1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

BMI is a poor way to measure health and shouldn't be used to generalize. Everyone knows this.

Show your blood work, specifically your lipid profile.

2. Major

Major Member

Depends on the situation. If you're insisting that it's fake news that someone was obese, and there's an actual government definition of obesity and the person clearly fits into it, then it probably voids your claim of fake news. Maybe you could argue that you don't think he should be considered obese for reasons X, Y, and Z, but it certainly wouldn't be fake news for him to be called obese.

3. Roscoe Arbuckle

Mmhmm.

My only issue right now is my right forearm is in an odd soreness issue. I had a physical last year. I'm good.

You?

4. Roscoe Arbuckle

Do you sincerely think a person like myself is obese?

5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Do you have some perception of what obese means based on TLC shows?

6. Roscoe Arbuckle

Moreso on the women I date.

7. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I could live with that!

Found this a moment ago...

8. Roscoe Arbuckle

Covid has been around 20 years... Variants have happened every year. Fauci & his cronies tried to **** with it and their variant backfired, but we've no reason to still panic on something that's been around at least 20 years.

EDIT. 1st case was in 1965...

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/news/m...nt-committee-prac-29-november-2-december-2021

Amiga likes this.
  10. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

Hmm, I don't think that's quite true. But you do you.

11. Roscoe Arbuckle

Always research at least a lil bit, you dumbass.

Coronavirus Evolution. Scientists first identified a human coronavirus in 1965. It caused a common cold. Later that decade, researchers found a group of similar human and animal viruses and named them after their crown-like appearance.

12. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I really don't know what you're trying to prove with your last couple posts. But I suggest you research harder before calling people dumbasses.

13. Roscoe Arbuckle

Covid-2 was SARS and was named because in was found in 2002. Covid-19 was named as such because it was found in 2019.

Bet money you didn't know that, you child.

14. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well, gosh. Humanity has been dealing with viruses since before speciation. Guess that means you should just ignore it when you get AIDS?

You are creating false equivalence based on genus. A house cat and a tiger are both genus Felidae. Therefore, if you have ever had a house cat, you shouldn't think twice about getting a pet tiger. Human beings and chimpanzees are both hominids. Therefore, if you've slept with a human woman, you should have no problem f**king a chimp.

No Worries and peleincubus like this.
  15. Roscoe Arbuckle

Ok, son. Look up current death rates on the Transformer Omicron variant, which isn't even serious enough for Biden to pronounce correctly...

https://nypost.com/2021/11/29/biden-fauci-repeatedly-mispronounce-new-omicron-covid-variant/

16. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Let me rephrase my point as it seems it was missed. Blood work is a fair way to evaluate someones health. Yes, if someone has a BMI of 35+, its obvious they have some issues going on. We do not need a BMI calculator to determine if someone is unhealthy when we can simply observe with our eye.

I was not agreeing or disagreeing if anyone was obese, so I am not sure what 'fake news' has to do with anything. I simply stated blood work should be checked to see the severity of the issue. Everyone should do this.

17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Reynold's Wrap for Christmas?

18. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

19. Roscoe Arbuckle

Utterly idiotic. If you want to go by the numbers, there are now Delta and Omicron vaccines available, but we spent a trillion on the first one, so let's do that first, regardless of those who have natural immunity which is how herd immunity works.

****ing sheep.

20. Roscoe Arbuckle

And I'll reiterate this: Both Biden & Harris swore they'd never take this vaccine. That is on record.

And so am I. Even during the Trump admin I considered this to be a bad flu season.

Looks like I was right.