1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Bucks @ Rockets 12/10/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 9, 2021.

1. Germanturk

Germanturk Member

I stand up in the ****ing night to wach this game an Alperen Şengün made the game to hell fir the Bucks an Silas didnt let him play at the last 9 minutes. What is wrong with you Silas?? Its Not only the Points that from Şengün. Its his heart what the Rockets need at the Crunch time. This guy is a warrior on the Court. I think the Bucks Player gibt a big thanks to Silas to make Theorie game easier!!

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

More points than other team wins games.

Where was this BS when Mathews and Wood were leading this team to 7 straight wins???

This loss was on the coach, not the players.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. crenshaw

crenshaw Member

It is not a question of who could shoot the 3, its about who are good enough threats to take and make them with the game on the line. That is a completely different story. I had zero issues about the playcalling, alpy got his and we still went to him. Lets not blame it all on the squad of not getting him the ball 100 percent of the time because the MIL defense is championship caliber and could load up on alpy anytime. What is silly is to suggest that we go to him everytrip is too much too ask from the 19yold, or for anyone - not to mention very predictable. We have plays where he didnt have to touch the ball for us to get a good shot.

Im a proponent of alpy and wood together simply because they are the 2 of our best players, the least of the reasons is that they could shoot 3s. If they are shooting 3s in the endgame, its because the defense let them and we will lose more often than not.

4. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Pretty happy with the performance, but we need to finish off our good work by closing it out in the 4th quarter. Turnovers or bad offence really cost us

5. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

These are the type of respones I hate just like I said earlier. I dont blame them for not getting him the ball 100% of the time. They stopped completely. Theres a difference between 100% and 0.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

As soon as we lose......blame the coach..........................it isn't like Milwaukee are any good or anything.

Silas can't take the shots for the team, it isn't his fault they miss free throws or easy layups

Foul trouble as well didn't help. Sent the Bucks to the line way too much

D-rock likes this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Magic also play 2 bigs, so do the Cavs.

So do the Pacers. And the Knicks.

And none of the teams mentioned have 2 bigs that BOTH shoot 3P at 37% or BETTER.

It's about skills and getting your best 5 on the floor.

It's about system.

And finally, coaching matters.

hakeem94, cmoak1982 and mirdirir like this.
  8. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

What if he is not fit enough to run games out at this stage of his rookie career? He had a great first three quarters. His start to the fourth quarter wasn't great

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

You're right, the offense looked out of sorts and there was too much iso in the 4th when starters came back in.

But Sengun and 2nd unit were the reason Rockets came back when Bucks caught up in the 3rd and top of 4th.

They earned the right to come back in and try.

Matchup and momentum is important and the good coaches understand when they have the advantage.

Rockets scored all of 17 points in the 4th.

That was criminally poor offense and a perfect example of not adjusting.

Coaching matters.

hakeem94, ilias and cmoak1982 like this.
  10. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Magic's, Knicks and Pacers 2 bigs are not rookies though. We haven't seen if Sengun has the fitness to play 30+ minutes yet. Problem also is, he averages 17 minutes a game, but he racks up the fouls easily

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Sengun was having his best game this season, there was no harm if he fouled out.

What outcome are you so fearful about, Wood still finishes if that happens.

Feed the hot hand, rookie or no rookie.

These excuses are complete nonsense.

hakeem94 and cmoak1982 like this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

WHAT IF????

Let him play and let's actually see instead of playing what if.

hakeem94 and cmoak1982 like this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

THEN PLAY THEM TOGETHER!!!!

hakeem94 and crenshaw like this.
  14. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

You probably didn’t read my other posts or perhaps you forgot. I have been critical of Wood throughout the whole season. If you read my words closely instead of emotionally dismiss it as BS you would know I said Matthews played selfishly tonight which he absolutely did. Stop blaming coaching when its the player decision making on the court. This is why they call it play making not coach making. Have you ever played organized basketball or coached basketball? If so you would know that its on players to make plays simple as that. And I have a right to be critical of your beloved Matthews just as much as you have a right to criticize Silas despite that I think you are completely wrong and have misdirected anger and resentment.

15. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Theis fouls at a high rate as well that didnt stop Silas from playing him. Silas also plays Sengun low minutes in games when he has 0 fouls. Its all just excuses. He conditioning wont get better unless you play him more and his fouls wont get better unless you play him more (He didnt look at that tired btw). We are approaching mid season these same tired excuses are getting very old.

hakeem94, cmoak1982 and mirdirir like this.
  16. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Matthews was playing quite selfish tonight. There were several forced threes he took. To me it appeared he was overconfident and reckless resulting in bricks and loss of possessions.

17. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

He has played only 1 game where he has 0 fouls

18. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

What if he started the 4th quarter better and then he might have been kept on the court

19. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Even when he has 0 fouls his minutes are still low even when he has low fouls his minutes are still low. Its not the damn fouls. If ten minutes goes by an dhe has 1 foul he will still only get 3 - 5 more minutes. He plays out of his mind and still only 15 minutes stop with the excuses.

GotGame15 and hakeem94 like this.
  20. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

he started the 4th quarter like rubbish...............