1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets @TANKATHON - 2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Astrodome, Dec 22, 2021.

1. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

whats up with pelicants not signing lonzo?
    could of have lonzo ingram and zion dream BIG 3

theres really no excuse to tank like ever
    @juanming

3. futilman

futilman Member

As long as the young guys are leading the charge, I want to win as much as possible.

They probably won't though. So give me Jabari or Chet.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  4. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

25 wins and a top 5 pick will be a satisfying season :cool:

5. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

6. sydmill

sydmill Member

Really think a top 3 pick completes the rebuild in impressive fashion but I'm becoming less and less convinced that is in the cards. Those top 3 guys all would slide in nicely at the 4, time to start focusing on lesser players or worse fits.

Astrodome likes this.
  7. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Yes. Really want a PF that’s ready to start right away. I haven’t seen Jabari play yet, but would really be satisfied with Banchero. Worried about Chet’s ability to put on weight. He won’t be able to fulfill his amazing potential without it. Who are other PF’s that are looking good?

Dobbizzle likes this.
  8. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Isn't it Toyotathon for every home game already?

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

This draft is 4 deep at the top at this point.

Holmgren, Smith, Ivey and Banchero are all likely long term starters and possibly all stars.

They have separated themselves from the rest of the prospects. There are still some very high ceiling guys like Griffin and Chandler and Jovic that have the upside of being elite, but there is more chance for bust potential.

Personally I would be happy with the Rockets getting Jaden Ivey to play the point next to Green. Ivey is quickly developing his ability to create for others, is very explosive as an athlete, he draws a lot of contact and has high upside as a defender. He has a nearly 7'0" wingspan and very strong core..... he is an excellent fit with Green.

Jabari Smith has exceptional upside as a wing defender that can defend inside and outside with his long reach and athleticism. He also is a very good three point shooter. He can fit on any team because his game and size fits the modern game. The concern with him is that he isn't great at creating for others or himself, so he is likely best cast in a Paul George role as an elite player but second best scorer on a team. With Green I would rather a player that can create for others.

Holmgren is just a defensive monster all over the floor and very efficient. Teams win with players like him and if he develops his offensive game, he could win MVP awards... but that is a big if.

Banchero is basically a b-level 5 time all star type player that will be very good for a long time. He can make the same kind of impact that an Elton Brand did in the NBA. Very good and very important for a long time but not great.

#9 Nook, Dec 27, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2021
    Trackwell, amaru, Richie_Rich and 9 others like this.
  10. Bo6

Bo6 Member

banchero dropping to #3? hell ya. I still think he is the best fit for our next big 3. ALP/Green/Banchero + 3/D PG and 3/D Wing and we are looking goooooood.

18pbr likes this.
  11. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

All aboard!!!
    WOOOO WOOOOOO!!!

clos4life likes this.
  12. thekad

thekad Member

Would be very happy with either Chet or Jabari. I assume one of them will fall to #3.

palmsnbananas likes this.
  13. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm assuming we're picking #3 or #4 after all is said and done this year....regardless. EG and Wood need to be traded and there will be a drop off.
    The League sure as Hell isn't giving us 1 or 2, no matter what our record is. So, I'd take Jabari or Banchero ...

18pbr likes this.
  14. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

I think Jabari fits better

15. TimDuncanDonaut

Rockets unwillingly losing 2/3 of the games anyhow. Killing the the season. Hair kari for Smith, Jabri. Tank-a-roo for Bancheroo. Bet on Chet. He's the get.

tmoney1101 and dmoneybangbang like this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Jovic against Jokic.

17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I agree with most of this but I am not picking a guy just because of how he plays with Green, I think Greens ceiling is what you think Bancheros is but with lesser impact.

I don't know if any of these guys is a true franchise-type player, the only one I see with that mindset is currently Banchero but I don't know if he is that type of athlete, George is a good comp for Smith but I hope he has more dog in him.

Nook likes this.
  18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Likely going to be somewhere from 1-7. I don’t really subscribe to the nba rigging the draft. Billionaires are probably not to fond of losing all season and letting another team draft higher because it’s the “plan” for the league.

The 1-7 or whatever it is slated to be will have their slotted %’s and chances to have that pick.

Lose this season lose more next season. Sign the best player(s) you can in 2023. Let the Nets picks roll in year after year and see where that takes you.

19. Nook

Nook Member

Fit doesn't come before talent, but I really like Ivey as a prospect at this Rockets team really needs a playmaker. So I think it is a really good fit.

As for Smith, it is really hard to know for sure. What I can say with certainty is that he isn't a "good" three point shooter, but he is elite. He isn't someone that likely shoots 35% from 3, but could top 40%. I don't know if he has a little dog in him. Sometimes you can just tell (Holmgren and Ivey) but others you don't know until you see them face adversity.

amaru, 18pbr, xaos and 1 other person like this.
  20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I need to check out Ivey I think a great pg or facilitator is a key piece in building a contender.

Smith is currently my Fav he just looks the part but I would like to see the offense run through him like Banchero to get a better idea of what he is.

18pbr, xaos and Nook like this.