1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Get Christian Wood the Hell outta here ASAP for AMAP!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Dec 28, 2021.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

2. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

[Following my own post] Yep, it isnt just Wood. Add KJP to it too :). I didnt say Wood doesnt deserve criticisms. I only questioned the one part about him "not contributing to winning" on a team that we prefer to lose.

That would mean having a younger Jarret Allen at $20 mil for 5 years is better. But is it really, for a rebuild through the draft?

Past that, yeah an all out head case isnt cool

fckbandwagons and Easy like this.
  3. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Maybe the silver lining here is that all the coverage of what happened is headlining KPJ and throwing in Wood being benched as a smaller part of the story? Hopefully Wood can stay composed for three more weeks and put out some good tape.

BallaDoc likes this.
  4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

we can’t let Wood on the floor again in a rockets uni. $10 mil a year to quit on his team and a big FU to Houston? No way man.

juanming and aaquaa like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Or the danger that he throws his wood at women in the stands.

juanming, aaquaa and Aruba77 like this.
  6. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

I’m more upset about Wood potentially hurting his trade value than I am about his antics, specifically.

I never felt like he would be a long-term rocket.
    Get him outta here before he does more damage to his value, but get something sufficient, Stone.

BallaDoc, juanming and AroundTheWorld like this.
  7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I don't think it's possible to still get A MAP for Christian Wood.

The boy no longer has cartographic value.

Corrosion, KingCheetah and Milos like this.
  8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

10. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

Another one. This is beyond embarrassing and infuriating. Not sure how anyone can defend this dude.

F*** his 20 and 10.

11. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Is this guy an insider?

12. Nook

Nook Member

There are a lot of issues and blame to go around concerning Wood.

First, Wood is not going to focus and do what he is supposed to do defensively if he isn't held accountable by the coach. His break out with the Pistons happened after Dwayne Casey would pull him from the game every single time that he made a focus mistake defensively or blew an assignment. Wood has to be held accountable.

Second, part of the problem is that multiple players are making mistakes defensively, so it is hard to hold Wood accountable when most of his teammates are making mistakes repeatedly, and it becomes more complicated for Wood; a player that really doesn't have a high defensive aptitude.

Third, Silas doesn't hold Wood accountable at all.... nor does he hold most of the rest of the roster accountable. The players that have improved, such as Green and Christopher, have done so because of hard work and their own motivation.

13. vator

vator Contributing Member

Wood is out of control. This man needs to be stopped. He’s a damn menace. He’s just flat out attacking his teammates now. I hope they put up all the soup in the locker room after this incident. KPJ don’t play that.

fckbandwagons likes this.
  14. Rokman

Rokman Member

Can we trade Christian Wood for the ghost of Shane Battier?

Corrosion likes this.
  15. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Imagine actually checking your own player to the floor? Mental.

16. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

**** it, give Battier a 10-day. Guarantee even as an old man he'd make the defense better on his prep and study of tape alone.

17. nemac

nemac Member

hahaha, they still doing Shaqtin?

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Wood really trying to get stabbed by a dumpster.

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hope these clips don't get shared too much, it just tanks his value. Maybe other GM's already know what a defensive liability he is.

It's ironic we thought we were getting a steal when we got him and now everyone sees his stats as empty carbs.

Personally, I don't think wood is that bad as everyone makes him out to be - a lot of his issues stem from being on a really bad team. Wood needs to play on a playoff team where he won't be able to get away with some of his shenanigans. It's just not the right fit with the Rockets.

Hopefully he gets traded soon.

joshuaao, Corrosion and Easy like this.
  20. Milos

Milos Member

100%

I began this year thinking our top priority for the season should be developing the young pieces with core potential, making sure the overpaid vets don't get in the way

Followed closely by ensuring we are in the proper draft position to secure at least one more potential cornerstone this summer

I'm now convinced that establishing a culture of accountability, professionalism, personal sacrifice for team success, and dedication to playing both ends supercedes all other priorities going forward

Doesn't matter how many talented young players we collect if their development isn't molding them into the type of players that play the way I spelled out above

Watching the Cavs ascend as we digress makes me envy Cleveland fans ...
    Something I never dreamed I would ever feel

Starts at the top with management
    I'm talking to YOU TILMAN!!!

Shark44 and BallaDoc like this.