1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Gordon is having fun, now

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Dec 9, 2018.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

His mum sent him an outfit for the team Christmas party.

[​IMG]

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Classic!

don grahamleone likes this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

4. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Uh OH Gordon having fun comment after tonight's win::

"It's all about growth," Gordon said. "Whenever you see a streak like this, you see and know what it takes to win. So you can never forget moments like this. And you can't never forget the moments beforehand when we lost all those games because during that time, it wasn't fun and it's fun now and we've got to keep it going."

5. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

QUICK! SOMEONE POST THE FUN METER! IT'S GREEN AGAIN!

And hopefully will be for the foreseeable future

6. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

This is the most disappointing thing about green’s injury. This would be a very valuable experience for him.

napalm06 and bj3175 like this.
  7. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

No time for this. Trying to find @Jontro's pr0nhub channel.

Jontro likes this.
  8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

It's ok - he's learning from the bench - just like Rockets legends Vspan, Dmo and Kirk Snyder

- @DaDakota

BigM and tmoney1101 like this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

10. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

I can't hate on the man, he's been clutch every playoffs and one of Morey's better FA signings when all's said and done.

My man's 3 weeks away from his 33rd birthday, time to send him to a winning team.

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

12. clos4life

clos4life Member

Get this man to a winning team for a chance to get a ring, for goodness sake! (And hopefully an unprotected 1st round pick)

13. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

It could most definitely be argued that Green's absence triggered the streak .... he's shot 27% while playing terribad defense all year long - easily the leagues worst starting player statistically - and has been replaced by a guy shooting 43% from 3 that is also an effective defender who gives 110% on every possession ....

I don't think Green could defend me one on one ..... and I'm 3x his age.

14. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I agree with your point ..... but its going to be hard to actually move EG - Unless the Rockets are willing to give up one or more of their young players to make it happen.
    They have no open roster spots meaning any trade has to be equal or less players coming in as goes out in any trade.

Would you be willing to give up any of the young guys to get EG out the door ? I wouldn't.

It takes a minimum of $14,575,054 returning salary to send EG to a team over the cap in a one for one trade.
    The maximum the Rockets can take back in exchange for EG is $22,773,522.
    There are NO TPE's large enough to absorb EG's contract in the entire league.
    Only One team in the league has the actual cap space to absorb EG - that's OKC and they would have no interest to do so.

So unless you package someone else with EG allowing you to break the money into two (or more)players - You are looking for a single contract of between $14.6m & $22.8m .... and preferably one that's expiring. That also has to make sense for the other team.

There are only three contracts in the league between $14.6m & $22.8m that expire after this season - Rubio , Lavine & Dragic.
    None of those really make any sense for the other team.

So to make an EG trade happen , you have to add another player to the outgoing side allowing you to break the incoming money into at least two contracts.

I think we'd all be willing to throw House out the door .... Augustin would also be a candidate. But do the receiving teams really want those players ? .... I wouldn't , I'd be after some of Houston's youth if I were those GM's.

So are we willing to give up one or more of Martin , Tate , Brooks , Garuba or Christopher to send Gordon elsewhere ? Sorry , not me.

If I can't use House and or Augustin to make that happen , then I'm quite content to Keep EG for another year.

burlesk likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Appreciate all the info here, especially about other contracts in the league.

You did leave out one major point of a likely trade by Stone. We actually are not required to take back *any* salary. As you know, the rules are that the team receiving Gordon has to match salaries, but nothing says they have to ship the salary to Gordon’s departing team ... it can go anywhere.

So, a 3-way trade can get around *all* difficulties you mention. Not to say Stone can pull off a $0-return multi-team trade, but just want to mention that your salary range of incoming player(s) will very likely *not* be the required range, nor is Stone restricted to the limited amt of players/teams that you labor over.

Given your research spelling out the difficulties of a two team trade, it is highly likely Stone is looking at, and will find, a multi-team trade requiring significantly less salary in return.

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

18. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

19. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Even if this is the case I’d rather green be out there. He’s the singular most important piece of this franchise right now and I’d rather him collect experience than win a few games in a lottery season. He looked a lot better in his first 11 minutes with space so I doubt we would’ve lost all 5 of the games of the streak solely because he was out there.

burlesk and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  20. DeBeards

DeBeards Member