1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wood Or Sengun

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by duluth111222, Dec 11, 2021.

?

Wood Or Sengun?

1. Wood

2. Sengun

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

people also forget its not about regular season, playing together or staggering the minutes... the playoffs are important depth, versatility and injury insurance

DaDakota likes this.
  2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

because the answer is in the post you replied to...
    a lot of sound and healthy reasons which you decided to ignore because

primary? secondary? a lot of 2d black and white thinking
    [​IMG]

#82 hakeem94, Dec 13, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2021
  3. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

They were both low post players and slow, it had to be one or the other. Wood and Sengun are different, Wood can guard wing players and Sengun is quicker than Nurkic and Jokic.

aaquaa and hakeem94 like this.
  4. opticon

opticon Member

I guess we will find out what the Rockets think by the end of next season when Woods's contract is up.

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Because teams back then did not use space as they do now.

Defending and moving in space is a massive component to being a successful forward in the NBA today.

Christian Wood prefers to trot down the court and set a high screen. He DOES NOT want to sprint to the corner to stretch the defense.

#85 RudyTBag, Dec 14, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2021
    jcmoon, aaquaa and hajkov like this.
  6. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

[​IMG]

jcmoon likes this.
  7. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Because they play the same position and the Rockets have been awful with two bigs on the court at the same time? That should be pretty obvious.

RudyTBag and daywalker02 like this.
  8. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

So you intend to play one of them for 48 mins? Even if you're playing 1 big at a time, you still need more than 1 big who can actually produce. Or were you going to just pull another out of your ass after cutting 1 of the 2 we have?

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think they can both coexist if Wood can keep his ego in check and accept a proper role. That's a REALLY big "if" though.

Wood can be a floor spacing PF with Sengun playing point-center, so I don't think it necissarily has to be one or the other. The issue is if Wood moves to that role, it bumps Tate out of the starting lineup...or rather, it should.

In a perfect world a lineup of

Sengun
    Wood
    KMJ
    Mathews
    KPJ

would be potentially VERY good moving forward. You'd have shooting, athleticism, some defense, and 2 solid creators.

BallaDoc and steddinotayto like this.
  10. Williamson

No. I intend to use our back up center, Daniel Theis, for the remaining 15-18 minutes a game. He's fine in that role.

RudyTBag likes this.
  11. ExTexanNowEastCoast

People need to stop d**# riding Sengun. He is very talented and has some decent skills, which he could develop overtime. However, he is 19 years old, somewhat slow footed, and foul prone. Not saying he will always be that way, but he does have a lot to learn.

Wood should be traded for the simple reason that someone will be willing to give up a draft pick to get him, which this team can use to obtain that superstar player that every NBA team needs to actually win a title.

As for Jokic, while I love the guy, let's take it easy. His team is in 8th place and is going nowhere. He plays no D, is slow footed, heavy and honestly his cred in the league took a major hit with the push in the back on Morris (justified or not). I expect over the next season that many of the players on Denver will eventually leave, as the team will never finish higher than 4th. Denver is not a market that can attract big time free agents, and is going to have to trade some of its younger key players (Murray, Porter, etc.) to get draft picks. At that point, purely based on Jokic's physical fitness, I am not even sure he would be able to continue to play at the level he is now.

12. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

He's trash. So you'd rather trade away one of the 2 good players to play the garbage one?

13. Williamson

He's a back up. And he's a solid back up. And some games he wouldn't even get the 15-18 minutes because we'll be going small.

But what I don't want is to pay Christian Wood the max to have him be Sengun's back up. That makes no sense and would doom us financially.

14. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

You don’t keep Wood just for depth and insurance. If you are not happy with Theis (to me he’s perfectly fine for a backup. You can do much worse for a backup center), we can trade Wood for a nice young backup and good draft picks.

It’s called asset management. Need to maximize your assets, especially for a rebuilding team.

RudyTBag likes this.
  15. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

Let me guess: Doncic is slow and unathletic.

RudyTBag and aaquaa like this.
  16. RoadWarrior

RoadWarrior Member

Both.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  17. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Are you living in some kind of bizarre alternate reality where it's a guarantee Wood is getting a max contract? He's not even at the end of his current nowhere near max contract and is underperforming and inconsistent. Put down the crack pipe, it's giving you delusions of the future not based in reality. It's not a "max contract or nothing" situation at all.

18. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

You really think people are lining up to give us a young backup centre with anywhere near Wood's production and draft picks as well? Seriously, y'all crackheads need to stay in the traphouse and off the internet.

19. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Here's the thing that may be novel to you: a backup center doesn't need to be close to Wood's production. That's why it's called a BACKUP.

aaquaa likes this.
  20. Williamson

He has stated on record that he plans to get a max on his next deal. He stated very early on that was his goal. But okay, fine, you do not want to give Wood a Capela like deal or a John Collins like deal to be a back up. If he cannot start at center it makes no sense to entertain those kind of contracts.

RudyTBag likes this.