1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Christian Wood expected to get "significant trade interest"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 29, 2021.

1. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Yes he doesn’t fit the modern game. Since we are in the modern game, that means bust.

2. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The trade I proposed was Gordon and Green. Not sure if KPJ works salary wise. KPJ would also require additional picks.

In I’d prefer to keep the picks and trade Green, then hopefully end up with someone like Kendall Brown if we land outside of the top 3. Then you could re-sign Wood and give the core a chance to grow while still having lots of options to make trades or add through the draft. You should have a pretty good team that still has room to grow.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He can still be a Capela who shoots the 3 ball.

If that is a bust, I want to be a bust and make millions.

Yeah, in that scenario, yeah. Also nobody is looking at Wiseman now.

We'll see, he can speak Mandarin, I mean he is not Thabeet as he has some moves on Offense.

That draft was during the worst time of the pandemic and scouts couldn't do their job 24/7 and did not have much material on Wiseman.

4. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Fair enough. If he becomes a Rocket, I will root for him to be great.

daywalker02 likes this.
  5. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Wood and KPJ
    For
    Bagley and Mitchell
    Unprotected 2022 1st, 2022 & 23 2nd's

6. Nook

Nook Member

We almost got Wood at the deadline the year before he was a free agent. We were very close to getting him.

eliefor3 and jch1911 like this.
  7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I think people are going to be really disappointed in the return lol

Mid 1st + expiring incoming

jcmoon, Nook, theDude and 1 other person like this.
  8. Milos

Milos Member

What about Kuminga + Moody + FFRP then ..?

I don't have any particular affinity for Wiseman, I just want 2 of those 3 young guys

Since you and several others seem to truly despise Wiseman, I'll take your word for it and move on

But I love Moody as a future 3&D starter at SF
    I did a lot of digging on him predraft aa potential Rockets pick and came away very impressed

Kuminga I've always been on the fence, but he is probably the best athlete in the top 10 of this class, and if the skills ever catch up, he could be the real prize in exchange for Wood & EGo

9. Milos

Milos Member

I generally disregard Theis in all of my future-casting about the Rockets these days ... as Silas seems to have also

He's right there alongside Wall and House
    A trio of developmental afterthoughts

Forget about Wiseman ...
    Would you take Kuminga + Moody + FFRP?

10. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

The classic morey, "we thought we had a deal in place" move. One aspect of morey I do not miss. Firmly believe if he was the GM, we would have been watching senguin at okc saying man morey was so close to pulling that trade off

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

All of that interest will be from playoff teams trying to make a push. Mid 1st at best, more likely late 1st. I do think you would be able to get a younger player who’s currently being blocked instead of an expiring, though.

It’s still pretty underwhelming and I would hold onto him unless a bidding war breaks out and something ridiculous is offered.

12. dmoneybangbang

Nah. Morey picked up Wood when he went undrafted so we already had his “file”.

It’s a competition of going after the same players so most of the time we will miss. I see no reason why Morey wouldn’t want Sengun or would have traded up.

13. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

LOL @ selling low on Green after 15 games in the shitty two-big lineup, especially for Fox.

Y'all crack me up sometimes

jcmoon, VickMackey, Fulgore and 6 others like this.
  14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Sure, maybe. At least they are not centers so the fit should be okay.

Honestly, I haven't watched either guy play in the NBA so I don't really know if they are worth it. Just from their draft positions, #7 and #14, I would say it's something worth looking into. I guess you can ask yourself, would you draft a guy like Wood (knowing how he would turn out) with a #7 - #14 pick? I probably would.

I don't believe in trading Wood just for the sake of trading him. Unlike guys such as Gordon and Augustin who are over 30, Wood should be considered a "young" player. So I don't buy the timeline thing. The difference between him and a future pick or a rookie is that you already know what he can (and cannot) do. He's the proverbial "a bird in hand" whereas a pick/rookie is an unknown gamble.

The only legit reasons for getting rid of him are (1) he and Sengun cannot play well alongside each other -- which we don't know yet; and (2) he will demand a pay higher than his value.

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Chemistry and complementary players matter too.

I trust Sengun when he says he wants to play with Wood and that Wood helps his game.

I think FO also agrees.

hakeem94, crenshaw and jch1911 like this.
  16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

17. juanming

juanming Member

18. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Lmao. Will you delete your account if you're wrong?

19. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

20. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

We are absolutely getting slaughtered without him.

D-rock likes this.