this.
  5. omgTHEpotential

"Threw an object" sounds interesting. Was it a towel? Or a glass bottle?

6. VoR

VoR Member

These boys had too much to drink on NYE, that’s what’s not being said here.

jcmoon and daywalker02 like this.
  7. koby1868

koby1868 Member

Everyone is quick to jump on the cut/trade KPJ train instead of putting some blame on Silas and the incompetent coaching staff we currently have. Wouldn't you be mad if you were 3/3 to start the first with a few assists and then sit 8 straight minutes on a trash rotation as the game got away from us. It's called frustration. I'm sure there will be more to come on the story but KPJ is very talented and also very raw. Played very limited minutes his entire career and it takes time to transition into a new position and role as a "leader". It's not time to give up on the kid. Couple game suspension to send a message.

Tillman needs to reassess Silas and this staff. I get we want to lose but do it while competing. He makes no adjustments. We put scrubs out there tonight. It's time to move Gordon, Wood, Theis and some of these other guys to bring in younger pieces that make sense with our group.

red5rocket and aaquaa like this.
  8. omgTHEpotential

Dude, these guys aren't even near the level of someone like Harden to be pulling **** like this. Just get rid of them, or make them issue a public apology.

9. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

Then how come KPJ also had similar temper/attitude problems with his previous team?

10. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Tell me you don't watch basketball without telling me.

Wall has averaged 10assists a game 3 times in his career, he averages around 20pts for his career and was never a high volume scorer. Imagine saying this as if you had any leg to stand on. Rondo, Harden, LeBron, Westbrook, Paul, Nash and Wall - list of people to average over 10 assists a game in the last 10 years, Wall did it 3 times. Nice try though, shame it made you look stupid.

PeterKingX likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Champagne.

Hahaha

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I would get rid of Tilman too if it were possible while we are at it.

Impossible.

14. omgTHEpotential

Tyreke Evans 2.0 :(

15. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Do you not think from day one the Rockets have had someone doing just that with KPJ?

The dude is a basket case - who throws a bowl of soup because your locker was changed - surely the Rockets knew they needed to handle him with kiddy gloves and have been doing so since day one?

16. fattz

fattz Member

LaBron was in this kids ear after the Lakers game…

Rudyc281 likes this.
  17. fattz

fattz Member

Where is Silas?

18. fattz

fattz Member

Happy New Year!

19. fattz

fattz Member

Wood’s trade value?

Stone this one is on you, IMO.

20. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I applaud John Lucas for doing what needed to be done. Wood and Porter Jr can go. They won't be in the league that much longer anyway.