1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We have to get rid of KPJ

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htownfan_9210, Nov 7, 2021.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Good thread. Get rid of this kid.

xtruroyaltyx and Jontro like this.
  2. Jontro

Jontro Member

i guess now we gotta trade kjp and green away for frps.

it's jaygup time now
    @Williamson pls confirm

Williamson and daywalker02 like this.
  3. Sengun

Sengun Member

Mental boom players are unlikely to recover. Did you expect a player kicked from the Cavs for indiscipline to be Jesus in Houston?

Guys like this always let you down. Kick him out now!

aaquaa and Jontro like this.
  4. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

Trading him right now would be moronic - not that Sengun only fans would care, but the Rockets would get no return. Even if you want him gone, let him come back and play well so he has some value. He already apologized.

Easy and Grizzlyshark like this.
  5. Lemonte

Lemonte Member

I haven't read all these posts. So I may be repeating stuff. But....The Cleveland Cavaliers drafted KPJ high. He had emotional problems there. So the Cavaliers got rid of him for pennies on the dollar. When a team gets rid of a player like that ti is a clear sign that dude has serious emotional problems. So it is no big surprise that he is doing it again with the Rockets.

6. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

He'll be okay

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Pull my KPJ receipts. I was right about him %100

8. xaos

xaos Member

KPJ has talent worth the gamble, but his time is running out (1 season?), unfortunately. There's a reason Rockets prioritized KPJs development over Green's; they want to know if KPJ is a building block or not sooner rather than later.

daywalker02 and csc177 like this.
  9. csc177

csc177 Member

KP has to go. He’s not good enough to have to put up with a grown man temper tantrums. If he was a superstar in the making I’d deal with it but he’s not.

All that talent and the Cavs still cut the plug.

We are trying to save someone who can’t be saved. Potential through the roof but he’ll never be who we want him to be due to what’s between the ears.

….get a real point guard and build around JG

vator likes this.
  10. xaos

xaos Member

I want KPJ to succeed really bad, but if we land a top 5 pick and Smith is taken it's going to be real hard to pass up on an Ivey/Green backcourt.

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

[​IMG]

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  12. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Never liked him.

vator likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am Williamson 2.0 undercover.

Confirmed.

Green has fancy clothes and nail polish, kept.

#593 daywalker02, Jan 2, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
    Jontro likes this.
  14. PatBev

PatBev Member

Really hope we don’t give up on the kid. As someone who has been through rehabs, and trying to overcome addictions, your early 20’s can be a ****ed up time. Unless he starts getting arrested I wouldn’t give up on him yet

The organization also has a opportunity to change its image across the league if they continue working with him, unless he really starts to **** up

kkthksbai and xaos like this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Rockets could not even save themselves from mediocrity without Harden, they cannot save anyone unsavable at this point.

csc177 likes this.
  16. csc177

csc177 Member

Thankfully, we avoided the 100M salary nightmare so dump KP now.

17. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

He's the 30th pick, not a high pick. Green, Sengun, Christopher and Garuba were all drafted higher than KPJ was.

Richie_Rich and seclusion like this.
  18. koby1868

koby1868 Member

One incident and you guys are ready to write them off. Unreal.

19. vator

vator Contributing Member

Yup. Guilty.

I don’t believe it’s just one thing or one incident and they’ve been babying this grown ass man for a year and when he gets shown tough love and hard coaching for the first time from the man on the coaching staff that is closest to him and been probably something like a father figure, he has a public meltdown and literally runs away from home. He deserted his team in the middle of a game. Where do they do that at? Who does that? How can you have a leader on your team with an immature AND volatile personality, a bipolar demeanor where people walk on eggshells around him trying to gauge his mood for the day, AND isn’t receptive to putting in extra work or being coached? He’s not good enough to coddle to this extent.

20. csc177

csc177 Member

Breaking news: KP has apologized for his actions all is well now. Lol. While he might be forgiven, I think he has already squandered his chance at being included in the future plans. You can’t invest millions in someone that unstable and erratic, especially when you’re looking for a young leader.

Easy, vator and AroundTheWorld like this.