1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Poll: Top Pick or Play-in Tourney?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Dec 4, 2021.

?

Which would make you happier to see happen at the end of the season?

1. Rockets get a top 5 pick in the draft

2. Rockets make the play-in tourney

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. xaos

xaos Member

Tuckankhamun and OkayAyeReloaded like this.
  2. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Pretty much.

This will let us know an idea of what realistic expecations might be end of season.

Easy and xaos like this.
  3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

If we lose to every team except Detriot we will be set up for a good pick.

4. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Hopefully the next top 5 pick is as good as Green Sengun.

GotGame15 likes this.
  5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So you are saying its purely coincidence that the 19 year old rookie starter with basically the worst +/- on the team goes down with injury and we start winning?

That's an honest question.

In any case, I still think we should tank this year regardless.

6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Lol its gonna obviously bc sengun didn't play enough mins and green is back for some folks as the reasons if we end up losing

7. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I honestly think we would have won at least some or all even if green wasn't injured. We played bottom feeders in this win streak and team that had a b2b
    To attribute green being out as the main reason for this win streak r simply folks who have some weird hatred/dislike for green

OkayAyeReloaded likes this.
  8. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Or if we WIN against every team except Detriot we will be set up for a good play off spot.

9. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Don't count Green out yet. Remember he's 19 but most of all he's a Rocket

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

No contender in sight. 15-game winning streak coming.

xaos likes this.
  11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Not happening but that's OK. We will beat them easily in the future.

12. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

This response reeks and its like most of the replies on here biased and clueless. Did you read my reply earlier if so you would know why they are so successful now. Its funny I said with more spacing (taking theis out because i hated silas rotations) that the rockets would have won atleast 4 more games. I said this before this win streak. "t*** not silas rotations" blah blah Ofcourse biased people on this stupid board were saying its Jalen then too. First game we get spacing and both kpj and jalen look great. jalen gets injured but in a couple of games so do kpj and wood. We still win, and idiots are still like well duh its all jalens fault. Im not even sure why i keep coming back on here. its like entertainment. like watching a train wreck or idiots getting into fights in bars you just cant turn away lol People will be wrong on here and try so hard to make truth fit into lies. People flat out lie on this site just to win an argument with someone who already knows they are full of ****. Its just hilarious here. every post is like dumb and dumber and dumberer. "duh taking theis out wont do anything duh" LMAO "oh well its not the spacing its jalen er dur" lol "we have to get rid of kpj der eh duhh" lol

13. sydmill

sydmill Member

****ing vitriol by internet tough guys is ridiculous. Calling people b****es and p*****s because of disagreements about a game played by teenagers. Some of you need to pump the brakes.

noppeper, Easy and xaos like this.
  14. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

True. Sengun has a few years on him.

I am not counting him out I just think Sengun is our franchise player.

15. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Why not both?

16. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

It may have been the spacing and we’d have still won these games with Jalen and making the move with Wood at Center, but your logic is completely backwards here.

There is only one guy who was playing a lot of minutes when we were the worst team in the league who hasn’t played at all other than one quarter during the win streak.

Other guys have missed games here and there but the one constant in the win streak from a personnel stand point is no Jalen. It’s pretty easy to isolate.

17. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

The one constant in the win streak is that we have more space so the entire team is playing better. Our players have been interchangeable. Logic isnt backwards because you dont understand it. Your thinking is limited by bias. Us going 1-16 isnt on one player thats ridiculous.

18. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

Green’s return will probably answer this question for me.

If Jalen is going to look like a future MVP when he returns as the Green Gang suggests, then honestly having the core of him, Wood, KPJ, and Sengun is probably good enough to roll with as a core and we can just win some games and see if that can get us to the play in.

If Green’s future as a potential franchise player looks as dicey as it did before the injury, then we really need another shot at a top 5 pick and he’ll help lose the games to get there.

Easy likes this.
  19. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

I didn’t say Green being the one guy out is definitive that he was the issue, but if you think us winning without other guys missing a game here and there indicates the issue was not Green then you are willfully not looking at it the right way to trouble shoot.

20. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

If youre not saying this why are you replying to me? This is literally the entire point of our conversation.