1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green has played 20 games so far, here is a look at his first 10 games vs. his last 10 games

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by flamingdts, Dec 29, 2021.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Green is really coming on, really glad that Lucas got that time to work with him, seems that getting that boo boo and the org using it as an excuse to keep them out and teach was a good thing.

DD

Bo6, Plowman, fchowd0311 and 2 others like this.
  2. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

It's amazing how dumb the comments on the front page are. Easily as bad as the Green will suck forever crowd.

1) Green was SIGNIFCANTLY better his second 10 games. That's great.

2) He clearly needs space to operate. It's possible that he can't play with 2 bigs in the lineup at all, which isn't exactly good news.

2) Mobley is averaging 8.3 rebs, 1.8 blocks, 2.4 assists, and ~16 ppg in 4 more minutes. He's clearly been the better player thus far, even if we tailored our personnel to suit Green earlier.

Guess what? It's okay that Mobley has been the better player. That doesn't mean he will always be the better player. You don't have to make moronic statements to prop Green up just because you were wrong on draft night. A lot of people are wrong on draft night every year.

Mobley was clearly more NBA ready. He's clearly capable of playing in a more diverse array of line ups. He also almost certainly doesn't have the raw scoring potential that Green does. Would anyone be surprised if Green had a 35, 40 point game this year after watching his second 10 games? I doubt it.

It's just amazing how the majority of posters on clutchfans have such major problems holding conflicting ideas in their minds, and they consistently look stupid, every single year, because of it. I've been on here for a while, and it's just amazing how the same people never seem to grow or improve their ability to reason.

fckbandwagons, Bo6, jogo and 6 others like this.
  3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I see all these bum-ass, chump-ass, lame-ass hoes that were trashing Jalen Green in these threads literally just a couple hours ago are coming around to seeing how truly dumb their takes were.

Just remember we see you..

we know who you are.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I am happy for Green, but I would still trade him for Mobley today.

:)

Would be great if we have a MJ and Hakeem situation here...where they are both great.

DD

#124 DaDakota, Dec 30, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2021
    Plowman and BelgianRocketsFan like this.
  5. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I think some (or a lot) of this blame needs to be directed towards Stone. He's the one that signed Theis. He gave Silas a team with Wood, Theis, and Sengun. What exactly is Silas supposed to do there? Wood obviously should be playing 30+ minutes, Theis was just acquired in the offseason, so he deserves minutes, and Stone traded up to draft Sengun. If, as you say, Jalen needs to play with only one center on the court, and Stone gave Silas 3 centers, what choice did he have? Wood 32 mins, Theis 10 mins, Sengun 6 mins? There's just not enough minutes to go around here unless you play double big lineups.

At the end of the day, as a head coach the GM is your boss. So think about what you would have done if you were a coach and you were handed this situation.

6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I'm happy with Green's progression, but part of what is making him look good is his hot shooting since coming back. The adjustment to his shot does seem to have helped create less moving parts in his shot, but he isn't going to shoot 50%+ from 3.

He seems to be figuring out defense which is a nice surprise. Overall, I generally like his decision making on the court overall and he feels like a player who can be great on offense without being ball dominant (unlike KPJ).

Excited to see how he does over the next 10 games.

daywalker02 and NewAge like this.
  7. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Who is? Has anybody ever actually done that over a season? I don't think I've ever heard of it...

Joe Rocket likes this.
  8. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

You dont deserve minutes because you were just acquired that is pure BS. The coach dictates the minutes if he was a good rotational coach Theis wouldnt be starting and it was obvious he should come off the bench from damn preseason. The minute you see Sengun in the summer league any normal person salivates at the possibilities and recognizes that we are rebuilding. Silas doesnt understand that we are compeletly rebuilding, still... He still doesnt get it and its been a long road just to get him to play the younger guys more. He only got to that place because of injuries and was like "oh he can play?" lol There is no excuse for Silas at all none. Im tired of the desperately contrived excuses for this man.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  9. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Only one person I believe he shot 66% and probably wouldve been kown as the greatest shooter ever if it wasnt for the fact that the 3 point line was created his last season. Dammit cant remember his name right now. No one else is even close though.

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Dobbizzle likes this.
  11. MystikArkitect

I'm pretty sure Evan Mobley is. Not gonna look up the stats but I'd be willing to bet my life on it.

DaDakota likes this.
  12. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Currently on 34%, let's hope he improves before the end of the season, I wouldn't want you to have to die over supporting players from other basketball teams ;) .

varughese.arun and apollo33 like this.
  13. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Guess we're gonna have to agree to disagree here. I don't think a whole lot of GMs would be happy if they acquired a player and paid him 9mil a year only to have his subordinate give that player DNP-CD's every night.

I'm not entirely sure what you're saying here, you say Theis should come off the bench? But so should Sengun? And we shouldn't play any double big lineups? How would you divide those minutes up? You want to play all three, but never play two at the same time?

14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

That was never part of the conversation. The conversation was the poster claiming Jalen Green is garbage because he averages 2 assists per game as a guard. And then when he got called out that Harden also had 2 assists per game as a rookie, he shut his mouth and started posting non-sequitur highlight videos of Harden.

Green's lack of assists now doesn't really mean much at this point as you said, he could still be good or bad.

vator and Dobbizzle like this.
  15. MystikArkitect

Was just regurgitating the Mobley does no wrong crowd lol.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  16. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Haha yeah I know, I definitely wasn't remotely being serious either (hence the wink emoji.)

17. TimDuncanDonaut

Uh oh.
    [​IMG]

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Well Green doesn’t play 48 minutes. So there are your minutes right there.

19. MystikArkitect

Heh yeah. Let's all check in to see how Mobley is doing when he's being relied on to take on the scoring load since Garland and Allen are both out. I'm sure the Cavs are doing just fine without them.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  20. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Green is looking great, I’m actually impressed he’s scoring as much as he is because most of the time he’s stuck in a corner watching rather than being allowed to facilitate. Which also explains his low assist numbers.

Nothing wrong with Mobley, Wagner, Barnes, Duarte also having strong seasons. There can be more than one great player in a draft. I still feel like Green will be the best in several years but arguing about that now is silly.

Joe Rocket likes this.