1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Trade Ideas 2021-22

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I'll be pretty surprised if we actually manage to trade Wall tbh, I think it's very likely he sits and expires whilst still a Rocket and we just use the cap space. If Westbrook came back though and we got more picks out of it that would be pretty hilarious, though I think Westbrook would be a lot more trouble than Wall is being if we tried to bench him.

2. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

This is Westbrook last contract . I di t think he’ll act a fool. He’s probabaly out the league and definitely starting role at least once this contract expires.

I only brought up the trade becaue Laker fans are frustrated with him and I seen them posting about “can’t we jsut do the same thing the rocket doing to John wall and jsut eat the contract”

3. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

You think Westbrook is out of the league after this contract is up? Really don't see that happening at all tbh, even if he's not the Russ of old he's still a damn sight better than a huge portion of players in the league. He might not be a starter for much longer, but I very much doubt he's out of the league entirely.

4. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

we can just bench him till next season when we are trying to win

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  5. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

What do you think he can contribute as a role player? He's horrific defensively, obviously a horrific shooter, what does he bring to the table? I wouldn't even consider signing him to the minimum if i was a contender at this point

6. xaos

xaos Member

That is going to go real smooth

ApacheWarrior and jcmoon like this.
  7. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Obviously he can get a triple double....

D-rock likes this.
  8. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Lol, ok. He lead the league in assists last year with 11.7 a game - that's an ELITE figure btw, very few people in the last 20 years have come close to it. He may be the best rebounding guard in the league, averaging 11.5 last season and 7.9 this season. Has his numbers dropped a little this year? Sure, but he's still averaging 19.6 pts 8.1 ass 7.9 rebounds and 1.2 steals a game. He's better than every point guard actively playing for the Rockets right now, you do realise that right? Some of you guys live in a total fantasy land when it comes to players' skill.

D-rock, joshuaao and Grizzlyshark like this.
  9. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

his true shooting would rank 12th on the rockets, his ws/48 would rank 11th. You gotta be able to look past the superficial stats at this point don't you? it's freakin 2021, not 1997

D-rock and Nook like this.
  10. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

So projections not actual statistics? Do you even math? If you don't see the value in one of the elite assist makers and THE elite rebounding guard, I don't know what to tell you. Have you ever played basketball?

11. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

those aren't projections, thats his performance THIS SEASON. No, i did not play pro basketball

harold bingo and ApacheWarrior like this.
  12. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

I don't know how but someone should bring Omer Yurtseven to Houston. He is averaging 12.8 rebounds in 23.3 minutes (last 5 matches). If he is given same minutes he can finish the league as 3rd best rebounder, just behind of Rudy Gobert and Nikola Jokic.

He is a 7 footer rookie, 23 years old, need to improve in offence. As Heat has Bam and Dedmon, it must be a way to nick this young guy. It will help to rebuilding.

D-rock likes this.
  13. jch1911

jch1911 Member

As a fellow Hoya, I would second this.

He would follow in some proud footsteps: Mutombo; Othella; Sleepy; Uncle Jeff...

That being said, Dotson just went down for the Heat and no way do they trade Yrt7 right now... esp. on his cheap contract

D-rock and Ankara1923 like this.
  14. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Gordon into Boston TPE
    Theis+Nwaba for Josh Richardson+Grant Williams and a future first with top 10 protection.

15. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Imagine the pace of Westbrook on this team...lol.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  16. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

It could definitely work if it wasn't for our overall pretty sketchy defense at times if you look at it objectively with none of the anti-Russ bias on CF. He's fast, a top tier assist maker and a great rebounder (something else we desperately need.) Russ at the point with Green and Porter on the wings would certainly be entertaining, the fast breaks alone would be highlights for days. I doubt it happens though, it's the wrong move regardless as I doubt Russ wants to be here rebuilding and it'd just be another Wall situation from the FO's side of things I'm sure. In a fantasy land where none of that factors though, if Russ bought into not being a shooter and just drive and dish and play Pick and Roll, we'd be a much better team than we are now.

17. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Ws/48 is literally a projection/estimation stat, you realise that right? It's not an actual recorded statistic, it's an estimate extrapolated from recorded statistics. You can bang the moreyball drum as much as you want, it won't change the fact that Westbrook is in the elite tier of assist makers and an incredible rebounder, 2 things that would be very valuable on any NBA roster.

18. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Would you trade wall for him straight up? I wouldn’t even consider it

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Why, oh why are we talking about Wussa??

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  20. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Strictly for tanking purposes.

Silly Bodrizzle talking like he would matter to our future.

His triple doubles wouldn't move the needle on Rockets success.....
    at least not success that we want.