1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. loses temper, leaves Toyota Center during 2nd half

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jan 1, 2022.

1. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

2. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Yeah I was in kpj corne as I seen him as a young cornerstone but if he can’t have bette Eloise and control than that than cut him. Don’t make a mistake and duplicate the same no accountability culture you created with harden. Send a message

jcmoon likes this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Porter became upset after assistant coach John Lucas challenged him, revisiting an issue that led to Porter losing his composure on the bench during the first half, sources said.

The Rockets announced during the second half that Porter was questionable to return due to his left thigh being evaluated. Porter has been bothered for weeks by a left thigh contusion, causing him to miss several games, but that was not the issue that led to his absence after halftime, according to sources.

A source said that potential discipline, if any, for Porter has yet to be determined.

4. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I don’t blame Silas for this.

He’s not losing the team considering only two bad apples acting like idiots.

Wood missing mandatory Covid testing and KPJ being a headcase.

Everyone else at least went out there and played hard.
    The Rockets need to act swiftly and address this.

Wood can maybe make a public apology and be forgiven but KPJ flat out isn’t worth any of this trouble.

Now if they don’t punish these guys then the locker room will revolt.

5. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

dunt know who the hell wood n KPj angry with, maybe silas maybe the front office, anyway nobody wanna lose games like this, there must be something we fans dunt know brewing in the locker room for too long.

burlesk and Roomba like this.
  6. HardenVolumeOne

john wall is the last guy you want leading your young players.. Didnt bradley beal make this guy famous with the "everybody eats" line

wall was selfish and got into arguments with marcin gortat. Dude wore out his welcome in dc

Tuckankhamun and harold bingo like this.
  7. wlekfjv923n

wlekfjv923n Member

Hope he realizes this is his last chance to really making it in the NBA. He messes up this situation with the Rockets, he might not get another chance with an NBA team. He's a good dude with lots of talent. Just lost his cool, but just gotta come back to the team, admit to the wrong, and continue the character building. Not too late

Jayzers_100 and burlesk like this.
  8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Oviously still suffering from a hangover...

9. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Hahahaha this clown makes it too easy.

My prediction about him not being a Rocket to end next season looks spot on.

You know you're an absolute clown/nut case when you're that talented, and that young... and you're about to be exiled from your second team.

Dude is heading down the Delonte West path quick smart.

10. JW86

JW86 Member

Watch this being spun in a way that makes both look less bad and they will continue to play big minutes. I’m tired of the drama, both can leave.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Porter lost his temper after the team’s poor first half and reacted when Stephen Silas and assistant coach John Lucas were critical of the team’s play.

Porter left when it was clear that he was not going to play in the second half given his emotions at the time, the individual said.

12. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I feel like you need to take that back!

Mad Max exuded heart.

KPJ wouldn't know how to spell that word, let alone have any of it.

aaquaa, pippendagimp and Richie_Rich like this.
  13. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

John Lucas calls out the one guy who had started the game in great form and was brought down by Silas subbing him out way too early in the first quarter and bringing him back way too late in the second quarter. I'd be angry as well with inept coaching like that as well

14. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

John Lucas calls out the one guy who had started the game in great form and was brought down by Silas subbing him out way too early in the first quarter and bringing him back way too late in the second quarter. I'd be angry as well with inept coaching like that as well

Joe Rocket and DaDakota like this.
  15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

DD was hyping KPJ all last week. The curse is real.. All DD's favorites evaporate. Garry still has Omarion.

Joe Rocket, slothy420, JeffB and 13 others like this.
  16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Losing sucks - it drains people.

Let's see how they respond to this, could be that it sets a better course.......but I think if you have weak leadership, this happens more often.

DD

fattz likes this.
  17. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

Wow.. now I dont know how his mental will deal with all the publicity of him leaving during middle of a game.

18. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Ok.

But I do blame Silas for being a terrible coach. Dude is completely in over his head.

19. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

You can call KPJ like he is. He pops off the screen based on the eye test, but his numbers have never ever supported his top prospect status. 54%>53%>48% true shooting the past three years, getting worse with time.

We knew this was his last chance in the NBA. He can respond to tonight by trying to make things right, but if he doesn't, he is an easy cut.

Wood has all the attributes you would dream about in a modern NBA big, and his numbers back it up. But the eye test is pretty damning; he just does so many boneheaded things, particularly on defense. Easiest call for Charles Barkley Knucklehead Status. He cannot be a top two player on a contending team.

So you bring Wood back, coddle him if necessary, get his numbers back up to where they were last year, and then trade him for the best piece you can get at the deadline.

20. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

So here's where I stand on this: we've all played basketball, and we've most likely all have been mad at coach for calling us out for some unfair ****. But to leave the game and essentially give up on the team--even if that wasn't your intention--is never a great look. I'm almost positive KPJ didn't walk out on the team, but to put himself above them and just head out is selfish.

But like I said before, I believe the team will give him another chance after this, it's a big deal but not the biggest of deals, and if he learns from this entire mini-saga then it'll have been beneficial to him long-term.