1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green “not going to play anytime soon”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Dec 3, 2021.

1. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

While I agree that he needs to earn starters minutes, the truth is that perimeter players highly drafted are gonna play on bad teams.. That's reality.. You seem fixated on his defensive traits, which again is fine... BUT I don't recall watching a game this season where I thought " Damn we lost because Green's man went off ".. Anyone expecting him not to struggle offensively and defensively are clearly 2k fans or genius keyboard GMs... He struggled in Silas system as did every player not named Mathews ( because his ass wasn't there) ... Like I said, seems intentionally petty on your part DD.. I guarantee he could fit right into this current scheme and show improvement IMO..

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Just have to look at the off/def splits with and without him.

It is not petty, he just needs to get better, and I think you don't hand him minutes just because he is the number 2 pick, you need to earn them.

DD

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Way to debunk that BS narrative.

Do not worry they will add a caveat to this narrative or create a new one.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  4. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lots of people are struggling with shooting for example Cade Cunningham even higher shooting stats last year than Green (405 on 3s) but this season his shooting is Westbrook-esque at 30%. Corey Kispert was widely considered the best shooter in the class but now he can't even get on the floor cuz his shooting has been ass all the way back to SL. Sometimes it takes time for players to adapt to the NBA speed, if you on team Green right from the start you'd know he has been a good shooter at all previous levels so I don't understand why you're the one bringing him down right now. Dude's 19 yrs old nothing is "scary" about anything we're seeing from him in fact his last game when he got injured he was shooting 80% so he ain't exactly in danger of becoming the 2nd Adam Morrison.

If you know stats you should know sometimes they don't tell the complete picture just as GM isn't the 5th best player in the league , Green also isn't the worst player in the league. Even the NBA guys making the rookie ladder didn't say Green was among the worst players in the league cuz they understand the first couple of months are insignificant to judge a 19 yr old.

Weewin likes this.
  5. roslolian

roslolian Member

I agree Green needs to get better, he shouldn't be an automatic starter esp because we have guys way better than him RN. However that's no reason to be down on Green some rookies take time more than others, Harden for example wasn't hot stuff his rookie year.

javal_lon, hakeem94 and NewAge like this.
  6. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

I'm very curious how he is handling watching this run. Seeing the attitude and consistency that Matthews brings. Obviously the win streak that came along with it. This will be his biggest test thus far. Should definitely have to earn his minutes going forward. If he buys in (and this goes for everyone) to team ball and the current flow of THE TEAM then all will be well. Silas should expect nothing less.

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

D-rock, 34to11, RasaqBoi and 5 others like this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

thanks btw how he did on defense in the 10 minutes? i am not trolling just didnt pay attention

#368 hakeem94, Dec 11, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2021
    Corrosion and DreamShook like this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

there is a caveat and its as follows
    really theres no much sense in comparing the true age ...imho nba millage is what counts most

cavs rotation has far more mileage(btw why leave usman out?) than rockets which with exceptions of ego and dj have no more than 1 full season under the belt
    brooks
    mathews
    tate
    wood
    are older than many on cavs but i dont think they even have one full NBA season under the belt..perhaps tate has one....

Rockets4Life13 likes this.
  10. MystikArkitect

If the Rockets traded DJ Augustin for Ricky Rubio, KPJ for Garland and Wood for Jarret Allen (omg) they'd be a play in team at the least, a 4-5 seed at the best.

Mobley has far more talent around him than Green and Cunningham do.

People on here really think that Evan Mobley is the reason and not Garland/Allen taken leaps forward we were hoping Wood/KPJ would.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No one is down on him - as I can see - people all want him to succeed, but if he needs to get better, nothing wrong with having him come off the bench.

DD

D-rock and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  12. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

KPJ is going to be a fine PG. No way I’m trading him this year. He needs a whole season at the position to get it down. Can Allen play PF, because Segun is our center. Haven’t seen a lot of Allen, but if he is able to play PF and is attainable (which I doubt) with Wood plus a pick or two than sure.

D-rock likes this.
  13. VanityHalfBlack

Where the hell is he? Gotta put these youngsters to work. Too much ps5, get him on the court, now!

clos4life and RasaqBoi like this.
  14. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

Mobley is the best player on that cavs team, all the counting and advanced stats back that up.

Green on the other hand, in a whopping 18 games, has a negative WS/48 while getting treated like Westbrook on offense and Carmelo on defense.

GotGame15, El_Conquistador and NewAge like this.
  15. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

He’s doing the “LOOK AT ME, I’m a Superstar, taking smiling pictures on sidelines while I’m hurt” routine right now. While the other guys are out there busting their asses trying to get better.

I’m not impressed with this kid’s work ethic, BBIQ and fire AT ALL. I hope it improves but this kid is soft, isn’t hungry and it’s a damn shame to just keep handing him minutes. They should bench the Kobe wannabe and make him earn his minutes. Sengun, Mathews, Christopher, Martin Jr & Tate all scrapped/clawed for minutes while the floppy haired prodigy gets his handed to him.

The Rockets need to hold his feet to the fire and make him earn his way or they’re part of this kids problem.

#375 TEXNIFICENT, Dec 11, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2021
    Corrosion, NewAge and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  16. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Give him time... he just got in the league.

D-rock likes this.
  17. Alleyoopsy

Alleyoopsy Member

How do you think you can know how hard he works based on him smiling on the sidelines? Do you want him to act perpetually miserable out there and not supporting his teammates,?

34to11, fchowd0311 and Tuckankhamun like this.
  18. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

He can support his team better by busting his ass and playing like the number 2 pick overall on a nightly basis.

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

are you trolling at this point or do you have half of clutchfans on ignore?

harold bingo and Rockets4Life13 like this.
  20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

how do you know he isn't "busting his ass"?

And how does the typical 19 year old top 5 pick guard play in the NBA in their first 20 games? Please do tell what is typical of that specific group in that time frame.

Anyways all you have are these generic platitudes of not having work ethic because of what? His apperance? Do you know anything about his gym and workout habits, his training habits, his nutrition etc? Like literally anything? Are is boomer here going to b**** about his hair style constantly?

34to11 and Rockets4Life13 like this.