1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Get Christian Wood the Hell outta here ASAP for AMAP!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Dec 28, 2021.

1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

His weak/selfish @$$ needs to go. On top of the character/on court issues, I see he rolled an ankle at the end of the game.

Just highlights the need to move him while he's healthy.

CW will never be about winning games.
    I've actually come to despise him.

darksoul35, B-Bob, ACL1 and 23 others like this.
  2. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

3. Rockets4Life13

I have similar issues with him. I get so pissed off watching him that even after another game where he goes 8-12 for great efficiency i can’t help but feel like he’s a big reason why we lost.
    There’s so many little things that he doesn’t do and so many times where he’s just completely destroying the flow of the offense…

4. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Would you say you have grown to hate him?

JayAllJay, jeevinesh, Milos and 38 others like this.
  5. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

Is that supposed to sound young? We have a bunch of 19 year old kids here. Wood isn’t exactly setting a good example here for our rookies. Let him keep padding his stats til the deadline then let Stone go to work

chadyang, xaos, PeterKingX and 9 others like this.
  6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

every time he insists on bringing the ball upcourt himself = disaster

7. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

No we need him to continue to fill up the scoreboard with empty stats so he can be bundled in a trade for a disgruntled star.

C’mon KAT aren’t your tired of those Minnesota winters yet?

8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Christian Wood is my odd man out. If only Sengun would stop fouling, but whatever, we have Theis to back him up.

Wood needs to go.

Dacamel, PeterKingX, jcmoon and 8 others like this.
  9. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

It's obvious that Wood should be moved at this point. He really is a big negative imo at this point. He's one of the weakest big men in the league, doesn't even try to rim protect anymore along with his empty stats. I'm afraid the league is on to him and it will be tough to get a good return for him.

10. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

C wood is not about winning games

but neither are the rockets .

yes he should go . I like sengun and theis rotation best at the 5 . So what we are thin after that ? We aren’t trying to win

Well , who knows . Our best guys are out with covid and green is back which means “developing” him is a priority.

Green is gonna be heavily suspect on D until next year at the earliest . Kpj is hit or miss .

it’s tough to see how the younger guys are doing on a game to game basis , especially missing time with injury AND with pieces in and out now for covid .

a guy like Tate can hold down the fort . But when you are down the balls of Tate and Matthews and the nasty of KMJ then ofc wood is gonna look soft . This dude is not a great player . He’s just OK and yeah I agree with OP’s sentiments .

Nice to be in it for as long as we were . Mega shoutout to josh Christopher .

Nwaba playing well too . I’m sure we will try to move him tho . Matthews a bit light .

kpj /
    Gordon / green
    Tate / Christopher
    Nwaba
    Sengun /theis

but looking at comparable contracts ... I actually don’t like a lot of the ones that match up with wood . We have to get creative

aaquaa likes this.
  11. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

No, it wasn't supposed to sound young just making fun of myself and the whole board and so on.

Christian Wood is looking like a miss. Or a map. Or something **** idk just trying to be funny.

12. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

His numbers will look good, but then you realize he gave up an unreal amount of open shots, did little on help defense and rebounding, and ruins the flow of the offense but his reluctance to set hard screens.

Most of these things don't show up on the box score.

KPJ unfortunately has a bit of that going as well, but he is still young with a lot of room to improve.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Dude had 22-6 he is fine.

DD

RoadWarrior likes this.
  14. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Hopefully Stone doesn’t let his attempt to build good will amongst players deter him from moving Wood.

I would rather a big man rotation of Sengun and Theis with Garuba as an emergency big.

15. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

I was only angry about his aggression to grab rebounds tonight, that is it

don grahamleone likes this.
  16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Why are you an empty stats guy? He blew so many defensive assignments tonight. Plus his "picks" are so damn weak.

17. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

Plus 6 boards as a 5 against a short Lakers team is sad and really inexcusable.

18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Empty stats, he's a big man version of westbrick.

Watching games, it's quite obvious man has no pride, not always playing 100%.
    Lazy D, and never seem to get any rebounds in the clutch.

He wants to b a flashy big man rather than one that does the dirty work.
    Trade him for picks when his value is high.

19. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I would accept low rebounding numbers if he at least boxed out for his teammates to grab rebounds, but this isn't the case.

20. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Not picking you out specifically, but it's really weird how the bad defense label is selective applied. Green's small mistakes at 19 years old get torn apart, meanwhile Wood is doing this. He seriously needed the 19 year old rookie to tell him to contest a shooter that he was already guarding.

Wood had probably the worse defense in this entire game.

#20 flamingdts, Dec 28, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2021
    hajkov, chadyang, alethios and 16 others like this.