1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. loses temper, leaves Toyota Center during 2nd half

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jan 1, 2022.

1. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

The thing you're not getting is that Lucas is a straight shooter who has NEVER tried to hide his mistakes. (The internet won't allow it now anyways) Besides If Lucas is criticizing his play then that's well inbounds as a coach, as long as it wasn't personal. You can't freaking leave the arena, no matter what., especially when you want HUGE $$$ on the upcoming contract and you've already screwed up. You're going to screw yourself over an assistant coach? This kid is stupid, toxic and there are too many young guys on the roster to allow this behavior. If the Rockets are smart, they should cut Porter Jr. & trade Wood.

2. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Deflect, deflect, deflect. Wow.

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm annoyed with all of it. Rockets have too many rookies for the vet players to be acting this way.. I don't want to salvage any of it. Just play everyone who can't drink yet!

ElPigto likes this.
  4. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

…that's too much, where did yo find this
    the mug shot like he need someone bailing him out

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Pretty much what I expected.

No Worries, Rocket River and JamesC like this.
  6. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Lead many things actually, nice try though. Everybody can see your deflections, I don't have to defend my credibility against a guy who is so much of an apologist they bring up a reformed addict's coke habit from 3+ decades ago. You're one of the most hypocritical posters I've ever encountered. slam everybody except Porter, right? You're so transparent with these posts it's actually tragic.

Richie_Rich and aaquaa like this.
  7. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

8. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

So he's staying....damn it.

matchesmalone likes this.
  9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

There is an internal calculus - how talented is he, will he get better, or is this a permanent issue?

When Lebron says he is an up and coming player - you tend to give those guys a little more leeway.

Now of course there is a point in which you cut ties, but we are losing anyway, what does it matter if he gets pissed off, we are trying to lose the games anyway, right?

I can understand frustration from players when they are being singled out when the entire team is pretty bad overall - and maybe the players don't think the coach knows what he is doing.

This is not college, HS or Jr. High, these are men who know what is going on.

As for KPJ I see a very smart and talented unique player - whom you give more chances to as he matures...but if he doesn't. you cut him loose.....we aren't there yet.

https://theathletic.com/news/rocket...th-assistant-john-lucas-sources/GbfkQ7ad2oSI/

And he is apologetic...**** happens move on.

DD

red5rocket likes this.
  10. CCorn

CCorn Member

I’d respect a person for turning their life around just as much as I’d respect someone who never ran into any trouble.

This is a stupid comment by you. It’s not like you’ve never made a mistake.

11. Alleyoopsy

Alleyoopsy Member

If his outbursts were over Silas's rotations he shouldn't apologize

#171 Alleyoopsy, Jan 2, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
  12. Aware

Aware Member

I would like the rockets to continue working with kpj but i'm not gonna lose sleep over him being released if thats the way things go. It be like that sometimes.

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

14. DaDakota

Oh please - regale us with all that you have led......please, let us know when people have followed you.

Have you coached teams? Have you owned companies? have you led people?

Please let us all know what a leader you are....so we can respect you.

DD

15. Alleyoopsy

Alleyoopsy Member

Meant to edit woops

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Wow and still Silas took all the blame in the media for KPJ and Wood's buffoonery.

mikol13 and matchesmalone like this.
  17. DaDakota

Of course, but you have to know that the players KNOW that Lucas was a **** Up and screwed his own career over with cocaine.....

It undermines his credibility.....he should be a consultant not on our staff....

Honestly these blow ups happen all the time on crappy teams, I am more concerned with Wood's behavior tbh.

DD

18. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

His agent must be the first one flaring up…
    a potentially 20mil contract n 2 yr effort going into the drain.
    They must have given him an immediate PR support esp a writing of letter of apology.
    [​IMG]

aaquaa and DaDakota like this.
  19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It could be for the best. KPJ is an immature and highly emotional kid who REALLY cares about the game. That's what led to tonight. You can work with someone like that......but they have to learn how to control themselves.

You can't work with anyone like Wood that would actively sabotage the team by intentionally playing without effort or refuse to check in the game altogether. You just have to dump that trash as quickly as possible.

aaquaa and DaDakota like this.
  20. CCorn

CCorn Member

How does it undermine his credibility? He witnessed what a player can do first hand. He’s way more qualified to talk about it than Silas.

Richie_Rich, aaquaa and groovemachine like this.