1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fired Culley

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DaDakota, Dec 5, 2021.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

This is the most incompetent coach I have ever seen in Houston for professional football. Way worse than even B.o.B.

How the hell did we get stuck with this clown and his junior high level offense....

The only redeeming quality is Lovie Smith's defense, elevate Lovie and fire Culley.

DD

2. a time to chill

Culley should be fired for sure. But Tim Kelly should've been fired right after the game today.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Fire all the ex-Patriots
    It’s Tim Kelly’s offense
    Lovie Smith’s defense
    and Nick Caserio, Jack Easterby & Clown McNair’s **** show
    David Culley is just the face/voice of it

Sell the team.
    I hear Jeff Bezos is looking.

4. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

It’s not as simple as firing Culley, unfortunately. The entire organization is in shambles. This is a multi year rebuilding project that Vince Lombardi himself couldn’t win with at the moment. They are just a legitimately horrible organization right now.

5. conquistador#11

This is exactly why he was hired draw attention away from the circus

6. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Rudyc281 and 3Rings like this.
  7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Bill Petersen faints.

Win, Colt45, raining threes and 3 others like this.
  8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

juanm34 and Two Sandwiches like this.
  9. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Not...Even...Close. You have forgotten about Bill Petersen:

Look at it this way: At least Culley isn't going around leaving tickets for Elvis at each home game. Unfortunately, Culley isn't responsible for this offense (And I use that term very loosely) - that would be Tim Kelly (who is actually running BoB's offense). Culley is doing exactly what he was hired to do - be a head coach mannequin on the sidelines. Looking ahead, all I can say is that you ain't seen nothing yet.

mikol13 likes this.
  10. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Culley is perfect for this regime.. I wouldn't want to ruin a good head coach resume for what's coming in the next few years...

11. CrazyJoeDavola

We've won 2 more games than most thought we would. He should be a legitimate COY candidate. In fact, if there is any reason to fire him it should be for winning those 2 games by accident. He's ****ing up our chance to get the #1 pick.

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

We've had the same offensive coordinator since 2019.

raining threes and Nook like this.
  13. Fantasma Negro

Culley lost me when he started benching players, he doesn't have the clout for that. I expected losing but I assumed he would be able to keep morale up during the losing, instead he's alienating players. All bullshit aside though, I think he's going to work wonders with the Kansas City receivers next season as their wr coach, this job is too big for him

#13 Fantasma Negro, Dec 6, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
  14. Damion Laverne

Already want him out, but our problems run deeper than bad coaching

Uprising likes this.
  15. plee

plee Member

Unfortunately, I've been to a few of the games and you can see he's lost the vets on the team. Went to the Jets game and the O-line was like a who's who of players off the street. He's job is to play the younger players and "try" to win. The few times they score is on the non-standard plays they run because the opposing team knows what's coming. Just let him finish out the season and then let him go. At this point there is no need unless you have a coach that even wants this train wreck. It is a sad situation, even getting the #1 doesn't seem worth it.

16. Fantasma Negro

I know we all had very low expectations for this season and the Texans somehow managed to fall even lower than that but I'm happy everyone in here is angry, I don't ever want us to become these idiots, celebrating their lone win like its the ****ing superbowl

17. Nook

Nook Member

The McNair family won't sell this nest egg.... they know that they can suck off the NFL's teat for generations..... look at the owner of the Cardinals and Bears, the entire family is rich and doesn't have to do anything but keep sucking the NFL money milk..... the Texans are PERFECT for Cal, he will make money no matter how incompetent he is.

It's time to accept that there just isn't NFL football in Houston for now on.

18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

19. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Firing the coach is a solution?
    Have you seen the owner who has such a low IQ and a bad personality?
    Look at a big picture first.

DaDakota likes this.
  20. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Has a team ever been last in every major offensive category? Didn’t think that was possible.

CrazyJoeDavola likes this.