1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Bucks @ Rockets 12/10/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 9, 2021.

1. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Because its common sense. Everyone can see common sense before Silas. Taking Theis out of the lineup wasnt some genius move it was a common sense move that took him over a month to get. Its going to take him awhile on Sengun because he's slow.

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

It depends on the skills of the bigs.

Positionless basketball.

And FYI, Bucks play 2 bigs CONSTANTLY.

So do the Lakers.

Now and during their last championship season.

3. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Now that’s a trip he doing Tennessee Whiskey. I love artists who transcend boundaries.

D-rock, DeBeards and OkayAyeReloaded like this.
  4. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Someone send this over to Big Country I bet he tears up.

D-rock, DeBeards and hakeem94 like this.
  5. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Not gonna lie though, even though Sengun had to work for them points with his crafty moves, I was way more confident in the 19 year old iso than anyone else on the team.

Him scoring at will on Giannis and anyone else guarding him was quite a treat to watch

jcmoon, D-rock, ak99999 and 5 others like this.
  6. noppeper

noppeper Member

If there is ever a feel good loss, this is it.

The Bucks were obviously on notice and came to win, and they were able to pull through due to having the best player, good defense and championship experience.

The Rockets showed a lot of composure though, even when they made mistakes at the end of the game. They should hang their heads high, because this had a playoff feel to it, and they were still right there pound for pound trading blows with the Bucks.

Finally, Sengun is something else. Not only does he have all of these tangible basketball skills, but his competitive drive is also palpable. The fact that he still has the composure to keep that drive in check for the benefit of the team is really amazing. Even the Bucks announcers were in awe at what this dude was doing at such a young age and against such good competition. They were like "He is only 19? Are you kidding me?!?"

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Oh, I agree that there's something going on we don't know about. Just a guess, but Ferntits wants another shot at the top pick. Stone may or may not feel the same way, but Silas looks unhappy when you'd think he'd be smiling.

What that has to do with Sengun playing absurdly low minutes is beyond me, although someone, somewhere doesn't want him to, and it doesn't relate to how often Sengun collects a foul, in my humble opinion. The Turk was playing out of his mind tonight and they kept him out during winning time. I don't believe that it was due to the guy having 4 fouls.

In other words, I have no idea.

DeBeards, ak99999, Patience and 4 others like this.
  8. bj3175

bj3175 Member

The game should be so easy now with these relentless players Brooks, Matthews, Christopher, Green, KPJ ,Sengun. If you notice DJ Augustine is really good as to Getting Sengun his touches and letting him work

ak99999, Patience and hakeem94 like this.
  9. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Tate as well

Stephen_A likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Then it was pure diplomacy and a white lie that Silas gave in the interview, that he thought going small was the answer and he didn' think Sengün was capable of checking against Giannis for more than 15 minutes.

Which brings us back to the same problem. Is Silas on the hot seat and should be fired?

Could he be told by Stone that he is here only for the remainder of the year and they do not count on him in the long run?

D-rock and DeBeards like this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think WOOD likes the idea of SENGUN being the banger down low
    Maybe even defending the paint/big man as well

Rocket River

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol i bet you any money he could get into mvp conversation

PeterKingX, opticon and DeBeards like this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

imagine bud benching yanis for good in the 4th....or playing him only 15 tonight...
    [​IMG]

PeterKingX, DeBeards and Joe Rocket like this.
  16. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Yeah the inexperience showed. But also I thought there were a lot of egos and selfishness at play tonight for the Rockets. Matthews put up some terrible forced shots and seemed as if he was feeling himself too much instead of letting the game flow and rotating the ball working that half court set. Wood was selfish as usual and seems to force up shots in critical situations. Two instances tonight he forced shots at the end of the game. One driving through traffic resulting in a missed layup. The second being his decision to dribble then iso resulting in another missed difficult contested shot. Purity of spirit and unselfishness wins games.

17. crenshaw

crenshaw Member

Ive been critical of silas and his staff, but I am with them on this--- Wood better STFU about game plan and who gets more mins. He should just go out and play. He is given every opportunity to be the man during crunchtime. He cant keep missing layups and bailing out defenses.

Love alpy but the matchups could not let him get back on the court. Unless we pull wood out for him wc is never gonna happen (not yet). I trust the coaching staff this time in easing him and josh in the league. You can see them getting more and more comfortable wc is perfect for us in the long run.

juanming and Stephen_A like this.
  18. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

This is Sill both Sengin and Wood can shoot the three. There is no reason that Silas shouldnt be able to find a way to play them together SENGUN IS NOT THEIS. The biggest issue is that they stopped passing the ball to Sengun late and things got stagnant and SIlas took him out.

DeBeards likes this.
  19. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Wood is a sefish individual. Ego. Impure spirit. This leads to basketball. This has been his entire basketball experience since UNLV. What i notice about him is his inability to make the right play usually results in a fast break the other way and a large swing in points. He usually tries to take critical shots at the detriment of the team since these are usually forced shots (long twos or forced dribble drive with multiple defenders in paint), which is why I believe it is out of pure ego and not in the interest of the team. He showed this selfishness again late in the game refusing to pass from the wing but held the ball then iso himself forcing a difficult shot in the paint. Time and time again Wood has shown us he aint it.

20. HP3

HP3 Member

All of their bigs can hit the three consistently on the Bucks and the other is always Giannis. The Lakers are trash and had to go small to beat us with Russ, cmon man. This two big lineup aint it. You know I respect you though, so I will admit if thats not the case later on lol, but for now I dont see it.